• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories - Sun and Moon Edition

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yes, because a lot of competitive battlers and breeders like myself have just *too many* extras sitting around in our boxes. I'll often send out 4-5IV competitive Pokemon in rare balls at times with their HA through WT in hopes that someone else can enjoy the Pokemon. Dratini has been one of projects I've done in the past. I don't think you're sitting on any hacked Dratinis--they're not particularly rare or special. You probably just were traded someone's breedjects (or fodder at least).

I have something similar with having lots of Jangmo-o. I need to get that Razor Claw, so expect fresh wild Jangmo-o in a future Wonder Trade

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I have something similar with having lots of Jangmo-o. I need to get that Razor Claw, so expect fresh wild Jangmo-o in a future Wonder Trade

You should try using a Pokemon with Compoundeyes for its ability and teach it either Thief or Covet when hunting for items like that. It's much faster than catching them and hoping you get one. That's how I got my Razor Claw and a bunch of Metal Coats.

How much FC do you get per WT? I need to grind for more and WT off breejects seems like the fastest way.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
How much FC do you get per WT? I need to grind for more and WT off breejects seems like the fastest way.

It's 2 FC per trade, more if you have a boost from fortune teller. Wonder Trading just for FC grinding isn't worth it, doing missions is much faster. I think you can get maybe 40 or so Wonder Trades per hour if a lot of people are online, but if it's quiet and it occasionally fails to find trading partners it takes much longer. The difference in FC gain between Wonder Trading and missions is a factor of 6 or so, and that's if a lot of people are wonder trading.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You should try using a Pokemon with Compoundeyes for its ability and teach it either Thief or Covet when hunting for items like that. It's much faster than catching them and hoping you get one. That's how I got my Razor Claw and a bunch of Metal Coats.

ive used this method a few times before and it works great, i did try the ability then use a frisk pkmn to check the item if any but it took too much time that way.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

In addition to what Sceptile Leaf Blade said, also be sure to interact with your Plaza guests regularly (if you're not already doing this). Meaning respond to the guests who have pink speech balloons appearing above them and do what they want. You can do this just about every hour and this will help you grind out FC as well.

To post something on topic, lately, I've been getting more wonder trades who the Pokemon have the 6th generation pentagon.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
First off, question: are Extremespeed Dratini legit? I mean, I know they gave out a lot of event Dragonite with the move years back, but were those transferred over capable of breeding? (I'm asking because I believe things like Ash-Greninja can't breed--at least, not with a Ditto to produce Froakie.)

Next, my latest acquisitions... a Therian Thundurus (from a while back... not sure if it's a hack?), a Shroomish, a Chatot with some Egg Moves, and a Pachirisu in a Dream Ball!

Lastly, my most recent distribution have been a better batch of Deerling [Autumn]. Most had the moves Camouflage, Worry Seed, Synthesis, and Baton Pass, and possibly the species' Hidden Ability, Serene Grace. Lucky are those who received them, I guess?

Next up are some not-as-great Deerling (fewer Egg Moves/no Hidden Ability), Kanto Grimer with Shadow Punch, and Dweeble with Night Slash.

Last edited:

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
First off, question: are Extremespeed Dratini legit? I mean, I know they gave out a lot of event Dragonite with the move years back, but were those transferred over capable of breeding? (I'm asking because I believe things like Ash-Greninja can't breed--at least, not with a Ditto to produce Froakie.)

Extremespeed is one of Dratini's egg moves, but even without events you can get one legit. All you have to do is commit an act of seppuku to obtain HG or SS, complete the Johto gyms, and not be a jerk about pokemon to the old man in the Dragon Den to get a Dratini with Extremespeed. Send it up, get the move onto a dratini of choice, and gatta go fast on everything.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just got an original ash cap pikachu from WT, lvl 100 6IVS non shiny. likely a hack as no ribbon and great IVS....

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
i just got an original ash cap pikachu from WT, lvl 100 6IVS non shiny. likely a hack as no ribbon and great IVS....

Gotta wonder why people are so chill about sending out clearly hacked pokemon...

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The only thing I got worth mentioning after weeks is a modest Castform with a 30/31/31/31/31/31 distribution. No idea why someone would bother going through the trouble of breeding one. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it for the Battle Tree or not yet. It is interesting to see what other people are using for competitive battling.

AmethystLeslie

The only thing I got worth mentioning after weeks is a modest Castform with a 30/31/31/31/31/31 distribution. No idea why someone would bother going through the trouble of breeding one. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it for the Battle Tree or not yet. It is interesting to see what other people are using for competitive battling.

I did Castform as a breeding project once, only cuz it was early in the game's life and it's really hard to find in SM. And then I gave it good IVs and some moves because force of habit.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Gotta wonder why people are so chill about sending out clearly hacked pokemon...

trying to illicit a good reaction?? god knows why they still do that. the owner/hacker of that one was one of those that liked giving hacked pkmn out on WT.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー

I got a very clearly hacked Pokémon earlier today. The guy's in-game name was actually a website URL, so out of curiosity I read the FAQ on his site. The following is what it said:

"I give perfect pokemon to the community, so they can participate at tournaments. "

That makes ZERO sense to me, because a Pokémon this blatantly hacked would earn any player at an official tournament an instant ban. The only other alternative are unofficial tournaments, and if this is the bar people are setting for usage in that context, then I don't expect the skill ceiling to be too terribly high since hacks are obviously legal in such tournaments. I honestly don't get why people do this, it poisons the well for anyone Wonder Trading simply to enjoy the game.

Game Freak needs to seriously improve their hack checking and implement it in more contexts. When I receive a Pokémon through Wonder Trade that I can tell is hacked from just two seconds looking at it, that is a serious problem.

AmethystLeslie

Game Freak needs to seriously improve their hack checking and implement it in more contexts. When I receive a Pokémon through Wonder Trade that I can tell is hacked from just two seconds looking at it, that is a serious problem.

Well, good news, Nintendo's doing a console ban on hackers.

AmethystLeslie

I just received my new favorite hacked pokemon. Its a lv 5 shiny Giratina in a Dream Ball.

Hacked... probably. Legal? Yes. From Dream Radar.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Uh... do hackers just have the most obvious OT names? Like, this shiny flawless Calm Insomnia Hypno with Leftovers has the OT Sakati.TV...

its not all hackers but its more like a brand name for those who are less discerning as per the pkmn's origin. ive gotten 2 with similar names that were released as soon as i got the shiny forms. there are too many hackers out there so i guess some dont like it when the cred for their pkmn is taken. i think they get a kick out of it and do other trades to send the pkmn to the person wanting them. the net can be very dark at times.....

Pikachu111213

Traveler
In the last 24 hours I have gotten four shinies through Wondertrade. Got a Snorlax, Shiinotic, Raikou, and a clearly hacked shiny Xerneas