• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralititan

I've gotten a few HA pokemon and an extremespeed Dratini.

I also got a Treeko just when the pokebank came out in Japan. So I was able to breed that one and obtain all the unobs (that weren't legends)

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
My best was an Yveltal. I was like "why would somebody just trade away a legendary pokemon for a random pokemon?" Then I remembered that cloning is a thing.

yestolgia

My best was an Yveltal. I was like "why would somebody just trade away a legendary pokemon for a random pokemon?" Then I remembered that cloning is a thing.

The fact that you have to catch Xerneas/Yveltal in the game to progress means everyone playing the game has one, and makes them pretty much worthless (rarity/trading wise). I doubt it was cloned.

Anyway, I'm releasing a bunch of Pokemon to make room for eggs (Going to try and MM a shiny Vulpix) and decided I'll wonder trade away some of the more valuable Pokemon I have. You know, some fully evolved Pokemon, Pokemon you can't get in the game, ones with egg moves. Third wonder trade in I do a double take at the person's message: "Wondertrading ★s" sure enough, I trade her Clawitzer, and I get a Shiny Eevee! I stopped trading her for a moment to give her a "Nice!"

Last edited:

Rafa014

I never gave much thought to WT until today.

I was so happy to get a Tirtouga (which I thought couldn't be obtainable in X/Y, nb me) that I started breeding and trading a lot of those. Best trade by far was a Totodile.

When I was done I entered my box to release all the bad trades just to find out that a Pidgey that I got had pokerus.

Then all the frenetic happy WT trading started again. Been trading Totodiles with pokerus ever since. And all the lame pokemon that I get I just infect them with pokerus and send them back into WT.

I know it's kind of noob, but I never got pokerus before and I loved the feeling so much that I can't stop sending those trying to reach people that also never had it. lol

eiger

Shiny Hunter
I had a 6IV Kyurem through wonder trade :D.
I don't want any legendary I didnt captured myself, so I traded that one away for 3 5IV'ed pokémon with HA & egg moves.
Good day

The best I got was a female Froakie.
My brother got a German ;004;.

Scizor Me

i got a shiny kyurem named billy mays on wondertrade.

Hahaha that name made me laugh. That's an awesome get.

I've gotten a few decent things in amongst a plethora of Froakie, Charmander and Ghastly. I've gotten a Dragon Dance Charmander which isn't too bad, a few HA Ditto's and a Swalot with Pokerus so I'm not mad. You get a lot of rubbish but then you get a gem to make it all worth it.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
I wonder traded a Rufflet and got a Vullaby in return.

Otherwise, I do enjoy getting Scatterbugs, because I tested out evolving some- And they came in the different patterns. Of course, I'm currently working on getting a shiny Buneary through millions of eggs, and using what I get in return for the little Miley Cyrus's to fill my Pokedex with various Trainer IDs.

PaperProphet

I landed a Groudon, which seriously through me through a loop. I ended up trading further with this person, and wound up getting a legit Deoxy and Jirachi. Best wonder trade ever XD

I got a 6IV HA Japanese Ditto from wondertrade, it was at the start of the game so I only had crap to send them. I suppose I'm trying to make up for it though, sending Freeze Dry Lapras and Grassy Terrain Bulbasaur out there.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Got an Adamant Magikarp with Ivs and foreign too...a good father for Masuda Method ^^

Goten21

I got a 6IV HA Japanese Ditto from wondertrade, it was at the start of the game so I only had crap to send them. I suppose I'm trying to make up for it though, sending Freeze Dry Lapras and Grassy Terrain Bulbasaur out there.

WOW! That's some luck right there! I got a froakie with it's hidden ability, Japanese... That's basically it, though :p

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well i just got my second wonder trade shiny. Unfortunetly its pidgeot. Sadly (its worse i guess) its timid. Funny part about it is its nickname. Its called BirdJesus. Not sure why someone would name it that. Haven't checked its ivs yet. If its good I could use it but would probably have to run choice specs on it or something. Or just breed with it.

yestolgia

well i just got my second wonder trade shiny. Unfortunetly its pidgeot. Sadly (its worse i guess) its timid. Funny part about it is its nickname. Its called BirdJesus. Not sure why someone would name it that. Haven't checked its ivs yet. If its good I could use it but would probably have to run choice specs on it or something. Or just breed with it.

Three words: Twitch Plays Pokemon

I got something similar, a Flareon named FalseProphet, and had to look up the reference.

Last night was my 1st night wonder trading. I got awesome stuff every time :). I would load up 6 that were extra from breeding and kept swapping out 6 for 6 I got so many keepers/ other things to breed.

Jacci94

I usually just get my things back... Never really got snything good before but I've given away some nice Pokemon and some had egg moves. Hoping I can get luck in future wonder trade...

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
While I know it's all random and luck, I believe in karma and like to believe that plays in. Try giving away a good Pokemon or two, even just a Pokemon with an Egg Move. People see others being generous like that and they try to be generous too. ;)

I've given away the fully evolved forms of the psuedo-legendaries, a couple legendaries and shinies, and some Pokemon you can't get in the game, not even the friend safari. And look at what I got a few posts up. :D

So I put this theory to the test today. Wonder traded an extra Groudon I had to see what I would get. I ended up getting a Bibarel. Congrats to whoever got my extra Groudon.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I wonder traded a Lonely Scatterbug once, only to get another Lonely Scatterbug in return. Same gender, even. I think it was the same level too...xD

That gave me a good laugh, so I went ahead and decided to train it as my own. Turned out getting one of my favorite Vivillon (Monsoon), and I've had a few good matches with him too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.