• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Whenever a new Pokémon game comes out, the law of Equivalent Exchange is completely defied. Wonder Trade will probably be good again by Christmas.

I hope so. It's being spammed by Wurmple and Zigzagoon at the moment.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I know this question regards GTS but will I be able to get the majority of friend safari pkmn with timid 5IV 3em Vulpix? im doing some MM breeding for a shiny vulpix and 45 or so will be kept for GTS purposes athe remainder to be wonder traded.

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
I got a 2IV Shiny Aron from Wonder Trade some time ago. lol

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
Whenever a new Pokémon game comes out, the law of Equivalent Exchange is completely defied. Wonder Trade will probably be good again by Christmas.

I highly doubt it, if only because everyone who hasn't gotten it already (aside from those who haven't had their release yet) are probably hold outs for a Christmas present. So while everyone else will be trading their sparkling new breeding rejects from ORAS Pokemon they've abused their DexNav to get, there will also be a good deal of people looking to capitalize on that by trading stuff from the opening routes to accelerate their file.

Anyways apparently someone restarted their file already since I got a gen 6 caught Kyogre which was a nice surprise. Especially considering I've been avoiding WT for the most part until I build up a nice backlog of breeding rejects from Hoenn. Otherwise, I haven't really gotten anything too noteworthy.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
It's just that Wonder Trade is full of people who think that putting an earlyroute Pokémon up is funny... Or something. =P

kyle123

I've literally never gotten anything good from a Wondertrade, yet I can sit there for hours, living in the vain hope of getting something cool.

Yay, another Surskit! :) Urrgh

Melloyu

Well, I have only got trash so far. But I am planning putting my Wishkmaker Jirachi on Wonder trade :)
Good karma equals good things happening to me @.@ I might get some nice things back for a change!

Edit: I just noticed you can't put special pokemon from the past on WT either ; - ; There goes my karma ; - ;!

Last edited:

slowdude

Traded away a full box of named pokemon, well not entirely true several legendaries were traded which i never nickname from my previous Y/Alpha Sapphire runs. A bunch of level 40-70 pokemon being traded for early route ORAS pokemon is amusing.

Athrun

The Innovator
On Alpha Sapphire, I did my first wonder trade before battling the first leader and I got a Voltorb.

In Y, I somehow got a Shiny Shelgon from Wonder Trade. Don't know what that guy was thinking....

Pink Harzard

So majestic
In Y, I somehow got a Shiny Shelgon from Wonder Trade. Don't know what that guy was thinking....

Some people do that when they don't like the IV spread of said shiny.

Well, a Hydro Pump Surskit isn't actually not bad. But other than that I haven't been lucky lately.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I decided to Wonder Trade some Egg Move Seedot from route 102 the other day.

Mostly i got wurmples, zigzagoons and wingull. One person however gave me a lvl 10 Heracross with Megahorn from X & Y

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
ORAS is now out in Europe! To celebrate the release here, I am throwing in some 5iv pokemon. 8 of these pokemon have been named as "Owl's PKMN X" x being a number from 1 to 8 and a few more spares with no names will be thrown in afterwards.

Be sure to start wonder trading at 15:00 GMT for your chance to get one of these pokemon.

EDIT: It's over now, I hope to whoever managed to claim my pokemon will be glad with what they received. Also, I got a tanglegrowth while wonder trading, not bad.

Last edited:

RightClick

Shiny Collector
I traded away a Honedge, and get back a level 100 bidoof. It was actually quite powerful.

RightClick

Shiny Collector
My friend decided to be kind and trade off his shiny, and lo and behold, he got a shiny charmander in return. What good people.

slowdude

Traded off two more boxes of old gen iv/v bad iv'd legendaries and old in game teams that just take up space. Got a couple of seemingly failed bred pokemon but mainly zigzagoons and wurples eh... Can't wait until the wondertrade recovers and i can do a wonderlocke of omega ruby.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I gave somebody one of my spare Bulbasaurs that my friend didn't want, and I got a level 100 Japanese Ledyba in return. I also traded something really terrible away (a Spewpa I think or a Zigzagoon) and got a shiny Garchompy which was pretty cool. I feel pretty bad when I send off low levels and the other person sends a high level in return.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
is anyone else having trouble with WT? for the last hour I've been trying to WT and it keeps coming up with 'unable to find a trade partner'...I've been non-stop trying for now over and hour :/

Status
Not open for further replies.