• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories - Sun and Moon Edition

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
It seems be legit though unlucky for breeder, I guess. Probably she already have better shiny one.

Anyway, I got male Salandit in Master Ball... wut? Still unlucky with wonder trades.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It seems be legit though unlucky for breeder, I guess. Probably she already have better shiny one.

Anyway, I got male Salandit in Master Ball... wut? Still unlucky with wonder trades.

thanks, at least im not the only one who suspected it was legit.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Holy cow. I just bred some Mankeys and put one up on Wonder Trade and got a Phermosa in return.

AmethystLeslie

Bump, can anyone please confirm if this pkmn is legit? i really want to use it in the competitions when i can correct the missing 31 IV on it. if its not a legit Trapinch then i'll keep it ingame but id prefer to battle with it. ive since evolved it to lvl 59 Flygon with EVs and moves.

btw, why isnt there any hack check thread in gen7 trading forum? it seems like a useful thread to have in there.

I'm sure they hatched it there. So yeah, it's extremely likely it's legit.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it WAS shiny. It's still likely to be legit, but it's at least legal.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm sure they hatched it there. So yeah, it's extremely likely it's legit.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it WAS shiny. It's still likely to be legit, but it's at least legal.

yeah, i was wondering if id ever have to do a MM run just to get a shiny Flygon in gen7 as i dont ever transfer shiny pkmn from previous generations. its a shame i messed up getting super power on it before i evolved Trapinch. i honestly dont care if the IVs were worse, its a legit shiny that is only missing the ability to rename it to what i want. it has all the other things id want on a shiny Flygon down to the ball and nature. i must say its a tough choice choosing between nest ball and potential friend ball but either is a good choice. it was the best trade i ever got on Sun to this point and i dont think it can get any better.

AmethystLeslie

it was the best trade i ever got on Sun to this point and i dont think it can get any better.

Shiny legendary or mythical, probably, hacked or not. It'll happen one of these days.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Shiny legendary or mythical, probably, hacked or not. It'll happen one of these days.

hard to tell TBH, though if i managed to get a legit good nature 5IV Suicune from an online trade then that will be very close to it. i cont care much about shinies or for 99% of the legends, i rarely use legends anyway.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Been wonder trading a lot this weekend. I never did so in XYORAS because of the rumour that the bad eggs some people had in their games were linked to it and I didn't want to run the risk of it happening to me. I've been having a lot of fun with it and have gotten a couple of good Pokemon out of it. I mostly just get junk which I put straight back in or release if they have horrible or insulting nicknames.

Anyone else get countless Magikarp?

AmethystLeslie

Been wonder trading a lot this weekend. I never did so in XYORAS because of the rumour that the bad eggs some people had in their games were linked to it and I didn't want to run the risk of it happening to me. I've been having a lot of fun with it and have gotten a couple of good Pokemon out of it. I mostly just get junk which I put straight back in or release if they have horrible or insulting nicknames.

Yeah, but i release them, same with other pokemon i consider to be trash.

Also, i never heard that Bad Egg rumor back in the Gen 6 days, and it never happened to me, and I Wonder Traded ALL THE TIME.

kinvara

pokemon legend
crazy wonder trades over the last few days people keep sending me shinys not complaining just think its weird I got

abra level 1

jellicent level 100

eelektross level 100

cleffa level 1

guzzlord level 100 not shiny

cosmog level 90 not shiny

hitmonchan level 100

2 x tsareena level 100 and level 50

kabuto level 1

emboar level 100

and that's all in 2 weeks
nice shiny's though keeping them all :)
cant remember if there's any more I might have missed

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
I've yet to really get a ground-breaking Wonder Trade this gen. Last gen netted me a 6IV Shiny Bagon, but that was two years ago...

Ooooooh man that actually happened to me in my Y game. I had to trade everything I owned of value to my sisters game and completely restart cause I didn't know what else to do. And then I swore off Wonder Trading for a whole month, and only began again because other people convinced me to get back to it.

And yeah I got a lot of Magikarp. One of them is in a Lure Ball, which I'm glad I got.

Yeah, but i release them, same with other pokemon i consider to be trash.

I can't bring myself to release most of what I get in fear of the pokemon I release having the ID number that will net me the winning lottery, which I now realize is a stupid reason...

Brb, releasing over 5 boxes worth of trash :D

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just got a lvl 100 modest tapu lele from WT but im not sure if its legit. it has full HP/DEF evs with hidden power fire. it has perfect HP, SDF, DEF IVs and the other 3 IVs are at 30. it does have pokerus active and all moves are PP maxed. the biggest thing im worried about is the OT: 098353 AuSLove.TV. i know that the OT has a history of playing with pkmn stats.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Ooooooh man that actually happened to me in my Y game. I had to trade everything I owned of value to my sisters game and completely restart cause I didn't know what else to do. And then I swore off Wonder Trading for a whole month, and only began again because other people convinced me to get back to it.

