• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
I sent out a Froakie on Wonder Trade and another Froakie came back. I was a little disappointed until I looked at it in the PC and it had it's hidden ability! :) I need to use this thing more often!

Puma Italia

I haven't gotten many usable Pokemon on Wonder Trade lately, but I did get a 4 IV Riolu which was nice. I may just train it as is.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I haven't used Wonder Trade all that much, but I do have a few foreign Pokémon. It'll be interesting to see what all I can get by using it to trade away all my breeding rejects.

I just wish there was a way to deposit Pokémon without asking for anything in return.

SpazticCat

On Christmas day I traded away a box of FS Eevees, holding Thunder, Fire, and Water stones, all nicknamed after dogs my family used to have. Some of them were even females with their HA. I got some starters (which I promptly bred and GTSed to fill out the set), a Feebas, and a jolly Chatot named Xmas Caroler. I've also gotten a Dunsparce named DESTROYER...

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
My best wt pokemons are maybe my mudkip and sewaddle. That is just so cute.

But I got Espurr named All must die...

SpazticCat

On Christmas day I traded away a box of FS Eevees, holding Thunder, Fire, and Water stones, all nicknamed after dogs my family used to have. Some of them were even females with their HA. I got some starters (which I promptly bred and GTSed to fill out the set), a Feebas, and a jolly Chatot named Xmas Caroler. I've also gotten a Dunsparce named DESTROYER...

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
I recently managed to get Wonder Trade working so I've been using it a lot in the past few days and I've gotten some pretty good trades, I've had a few starters which I've kept and bred, mainly because they had nicknames or foreign names and then traded off the original. I have had some bad trades, I've had four Fletchlings, a few Pidgeys and other such things like that. I don't trade them off, I keep them and release them. I cycle Pokemon around until I get one I want to keep and then catch another Pokemon and start the cycle again. It's a lot of fun really, seeing what I get. Also one thing I've noticed, and I don't mean to offend anyone, is that I get common mons mainly from Americans. I'm trying to collect all the starters which is going well and fill up my Pokedex by cycling them around. I don't trade out ultra rare Pokemon, I'm terrible at finding them but I like to think I give out decent Pokemon. I also get a lot of Eevees but I only kept two, a male and female and sent the others off on their merry way. It's a lot of fun and I've used it to replace the different sort of gambling things from other games, I find it to be a healthier alternative to the real thing.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
For whatever reason, I keep getting a lot of Charmander over wonder trade. I have gotten none of the other Kanto starters. This happening to anyone else?

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I got a Mewtwo for Wonder Trading a Fletchling that I got also in Wonder Trading.

For whatever reason, I keep getting a lot of Charmander over wonder trade. I have gotten none of the other Kanto starters. This happening to anyone else?

You're not alone.

KillerDraco

I got a Mewtwo for Wonder Trading a Fletchling that I got also in Wonder Trading.

Join the club. Got a Mewtwo, although it's nature was pretty crappy (Impish). It was still a surprise though.

Got a Cyndaquil and Totodile from WT about a week ago, and after breeding them and putting the offspring into the GTS, I was able to get pretty much every other breedable PokeBank exclusive Pokemon. And it all started with a WT.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Out of all Pokemon, Eevee is the most COMMON thing I ever gotten. Not to mention sometimes I WT Torchic and get back Torchic or Charmander get back Charmander. W.T.F. ?! o_O nya~

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Ok, bit of a story. I was starting to get my first IV bred pokemon of my own. I was breeding for a gastly. Yet I began having trouble after I got a single 3 IV female. So I stopped the project after about 2 boxes full. Then, about a week later, during the beginning of December, I was doing a few wonder trades and ended up getting a 4IV gastly from someone. I was REALLY happy. I immediantly went back to breeding after that, and now I have a 5IV Gengar on my team. Thank you whoever gave me that gastly.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Some of the best things I've gotten are a Shiny Gyarados with 31IVs in ATK, a flawless Japanese Squirtle with Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse, a Japanese Ditto with 2 perfect IVs and Pokérus, a Tyrunt with all three elemental fangs, and a DW Chimchar with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fake Out.

Wonder Trade also helped a lot with filling my Pokédex with version exclusives, rarer Pokémon, etc. What I usually did was IV breed and send them off. Don't worry guys, I didn't send any of the Magikarp I bred :p

I also like to wait until night time in my area to Wonder Trade. That way it's around the afternoon in Japan and I can get some interesting things to MM with possibly good IVs

Ajduk

yes, my evil plan is working!!!
I've traded 600 of them so far :p
I was breeding for a shiny one xD

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I got a Chimchar with Iron Fist on the 27th, sometime after I found out about the Bank delay.

That seriously brightened up my evening. Didn't even care about the Careful Nature xD So I bred a couple more and sent them off on that same day in good spirits.

Still playing with the original. He's my go-to Infernape now :3

dedeibm

I got a 5iv electrike with egg moves yesterday =D also two foreign dittos, johto starters and a treecko! I've been giving out 4iv drilburs named Applause lol

Maedar

Banned

I would assume that Charmander is the most popular choice when Prof. Sycamore gives you one of the starters, players are Save Scumming to get a female from him, and then trying to breed it later, giving away the IV rejects. That probably accounts for the abundance of them on Wonder Trade.

Let's face it, folks, Wonder Trade is a heck of a lot better than just throwing them away, because at least there's a chance you'll get something for your troubles.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I don't think I have ever gotten ANYTHING good from the wonder-trade, I have traded hidden abilities, lvl 50-60s and loads of starters including hoenn ones. And what do I get back? Dodgy named pidgies, Eevees, AND THE BLASTED 3 ELEMENTAL MONKIES! (I hate that they are so common in this game when I spent about an hour getting them in Black and white through shaking grass) I sometimes get decent Mawiles with good moves, but rarely. But hey, it gives me Pokemiles I can use to buy rare candies.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
I got a 4IV Female Protean Froakie, which made me really happy since I'd been looking for one. Got a 5iv Pinsir with egg moves, 4iv adamant Charmander with Flare Blitz/Dragon Dance and a 5iv Adamant Bisharp with Defiant. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.