• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-sayrie-x

I just got a Lv. 100 Modest German Palkia over the WT. I have some pretty great luck sometimes.

geag-a

100% yuri
Just a moment ago I received a shiny Nidoran ♂, along with a Helioptile holding an Ability Capsule within the same batch of Dratini I traded. Considering i've mostly gotten some good iv pokemon, I was pretty shocked to see two rare things at once!! 'o')

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I was really lucky this morning. I got a Panpour with Torrent and my first Shiny over Wonder Trade: A Golduck.

Krene

A few months ago, I got a shiny lv 100 Vullaby, which was pretty weird. I forgot what I traded in return, though. On the same day or a day later, I got a lv 100 shiny Lopunny. Again, I forgot what I traded it for. I eventually gave them both to a friend of mine.c:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Sent out 70+ IV trained Litwicks, got absolutely nothing in return, a severely ill named Trevenant... nothing else of interest what-so-ever... I really have no luck when it comes to WT. Oh well! Hope people enjoyed those Litwicks in Luxury balls. =D

Shiny Rokon

I have had mixed results from wonder trade & I love using it. Question. I just received a shiny luxio on it & was wondering if it's real, I saw some posts of other people receiving shinys so I'm more hopeful. It's caught with an ultra ball, male Lv.30 japan. Hp 82 atk 58 def 38 spatk 50 spdef 37 speed 46 nature bold, ability intimidate, no item ID 37516 ability intimidate. Date met 11/19/2013 friend safari Lv met 30 mischievous do u need to know anything else?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I have had mixed results from wonder trade & I love using it. Question. I just received a shiny luxio on it & was wondering if it's real, I saw some posts of other people receiving shinys so I'm more hopeful. It's caught with an ultra ball, male Lv.30 japan. Hp 82 atk 58 def 38 spatk 50 spdef 37 speed 46 nature bold, ability intimidate, no item ID 37516 ability intimidate. Date met 11/19/2013 friend safari Lv met 30 mischievous do u need to know anything else?

Go talk to the girl outside Anistar city, the Memory Checker girl, if she tells you "This pokemon doesn't seem to remember" it's likely hacked. If it tells you "it was caught/hatched, blah blah, yadda yadda" then it's legit.

TheGreaterLucario

The other day, I got my second Shiny off of Wonder Trade: A Shiny Stunfisk (Japanese, too). I have no worries about this one's legitimacy- who would hack for a Shiny STUNFISK?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I once got a Suicune but it looked hacked cause it was from Jhoto and it's name wasn't all in caps. Am I right or does the pokebank change these. It could be nicknamed too but who knows...

Thane64

N7 Operative
I once got a Suicune but it looked hacked cause it was from Jhoto and it's name wasn't all in caps. Am I right or does the pokebank change these. It could be nicknamed too but who knows...

I read somewhere that Pokebank changes any all capital names (as long as it's not a nickname)

Vriska Serket

Clemont FTW
Got a shiny Turtwig the other day from Wonder Trade. Love it. =O Also got a Charmander named Mistake and it's nature was lonely and I instantly felt sorry for it. D:

Ѕhiny Missingno

I got a Regirock once from the WT but that's the only truly special thing I've gotten. There have been plenty of good IV:d pokés I've gotten, though.

Fatalshock

Got a Ghastly. Can't complain, needed one, but still... reading some of these...

Ptonox

Unknown Undetermined Unquantified Entity
Go talk to the girl outside Anistar city, the Memory Checker girl, if she tells you "This pokemon doesn't seem to remember" it's likely hacked. If it tells you "it was caught/hatched, blah blah, yadda yadda" then it's legit.

I think that girl in anistar says that to any pokemon brought from past games. Not sure if it has any implications on authenticity, but she always says that to my old pokemon from past games (which as i've gotten them myself, know they are all legit)

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Got a level 1 Trevenant from the Wonder Trade today.

...Never have I released a Pokemon so quickly before. But obvious hacked Pokemon is obvious.

Why is that hacked? it evolves by trading. Breed it normaly, it's lvl 1, trade it away, it evolves. Lvl 1 Trevenant.

I think that girl in anistar says that to any pokemon brought from past games. Not sure if it has any implications on authenticity, but she always says that to my old pokemon from past games (which as i've gotten them myself, know they are all legit)
It doesn't, I've had it tell me that other trainers have caught/hatched it from previous games as well. It only tells me that to things like the Torchic with Speed Boost, because it was handed to me, neither caught nor bred.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just around half an hour ago, I sent a Pansage away.....and received a Simisage.

WT can be hilarious sometimes :p

lazybelly

I really like Wonder Trade. I've completed my Pokedex and am not a competitor, so it gives me something to do.

I tend to trade a whole box at time. I started by breeding Pokemon not from X/Y or cute babies like Munchlax or Bonsly, but now I've been sending off Pokemon in bank balls I like. The returns have been a bit of a mixed bag - a lot of Fletchlings and Bunnelbys, but I've received every generation's starter Pokemon, which is pretty neat. I've also received a couple of shinies (Sudowoodo and Azumarril) and even a few legendaries (Mewtwo and a Spanish Zygarde).

For the most part, I think it's a lot of fun and it's neat to see people from all over the world playing the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.