And yeah I got a lot of Magikarp. One of them is in a Lure Ball, which I'm glad I got.

It sucks that happened to you. I would have been so gutted if it happened to me as I have a lot of Pokemon on my X as well as all my friend safaris and maxed out playtime. Couldn't risk losing that.

Think I got a Lure Ball Magikarp as well but I put it straight back into WT because I prefer Gyarados in Quick or Fast Balls personally so had no use for the Lure Ball one. Also got a Beast Ball one which I traded away too.

i just got a lvl 100 modest tapu lele from WT but im not sure if its legit. it has full HP/DEF evs with hidden power fire. it has perfect HP, SDF, DEF IVs and the other 3 IVs are at 30. it does have pokerus active and all moves are PP maxed. the biggest thing im worried about is the OT: 098353 AuSLove.TV. i know that the OT has a history of playing with pkmn stats.

Definitely hacked unfortunately. The odds of getting that spread legitimately are absurdly low and AusLove.TV is a well known hacker. I'd get rid of the Tapu Lele personally.

To stay on topic, I haven't wonder traded much since last time I posted but I didn't get anything that good anyway. I did get a Love Ball Mawile with 4 egg moves which I can definitely use for breeding which is nice and I think I got a 4 egg move HA Buneary as well (can't remember if I still have this one). I'm in the process of MMing for a shiny Salandit or Jangmo-o so I might put some of the rejects into WT and see if I get anything worthwhile.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It sucks that happened to you. I would have been so gutted if it happene

Definitely hacked unfortunately. The odds of getting that spread legitimately are absurdly low and AusLove.TV is a well known hacker. I'd get rid of the Tapu Lele personally.

To stay on topic, I haven't wonder traded much since last time I posted but I didn't get anything that good anyway. I did get a Love Ball Mawile with 4 egg moves which I can definitely use for breeding which is nice and I think I got a 4 egg move HA Buneary as well (can't remember if I still have this one). I'm in the process of MMing for a shiny Salandit or Jangmo-o so I might put some of the rejects into WT and see if I get anything worthwhile.

thanks, ive received a legit tapu fini from WT 2 weeks???? ago and put it up for a GTS to get a calm gen2 Suicune. i saw the tapu lele and thought it might be useful for trades or battle until i sw the OT. not sur if i'll release it but it wont be used by me.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye

Reminds me of this Arceus I got over Wonder Trade. Jolly, 6IV, seemed to be the 20 anni Arceus, had an OT similar to the one you mentioned but some other guy, and oh also it was shiny.

If hacked pokemon could be more obvious, they would just look like Missingno.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Reminds me of this Arceus I got over Wonder Trade. Jolly, 6IV, seemed to be the 20 anni Arceus, had an OT similar to the one you mentioned but some other guy, and oh also it was shiny.

If hacked pokemon could be more obvious, they would just look like Missingno.

if hacked pkmn looked like missingno then we'd be in huge trouble for our save files. i did end up releasing the tapu lele soon after the post and saved right after to prevent 2nd thoughts.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
i'm a newbie with the game but is there anything bad (that may happen to my game) in keeping hacked Pokemon you receive in WonderTrade?

Not that I know of but as for me, I wouldn't want to keep any Pokemon that has a blank name or blank OT due to an incident that broke my Platinum game years ago. I received an Arceus from Gen 6's Wonder Trade with a completely blank nickname and I got rid of it immediately. I can't even remember if it was shiny or not.

AmethystLeslie

i'm a newbie with the game but is there anything bad (that may happen to my game) in keeping hacked Pokemon you receive in WonderTrade?

There's no danger to it, take it online if you want, put it in Pokemon Bank, migrating it to the next game is okay, as long as it's not from Gen 5 or earlier (Poke Transfer checks that). You should be fine-

Not that I know of but as for me, I wouldn't want to keep any Pokemon that has a blank name or blank OT due to an incident that broke my Platinum game years ago. I received an Arceus from Gen 6's Wonder Trade with a completely blank nickname and I got rid of it immediately. I can't even remember if it was shiny or not.

Oh... wow. Sorry to hear that. The person who made that pokemon (that broke your Platinum game) probably had bad intentions instead of helpful like I usually see.

I remember I once got a level 100 Mudkip once with Tackle and Growl. It had -500,000 EXP (estimate) until the next levelup. I was worried about it, but one battle with it fixed itself.