• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Room?

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Wonder Room is one of those weird moves (much like Trick Room) that initially seemed somewhat silly to me. For those who don't know, it switches all Pokemon's Defence and Special Defence stats for five turns. I think it has some potential though; for example, on a Slowbro it gives you the option of essentially becoming a Slowking for five turns (presto, special wall!), or making that annoying Blissey suddenly vulnerable to special attacks. Thoughts? Ideas? Discuss.

Not much learns it.

Its pretty useless although Slowbro can ALMOST make it work to kinda break your counters. Even so you aren't 2HKOing Blissey without Special Attack investment. Most of those Pokemon get Psycho Shock or Calm Mind to beat Blissey anyway.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
It can turn you from a special wall to a physical wall for 5 turns!(Or the other way around) That's really it...

EDIT: It can be a cool little gimick in doubles/triples though since it can make an earthquake on a Blissey/Chansey do minimum damage.

Shreyas

Well, I really don't see it helping too much. Well, not too sure how much potential it actually has either. You might as well switch rather than wasting a turn (and a move slot) on Wonder Room.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not much learns it.

Its pretty useless although Slowbro can ALMOST make it work to kinda break your counters. Even so you aren't 2HKOing Blissey without Special Attack investment. Most of those Pokemon get Psycho Shock or Calm Mind to beat Blissey anyway.
Correction, all of them get Psycho Shock and Calm Mind.

It's an odd support move that's hard to use competitively so it's left alone.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Well, I really don't see it helping too much. Well, not too sure how much potential it actually has either. You might as well switch rather than wasting a turn (and a move slot) on Wonder Room.
Good point, especially considering that Slowbro gets Regenerator. However switching implies having another viable Pokemon to switch to, so if you for some reason don't have the space for both a physical and special wall on your team (i.e. Battle Haxway) I could see it maybe filling that niche.

I don't know, I just thought it had some application somewhere. I remember, back in the early days of 4th Gen, that Trick Room, too, was thought to be an odd support move that's hard to use competitively. But then, I'm not really your normal competitive player; when I breed Pokemon I don't think in terms of efficiency but rather what would be fun to exploit. I can see my posting this here was probably a mistake. Oh well.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Trick room is helpful, but wonder room is almost completely pointless.