• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories - Sun and Moon Edition

Orangejuice

I just got a shiny Type:Null via Wonder Trade, nature and IVs suggest it's legit. I'm baffled, seems like trading 5 IV breedrejects paid of.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got some pretty nice Alolan Vulpix's and I got an Alolan Exeggutor, along with some other stuff. But I do run into Mimikyu's, Magikarp's and Wingull's often though lol.

With Bank updated I finally have a lot of fodder to Wonder Trade. My goal is to Wonder Trade until I have no dupes of any Pokémon except ones I find particularly cool or valuable. I've got some good trades recently. The biggest highlight was a shiny Minior, which would be the second non-event Shiny I've ever had bar Red Gyarados. I also got Beast Ball Gible and Riolu and a level 54 Ultra Ball Riolu, plus an Apricot Ball Alolan Sandshrew (not sure which Ball. It was the same one I got a Wonder Traded Shiny Sneazel in actually, and I thought it was a Moon Ball at the time, but those aren't in Sun and Moon).

EDIT: And also Porygon. Guess Karma pays off a little given the Lucario, Druddigon and Rotom I traded earlier.
Double EDIT: Okay goddamnit I didn't actually get a shiny Minior I just didn't know they came with different colors. And I was so excited too.

Last edited:

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
After hatching some HA Zubat, I traded them away and got a Zangoose, a Kangashan in a Level Ball (awesome) and a Magmortar! Didn't expect that!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yesterday, about an hour before the Bank update was announced, I got a Lv.100 Shiny Charizard with 5 "Best" IVs and 1 "Fantastic" IV (probably hacked though). About an hour ago, I got a 6IV Lv.100 Shiny Mewtwo.

I'm still not clean on ways to check if a Pokemon I have is hacked. The one response I got wasn't much help.

AmethystLeslie

Yesterday, about an hour before the Bank update was announced, I got a Lv.100 Shiny Charizard with 5 "Best" IVs and 1 "Fantastic" IV (probably hacked though). About an hour ago, I got a 6IV Lv.100 Shiny Mewtwo.

I'm still not clean on ways to check if a Pokemon I have is hacked. The one response I got wasn't much help.

They've gotta be hacked if you got them before the update.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
With Bank updated I finally have a lot of fodder to Wonder Trade. My goal is to Wonder Trade until I have no dupes of any Pokémon except ones I find particularly cool or valuable. I've got some good trades recently. The biggest highlight was a shiny Minior, which would be the second non-event Shiny I've ever had bar Red Gyarados. I also got Beast Ball Gible and Riolu and a level 54 Ultra Ball Riolu, plus an Apricot Ball Alolan Sandshrew (not sure which Ball. It was the same one I got a Wonder Traded Shiny Sneazel in actually, and I thought it was a Moon Ball at the time, but those aren't in Sun and Moon).

EDIT: And also Porygon. Guess Karma pays off a little given the Lucario, Druddigon and Rotom I traded earlier.
Double EDIT: Okay goddamnit I didn't actually get a shiny Minior I just didn't know they came with different colors. And I was so excited too.

A shiny Minior, for the record, is black with multicolored triangle sparkly bits. That would be quite the find, considering Miniors don't call SOS reinforcements.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
my best Wondertrade was getting a lvl 1 Litten. I probably gave them either a Magikarp or a Pichu. Thats what i send out most often.

Got a few pokemon in Beast Balls, but i sent them back out. It doesnt feel right having non Ultra Beasts in them.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
I've received quite a few good things from wonder trade. Shiny litten /shiny mudsbray/shiny level 100 silvally ( probably hacked)/ shiny minior on my sun version. And on my moon wonderlocke I got a shiny bulbasaur.

I've also received a few 4-5 Iv breedjects in nice balls that I've bred onwards.

traps

Got a Mew (obviously hacked because it can't be traded I'm pretty sure) and a shiny Zapdos.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a rash 6IV ditto (non-shiny) in master ball + a bottle cap (gold i believe) OT cameron (959484) with limber at lvl 28 mt Hokulani. not sure if its legit. id like to use it as a breding pkmn but not sure about it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
i got a rash 6IV ditto (non-shiny) in master ball + a bottle cap (gold i believe) OT cameron (959484) with limber at lvl 28 mt Hokulani. not sure if its legit. id like to use it as a breding pkmn but not sure about it.

It's possible, but primarily the ball makes me suspicious. Who catches Ditto in Master Balls? I generally use Repeat Balls for Ditto (Ditto never passes its ball on anyway). Getting that 6IV Ditto (which has a 1 in 1024 chance of appearing after you chain long enough to guarantee 4IV), precisely in your Master Ball, it's suspicious to me. 6IV Ditto is already suspicious, statistically it should take hundreds of hours of chaining Ditto's to get that legally (and it was even harder in previous gens without SOS). And add to that that it was given away in Wonder Trade? Don't get me wrong, sometimes I send out decent breed-rejects through Wonder trade (like 3IV Anticipation Eevee), but why would you Wonder Trade 6IV Ditto?

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I've gotten a lot of great IV-bred Pokémon over Wonder Trade, as well as some Island Scan exclusives and a couple of Ultra Beasts. I've also gotten a 6IV Shiny Litwick, which I'm 99.999999... percent sure was hacked, particularly since it says it was caught in the wild. I'm giving that to my sister, who doesn't mind hacked shinies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's possible, but primarily the ball makes me suspicious. Who catches Ditto in Master Balls? I generally use Repeat Balls for Ditto (Ditto never passes its ball on anyway). Getting that 6IV Ditto (which has a 1 in 1024 chance of appearing after you chain long enough to guarantee 4IV), precisely in your Master Ball, it's suspicious to me. 6IV Ditto is already suspicious, statistically it should take hundreds of hours of chaining Ditto's to get that legally (and it was even harder in previous gens without SOS). And add to that that it was given away in Wonder Trade? Don't get me wrong, sometimes I send out decent breed-rejects through Wonder trade (like 3IV Anticipation Eevee), but why would you Wonder Trade 6IV Ditto?

yeah, i didnt give it too much thought when i did get it but i heseitated using it just now for a furret pairing. i chose a growlithe as a IV donor but its a shame that the ditto isnt legit. the primary ball didnt give me much suspicion. i caught my shiny ditto in a master ball, forgot to bring a Twave user and the SOS calls never stopped coming..... dive balls kept opening and i wanted to catch mine before it struggled.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Just got a Spanish Yungoos nicknamed DARKRAI (yes, all caps)... I have no words to describe what I'm feeling right now. The OT, JoseLuis, pretty much said it all for me... *cries*

Last edited:

Just got a Charmander in a Luxury Ball...is that possible?

Actually I've gotten Pokemon is Luxury Balls three times in a row now, all from difference people (or different OTs anyway, I guess they could still be from the same person).

gliscor&yanmega

Just got a Charmander in a Luxury Ball...is that possible?

Actually I've gotten Pokemon is Luxury Balls three times in a row now, all from difference people (or different OTs anyway, I guess they could still be from the same person).

Yes it's possible. Charmeleon can be caught in XY, so you can use Luxury Ball on it. As such, it can pass it down to Charmander.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Over the past 48 hours I got a Level 100 Tapu Koko that was holding a Gold Bottle Cap, some junk item that I didn't know had Pokerus until my entire party at the time was infected by it, and some other junk item that was holding a Master Ball.