• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories - Sun and Moon Edition

xenlock

I was able to grab one from wondertrade, but had a friend edit out the clearly hacked stuff to return it to legality / how the event would actually be. I'm not going to use it anywhere, I just kind of want to feed it beans and play offline with the little guy.

I keep hacked Mons from WT too. Like having them in my box and play with them in-game even if I won't use them online.

Dragga

Questing Beast
Again, I find myself getting a female Alolan Geodude with all IVs as 0, Timid nature, knowing only Sleep Talk and with the name いろちよこせ

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i recently got a jolly shiny coballion with perfect Hp/ATK/SPA from WT and its most likely legit so i can use it online if i want to.

Strykor

I'm only two away from having every starter (just need Fennekin and Snivy), and I'm pretty sure I surprised someone by sending out a Kyogre (sent in two via PokeTransfer by accident), but what really surprised me was that one of the people I was trading with had the name Serebii. Fairly sure it wasn't from anyone running this site, though I've never seen their game ID photo before, so I'm not certain. Thanks for the Eevee if it was someone from here.

Last edited:

Volcaronick

So I just got a Power Save like 4 or 5 days ago, and I have been cloning/making stuff shiny/changing Natures/moves/making stuff battle ready/wonder trading.

So if you got a shiny:

Yveltal
Staraptor
Starmie
Bisharp
Rotom Wash
Aurorus
Gallade
Weezing
Treecko
Drifblim
Or Mismagius

From Nikki in California this week, you're welcome. I *Think* my message is "I love Ice Type Pokemon" "I'm very into Wonder Trades."

I feel like us adult players need to come together and combat all these Pikipeks/Wingulls/Yungoos/Magikarp/Zubat/Ratatta with BR shinies/uncommon Pokemon other days of the week instead of just Wednesday. And even on Wednesday you have people sending out that stuff.

Last edited:

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
So I just got a Power Save like 4 or 5 days ago, and I have been cloning/making stuff shiny/changing Natures/moves/making stuff battle ready/wonder trading.

So if you got a shiny:

Yveltal
Staraptor
Starmie
Bisharp
Rotom Wash
Aurorus
Gallade
Weezing
Treecko
Drifblim
Or Mismagius

From Nikki in California this week, you're welcome. I *Think* my message is "I love Ice Type Pokemon" "I'm very into Wonder Trades."

I feel like us adult players need to come together and combat all these Pikipeks/Wingulls/Yungoos/Magikarp/Zubat/Ratatta with BR shinies/uncommon Pokemon other days of the week instead of just Wednesday. And even on Wednesday you have people sending out that stuff.

Good work! Honestly, making WT fun like that makes the whole thing worth it for me. Trading out bad or route 1 stuff is boring to me, and it's boring to the person trading just to get that stuff.

Strykor

Most common Wonder Trade out there - Magikarp for Magikarp. This is the first time I've had it done twice in a row.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Good work! Honestly, making WT fun like that makes the whole thing worth it for me. Trading out bad or route 1 stuff is boring to me, and it's boring to the person trading just to get that stuff.

If it wasn't for the people sending out good things then I wouldn't wonder trade at all. Receiving tons and tons of Pikipek is just no fun at all. The occasional 4-6 (legit) IV Pokémon and some harder to find Pokémon makes weeding through these crap Pokémon worth it.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I wonder WHY of all Pokemon do I always get Magikarps? It's not even as easy to find as say, Gumshoes. It's like I'm purposely being trolled.

ANYWAY, I got a shiny Modest Palkia with perfect IV's after one trade yesterday... I know it's hacked, and I'll never use it but...... I'm keeping it, lol.

AmethystLeslie

I wonder WHY of all Pokemon do I always get Magikarps? It's not even as easy to find as say, Gumshoes. It's like I'm purposely being trolled.

ANYWAY, I got a shiny Modest Palkia with perfect IV's after one trade yesterday... I know it's hacked, and I'll never use it but...... I'm keeping it, lol.

Surprise, Gyarados is good.

I can see why they believe WT breedject Magicarp's a good idea, but a Magicarp is a Magikarp to me, unless I see the IVs. Even then it's trash to me.

Det. Viper

I would've kept the Palkia too. It would make a cool addition to a living Shiny Dex.

On a side note: I was working on a perfect Rockruff so I apologize for anybody who gets my breedjects. They all have the correct nature if somebody feels the want to hyper train one.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Been using the Wonder Trade feature a LOT today. My end goal is to manage to hit a Marshadow through it. Didn't get anything major aside a Piplup. Will try again tonight or tomorrow.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Been using the Wonder Trade feature a LOT today. My end goal is to manage to hit a Marshadow through it. Didn't get anything major aside a Piplup. Will try again tonight or tomorrow.

You know that only hacked Marshadow can be wonder traded right? The legal ones are banned from Wonder Trade.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
You know that only hacked Marshadow can be wonder traded right? The legal ones are banned from Wonder Trade.

Since I doubt I will be able to get a legal Marshadow, any Marshadow will do. Don't care if it's hacked, I don't go to the Battle Spot or any features that TPCi can get you for owning hacked Pokémon.

The only good thing out of this is that I got a Larvitar, which I bred to get a male one. Will train it so I can Mega Evolve it for battles.

Last edited:

Ghost94

Since I doubt I will be able to get a legal Marshadow, any Marshadow will do. Don't care if it's hacked, I don't go to the Battle Spot or any features that TPCi can get you for owning hacked Pokémon.

The only good thing out of this is that I got a Larvitar, which I bred to get a male one. Will train it so I can Mega Evolve it for battles.

Starting October 9th we'll all be able to acquire a serial code from GameStop that will allow us to download Marshadow via Mystery Gift. Just hit up a GameStop then and ask an employee for a Marshadow code and they'll hook you up

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Starting October 9th we'll all be able to acquire a serial code from GameStop that will allow us to download Marshadow via Mystery Gift. Just hit up a GameStop then and ask an employee for a Marshadow code and they'll hook you up

I live in Europe. And during the period said for Europe I will be away from all possible selected retailers, so my point still stands.

On the topic of Wonder Trades... what the hell, I got a Pikipek Lv 15 from Donald Trump. Traded it away and continued the trades until I got a female Ralts. Bred it like thrice to get a male one.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
My latest Breedject wonder trades have earned me a shiny Seel and a shiny Porygon2 that immediately evolved into Porygon-Z.

I'm sure it's because of the Magikarp swap method. All those breedjects have to go somewhere...

Det. Viper

My favorite I get from wonder trade (happened three times now) is getting a Snorlax nicknamed "Your Mom" and is carrying a burn heal. I find it humorous every time.

Ghost94

I live in Europe. And during the period said for Europe I will be away from all possible selected retailers, so my point still stands.

On the topic of Wonder Trades... what the hell, I got a Pikipek Lv 15 from Donald Trump. Traded it away and continued the trades until I got a female Ralts. Bred it like thrice to get a male one.

Here's an idea that certainly tops the minuscule chance of getting one from Wonder Trading, strike a deal for someone to acquire one of the codes for you. If a friend or family member cannot then perhaps you can ask a forum member, surely a trade of some kind can be arranged. Because wonder trading is really a shot in the dark, even trading with a festival plaza guest will increase your odds of finding that Marshadow. And just for the record wonder trading is like the unemployment line of entitlement seekers, I voted for Trump and I endorse the GTS