• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urrnge

A Dandy Guy in Space
I got a shiny Chikorita from wonder trade not to long ago for a Snivy. So that was pretty cool. I also got a Misdreavus, which made me super happy since that's one of my favorite Pokemon.

sucer

I got my first pokemon with pokerus from WT

Lil H

Just a few days ago, I won a masterball from the lotto thingy thanks to a pichu i got from wonder trade months before. :D

Don't know anything about IV's so I probably have traded some 5IV Pokemon back on Wonder Trade because if it's a really common one (like a Froakie or Charmander or something) I will trade it right back, unless it has an Item I want. For example I got a Litleo with a Master Ball, of course it was a low level Litleo and after removing the Master Ball I sent it back to Wonder Trade, got ANOTHER Charmander for it, but since I don't know what the purpose of IV's are, I don't go to the judge that's supposed to tell you your IV's or whatever he does (I know he's in a Pokecenter somewhere, but don't know which). Should I look forward to a high IV Poke, even though I don't know what that is? Or should I just not worry and trade back the Pokemon if it isn't one I want, a cool looking one or one I need to fill my Pokedex?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Don't know anything about IV's so I probably have traded some 5IV Pokemon back on Wonder Trade because if it's a really common one (like a Froakie or Charmander or something) I will trade it right back, unless it has an Item I want. For example I got a Litleo with a Master Ball, of course it was a low level Litleo and after removing the Master Ball I sent it back to Wonder Trade, got ANOTHER Charmander for it, but since I don't know what the purpose of IV's are, I don't go to the judge that's supposed to tell you your IV's or whatever he does (I know he's in a Pokecenter somewhere, but don't know which). Should I look forward to a high IV Poke, even though I don't know what that is? Or should I just not worry and trade back the Pokemon if it isn't one I want, a cool looking one or one I need to fill my Pokedex?

The judge is in the Kiloude Pokémon Center. I won't go in full detail, but essentially, IVs are hidden values of each stat, that will add to the value of the stat of the pokémon. There are plenty of guides on the internet that can explain them better than I. If you are not interested in competitive play, however, then IVs will hardly ever affect you.

As for wonder trade, I just got a shiny Foongus off it! I love it, especially since I accidently ran from a shiny Amoongus in Gen V one time!

The judge is in the Kiloude Pokémon Center. I won't go in full detail, but essentially, IVs are hidden values of each stat, that will add to the value of the stat of the pokémon. There are plenty of guides on the internet that can explain them better than I. If you are not interested in competitive play, however, then IVs will hardly ever affect you.

As for wonder trade, I just got a shiny Foongus off it! I love it, especially since I accidently ran from a shiny Amoongus in Gen V one time!

I have yet to get a shiny from WT, though I have gotten a few (very few) good or cool (in my opinion) Pokes for my rare or as I said in my opinion cool or good Pokes, but it is very rare to get something good. As for competitive gaming, that's not for me, so I guess the IV thing doesn't matter for me. Though I do like battles, but I usually stick to the in game NPC battles rather than with real people other than my brother or friends.

Divine08

Poke Engineer
I got a shiny Gentle Piplup with 31 iv in everything but ATK. I was actually going to wonder trade it right back until I noticed it had the red star.

Blasting Toise

That Purrloin had nickname since it evolved and still has japanese name- kinda awkward to have pokemon with nickname you don't know :p

I have several shiny shinxes so if they are not all wanted for other shinies I may put one for wonder trade :p

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
That Purrloin had nickname since it evolved and still has japanese name- kinda awkward to have pokemon with nickname you don't know :p

I have several shiny shinxes so if they are not all wanted for other shinies I may put one for wonder trade :p

That would probably brighten someone's day; you should do it. I got a 4 IV Modest bellsprout with Weather Ball, it shall be bred with my friend ball one for pretty little babies.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I traded a hacked Level 5 Tornadus Theraine form and got a Doduo out of it. How in god's name did a hacked Tornadus make it into the game?

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I traded a hacked Level 5 Tornadus Theraine form and got a Doduo out of it. How in god's name did a hacked Tornadus make it into the game?

Pokebank isn't the best hack check since dozens of obvious hacked pokemon managed to bypass the system. I managed to get a hacked shiny Regigigas with a Cherish Ball from Wonder Trade once. Simply to put, I released the sucker. However, Tornadus, along with Thundurus and Landorus, can be level 5. They just have to be (correct me if I'm wrong) in a Dream Ball and they must have their Hidden Abilities.

Some surprising things I've gotten from Wonder Trade lately are: Zygarde, JPN HA ♀ Aerodactyl, JPN ♀ Dream Ball Eevee, and some other 4 Eggmove pokemon. I've been noticing more breeding rejects than Bunnelbys, Scatterbugs, Pidgeys, and Fletchlings than usual. However, most of these breeding rejects are Charmander, Eevee, Gastly, and Froakie. Can't go through 5 pokemon without running into either one of those mentioned.

AD95

So my first time trying Wonder Trade. Traded a Rayquaza from emerald lv70. I thought I would get another legend or a good pokemon for it, I got a Bagon... lv: 1

Darkella

Got a Xerneas and a shiny trevenant=3

Emmaespeon

I got a random scraggy that i was about to send back out but then i checked its moves and realized i could use it for my own breeding.

Hurray for useful things! Still nothing fancy though, oh well :)

I've been sending out icy snow & sandstorm vivs hoping to brighten up some viv collectors day :)

SpoinkyPearl

Got a Japanese Chansey in Dream Ball. I didn't even realize it was a Dream Ball since I've never seen one and I thought it was a Love Ball so I spared her anyway. It also has good Egg Moves (Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy are usually in classic Blissey sets) so maybe I'm going to breed it and send babies to Wonder Trade. It had Serene Grace though, but I like her anyway. First Pokémon in Dream Ball I've ever had since I had no possibility of using Dream World.

I don't do competitive and I don't usually know which Pokémon has which hidden ability, so I'm always surprised if I get a Pokémon with weird-sounding ability and go to check if it is hidden. I've got for example Speed Boost Venipede and Unburden Treecko with some awesome Egg Moves. Protean Froakies seem to goo round and round in WT so I guess people are trying to breed a shiny with that ability.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I recently sent out a Pumpkaboo from a recent hunt and what I got back was a Lvl. 100 shiny Dusclops with perfect IVs.

Hmmmm, I get the strange feeling that there's been some hacking going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.