• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Received a Jirachi in Wonder Trade, but it has a Japanese name. Annoying.

Blasting Toise

I can't remember what i traded in, but i got a Zygarde in return.
I wonder why someone would ever give up a legendary, he or she must of been like 8 years old or something.
Maybe he/she really wanted to get rid of his/hers Zygarde XD

I have received mostly boring ordinary pokemon like magikarp, ralts(Someone happy received my HA Bulbasaur for that) and gabite, but Charmander was a nice surprise- it was also german.

Ryuri

The weirdest thing i got was a jap lvl 100 infernape (not competitive ) , i was kinda surprised aha
Wonder trade is awesome if well used . It is the sole reason i got to iv breed a lot of pokemon , and , because of that i trade my 4 and 3 ivs pokemons through it , to pay the good things i got from it ^^

Reb of Kalos

Addicted to pokemon
The other day I got an Xernias in wondertrade. I was trading leftover feebas's from doing the Masuda method, lol. I was just casually eating cereal, glanced over at my DS, and saw the Xernias, nearly spit out my cereal and laughed like a maniac.

candycanecat

Lord of Bacon
Wow, all these people getting Zygardes. Maybe people just don't like them? I got one too, from the Lucario Korrina gave me. I had one that was 10+ levels higher and gave the stone to him and put the original on WT. Got a Zygarde, noting particularly exciting happened except maybe a Totodile last week since then.

DedicatedFan

Wow, all these people getting Zygardes. Maybe people just don't like them? I got one too, from the Lucario Korrina gave me. I had one that was 10+ levels higher and gave the stone to him and put the original on WT. Got a Zygarde, noting particularly exciting happened except maybe a Totodile last week since then.

Whoa getting a Zygarde is a common thing now lol.
Even if you hate it, people shouldn't wonder trade it when you offer it up as a normal trade.

candycanecat

Lord of Bacon
Whoa getting a Zygarde is a common thing now lol.
Even if you hate it, people shouldn't wonder trade it when you offer it up as a normal trade.

I've also heard people WT their legendaries to be nice if they're completely restarting and don't want the old ones. Zygarde is just found in both games so I guess you see it more often. Especially with all the 'Lvl 1-10 <insert rare legendary here>' people giving away free Zygardes and the occasional Yveltal or Xerneas are good people and probably more than a little bit crazy. But, it's their choice, if they really don't wanna SR for a certain nature and replay the entire game for the version legendary they can go ahead and do that.

DedicatedFan

I've also heard people WT their legendaries to be nice if they're completely restarting and don't want the old ones. Zygarde is just found in both games so I guess you see it more often. Especially with all the 'Lvl 1-10 <insert rare legendary here>' people giving away free Zygardes and the occasional Yveltal or Xerneas are good people and probably more than a little bit crazy. But, it's their choice, if they really don't wanna SR for a certain nature and replay the entire game for the version legendary they can go ahead and do that.

Hmm I never thought about that, I guess that makes sense. That's nice of them.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
That's what I'm thinking. If I was going to restart and didn't have a second game or a friend with a game I planned to trade all my best mons to, then I'd set them free over Wonder Trade in hopes that other players would enjoy them.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I got a Hidden Ability Dratini, and figured I'd breed myself a Dragonite, since I've never tried battling with one and all. Then I realized that nope, can't get Extreme Speed on it, since the only thing it can inherit it is from... another Dratini (or its evolutions, of course, blah).

Lo, after a few dozen more Wonder Trades, I get an Extreme Speed Dratini dropped on me. Not bad.

I also got a 5IV Ditto, but apparently it's hacked since it doesn't have that "legal and safe to use" or whatever mark on it. Not that I care, I've never used Ditto for breeding anyway. It's already fast enough thanks to tons of Friend Zones. Kiiinda tempted to see if the offspring of that thing are also labeled as hacked or not though.

Got a lax 5IV Chansey. Missing attack.

Got a 5IV Adamant Mawile. Missing Attack

Got a 5IV Garbodor.

Got a 5 IV Jolly Chimchar. Missing HP

Those four stand out the most

~Dragonz~

Dragon Trainer
So I got a Jap Klefki while trading last night and was thinking ''Eh, just another one''. Go to check it out..
It was caught in a Master Ball o-o

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I also got a 5IV Ditto, but apparently it's hacked since it doesn't have that "legal and safe to use" or whatever mark on it. Not that I care, I've never used Ditto for breeding anyway. It's already fast enough thanks to tons of Friend Zones. Kiiinda tempted to see if the offspring of that thing are also labeled as hacked or not though.

The pentagon just means it was caught/bred in the Kalos region. The offspring would have it regardless if you were to hatch it in XY.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So, I got an adamant Totodile With Dragon Dance and Ice Punch, so I got that working in my favour, which is nice

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
The pentagon just means it was caught/bred in the Kalos region. The offspring would have it regardless if you were to hatch it in XY.

Really? Huh, I heard it to mean that it meant the Pokémon was legal and able to be used in contests and online battles and stuff. I guess all the other old gen Pokémon I've gotten were bred in Kalos then.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
I keep getting Charmanders and Eevees from WT, and since I don't need any more, I send em back into the world, and last night alone I traded charmander for charmander and eevee for eevee at least twice each, lol. Since I'm breeding Phantumps, once in a while I'll get Phantump for Phantump. I've got to imagine the other person is either laughing or angry at that one, lol.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Really? Huh, I heard it to mean that it meant the Pokémon was legal and able to be used in contests and online battles and stuff. I guess all the other old gen Pokémon I've gotten were bred in Kalos then.

Most likely, yes. I say "most likely" because people are apparently hacking older pokémon to have a Pentagon these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.