• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maedar

Banned
I don't think I have ever gotten ANYTHING good from the wonder-trade, I have traded hidden abilities, lvl 50-60s and loads of starters including hoenn ones. And what do I get back? Dodgy named pidgies, Eevees, AND THE BLASTED 3 ELEMENTAL MONKIES! (I hate that they are so common in this game when I spent about an hour getting them in Black and white through shaking grass) I sometimes get decent Mawiles with good moves, but rarely. But hey, it gives me Pokemiles I can use to buy rare candies.

I know, some previously rare Mons are common now, while other Mons that you couldn't swing a stick without hitting in some places are rare. Take Woobat, for example. It took me forever to find one that didn't have Klutz, seeing as I had to depend on the Cave Shadow things.

Then there's Magikarp. This may well be the only game where a Gyarados is easier to find in the wild than a Magikarp. (Really! Magikarp are only found in certain bodies of water and you can only fish for them with the Old Rod, but once you upgrade to the Good Rod, Gyarados are everywhere. It gets annoying.) Maybe the reason is, even rookie players know what you can do with the "seemingly powerless" Magikarp at this point, and want to find one as soon as possible. (Especially since a Gyarados can murder your opponent in a Sky Battle.)

zozo

SLIMED!
I've gotten quite a few nice things from Wonder Trading. But then, I do it a LOT. Some of my favourites have been a 5IV Bulletproof Chespin, Solar Power Charmander (and I agree, charmander is by far the most common starter to get over wonder trade, followed by Froakie. Chespin and Fennikin are next and I never see Squirtle or Bulbasaur. Though I did get a Mudkip once.), Protean Froakie, a bunch of random high IV'd/eggmove Pokemon (people's breeding leftovers, like that 4IV Larvitar with Pursuit, Dragon Dance, and Outrage, and the Tyrunt with 3 Fang moves), Pokerus Pokemon, and some Pokemon with really good nicknames (PottedUnknown the Sigilyph and Wings the Pidgeotto stand out, mostly because the first one made me laugh and the second reminded me of a Pidgeotto I had on LeafGreen).

Of course, I've gotten some crappy things too. People who nickname Pokemon just to mess around with the censor, for instance. And all those friggin Bunnelbys. I. Hate. Bunnelby. It is by far the most common thing I get, followed closely by Pidgey. I don't mind getting Scatterbugs, even though it's exactly the same thing going on (someone at the beginning of the game just trying to get a bunch of trade fodder), because at least you can evolve the Scatterbug and possibly add to your Vivillon pattern collection. But Bunnelby... ugly AND useless. Bleh. (no offense to Bunnelby fans, I just personally don't like them at all.)

All in all, I LOVE Wonder Trade. I've never gotten anything amazing from it (I know someone who actually got a shiny over it. Lucky so-and-so), but I have gotten lots of really good, useful Pokemon from it. And it's great that I'm able to share my breeding leftovers with people rather than throw away a bunch of potentially useful Pokemon that just don't quite fit what I want them to do.

Maedar

Banned
Lol. You know, I got a Bunnelby early on, started using it for its Pickup ability, and Cut, and Rock Smash, and... I dunno, I've kinda gotten attached to it by now...

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I just got a 5IV Modest Torrent Squirtle with Dragon Pulse and Yawn on Wonder Trade.

I feel like I cheated the person out of it as I was Wonder Trading ordinary Chikoritas and although this was for a female one I still feel like it was an unfair trade.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
on the 27th, I traded away some crap pokémon which I got for trading a box full of 5IV'd 4Egg Moves Timid Gastly's With Pokerus and rare candies, so for the crap pokémon I actually got a 6IV'd Jolly Terrakion. Which I put up for trade and got a Jirachi back for it.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Not really a perfect iv breeder kind of guy but like to be generous with my wonder trades and not just give away crap mons. Biggest score was definitely the random salamence I got :)

Wyrmeon

Cool Trainer
My little brother wonder traded my regigigas when I was showing him how wonder trade worked, I got a Chespin back.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I would assume that Charmander is the most popular choice when Prof. Sycamore gives you one of the starters, players are Save Scumming to get a female from him, and then trying to breed it later, giving away the IV rejects. That probably accounts for the abundance of them on Wonder Trade.

I suppose so. Maybe I should start breeding my Venusaur and get some more Bulbasaur out there.

Missingno.Fan

I got a Spanish Kirlia with Pokerus. I then started infected 'mons I didn't care about to trade them off for other people.

I also got a Phione with a Japanese nickname.

Last edited:

Cashtrion

Just A Breeder
I hope no one posts the opposite of my story...

I was Wonder Trading at a friends house as they both played Lego Marvel on the WiiU.
I kept on getting Froakies, and it started to piss me off, so I started saying, "A Froakie, thats what everyone wants for Christmas," everytime I got one.
Well, I traded the Froakies away and it got to the point where I was just subcounsciouly pressing A.
And then I noticed that I was searching for a partner... with a Shiny Onix as my trade.
I turned my 3DS off as fast as I could, and thankfully, it did not trade.

So to whoever lost an Onix, thank you, thats what everyone wants for Christmas.

Rainpurge

So far I've managed to get a shiny skrelp and almost every starter off of wonder trade (Just Turtwig and Piplup to go). I've also obtained Phione.

I'd feel bad that I keep getting these starters and even phione if it weren't for the fact I've obtained multiples of almost all of them.

Ajduk

I just got a Latios with WORST IV spread ever.
Besides 31 IV spa, all other IV scores are godawful(according to judge) xD

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
I hav nearly 2 boxes full of 4-6 iv pokemon and a good 3/4 of it are from wonder trade. Some noteworthy ones were 4iv totodile, gastly, female protean froakie, 4 honedges, and a female snivy

Thefourelements

I don't know if it's just me ,but ever since poke bank came out whenever I get jap players I get pikas and early pokes u get in the game. The good stuff comes from outside them. Anyway I got another pikachu and though oh great another one, but when I checked it the pika was carrying a ultra ball. I don't know who did it but it made that seemly bad trade awesome.

hen da man

The man...
Last night I was wonder trading away my leftover Larvesta's from an MM hunt and I got 3 Honedge's in 4 trades and every time I got one the person mentioned having a shiny or shinies and I'd get a Honedge. Funny coincidence :p

shadowF

I don't know if it's just me ,but ever since poke bank came out whenever I get jap players I get pikas and early pokes u get in the game. The good stuff comes from outside them. Anyway I got another pikachu and though oh great another one, but when I checked it the pika was carrying a ultra ball. I don't know who did it but it made that seemly bad trade awesome.

Same thing I also find it very weird as well.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
To complete my Vivillon collection, I needed to get a Jungle one. Figures out that the one time I use wonder trade was a guy from Singapore.. and he traded me his regional scatterbug.

Other than that, I've gotten a 5IV Paras and other 5 IV pokemon, but I just can't name them off the top of my head.

On Christmas, I traded 3 boxes of 5 IV Naive Sheer Force Bagons with the egg moves of Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, and Dragon Rush. It'll be pretty cool if someone on the forums read this and has one...

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Have to update cuz apparently I got an eevee female with hidden ability! Just made it a Sylveon with pixilate tonight :)

Monek_OP

bernie2016
On Christmas, I got on Wonder Trade a beautiful thing: a 5IV Sheer Force Bagon with Hydro Pump!

'Twas awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.