• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Just got a shiny level 1 Treecko! And it came with a master ball :D
Wait... it's probably hacked... you can't get Treecko in a Pokéball other than the standard one...

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So I decided to trade away a box of Charmanders I had bred in my hunt for a shiny one...

For fun, I'll post my entire haul:

Useless: Skitty, Magikarp, Remoraid, Swellow, Tentacruel, Pidgey, Oddish, Sandshrew, Simisage, Wurmple (x2), Zubat, Weedle, Geodude, Poochyena, Lotad, Fletchling, Marill, Rhyhorn, Voltorb, Delibird (In a love ball and named Santa, lol),

Usefull: Female Buneary (still need to check her IV's, to bad she is quiet), Horsea, Male Ralts (x3), Honedge (named sword), Oblivious Feebas,
Scatterbug (japanese, great time to find out if the wing pattern of vivillon is determined by where it evolves or where it was bred/caught),

Amazing: Squirtle (w. Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere), HA Treecko,

All in all, I am content, other than the two starters, nothing really stands out as overtly amazing, the Buneary will be useful for breeding projects if nothing else, Honedge is always useful as a false swiper when hunting specific pokemon, Feebas is, well, Feebas, and the Ralts are all useful (After all, they evolve into two amazing pokemon). I am really curious regarding the Scatterbug though... Time for science!

Of all these, only the Squirtle and Treecko will get moved from my X game to AS, the rest are meh, except possibly the buneary, depending on her IV's.

Edit: Science has been done, and I am incredibly confused.... The coloration is neither Elegant (Japanese exclusive coloration, Purple), nor Polar/Continental (Sweden where I live, Dark Blue/Orange), but rather it is Garden (Green, British Isles/Czech Republic/Poland/New Zealand). It is marked as Originating in Japan, but the OT is Santa Claus and it is named *Merry Xmas*. I am utterly confused by this. >.<

Last edited:

Tangeh

^scatterbugs evolve based on where the OT lives. A Japanese scatterbug (or any other language pokemon) is from somebody who has set their language to Japanese on their 3DS, not necessarily from somebody who lives in Japan. Might be hacked though based on that OT. xD Although I guess somebody could theoretically speak Japanese but live in New Zealand and want to name their character Santa Claus..? lol maybe they waited all year for this.

I've just bred 14 4/5IV timid eevee (some with HA) and I'm going to evolve them into glaceon, infect them with pokerus, and distribute them in the spirit of Christmas along with my leftover perfect 5IV pumpkaboo and 4/5IV sableye... which is kinda halloweeny but whatever. xD

EDIT: Here's what I got for over a box of 4/5IV correctly natured pokemon:

Junk (all wild-caught): Skitty x2 (one was nicknamed "Snuggles", at least <3), Wurmple x2 (one with pecha berry), Zubat x2, Shroomish x2, Bunnelby, Whismur x2, Magikarp, Foongus (with wild mushroom), Electrike, Zigzagoon, Spinda, Poochyena, Alomomola, Numel, Ralts, Plusle, Skiddo, Shelmet

Useless to me but still nice: Torchic (lax nature, blaze), Lanturn, Tirtouga, Naive Protean Froakie 3IV, Impish Onix perfect HP not marked, Timid charmander, Mantyke, Pidove, Korean naive 3IV ralts w/ destiny bond, memento, encore, shadow sneak; a taillow named "Potato", and a Wingull named "FlappyBird" (if you're gonna give useless stuff at least give 'em fun nicknames like this LOL)

Stuff I can use: Female adamant totodile with 5IV (missing attack though D: ) w/ aqua jet, ice punch, and dragon dance; JPN 5IV modest swablu (missing speed) w/ roost & hyper voice; JPN 4IV timid female burmy in a dream ball (missing HP and attack); SPA Modest Larvesta, unmarked but appears to have perfect HP. I'll check it later.

Honestly getting four good pokemon nowadays is not bad at all... and at least the junk is more varied thanks to ORAS lol.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
^scatterbugs evolve based on where the OT lives. A Japanese scatterbug (or any other language pokemon) is from somebody who has set their language to Japanese on their 3DS, not necessarily from somebody who lives in Japan. Might be hacked though based on that OT. xD Although I guess somebody could theoretically speak Japanese but live in New Zealand and want to name their character Santa Claus..? lol maybe they waited all year for this.

I've just bred 14 4/5IV timid eevee (some with HA) and I'm going to evolve them into glaceon, infect them with pokerus, and distribute them in the spirit of Christmas along with my leftover perfect 5IV pumpkaboo and 4/5IV sableye... which is kinda halloweeny but whatever. xD

EDIT: Here's what I got for over a box of 4/5IV correctly natured pokemon:

Junk (all wild-caught): Skitty x2 (one was nicknamed "Snuggles", at least <3), Wurmple x2 (one with pecha berry), Zubat x2, Shroomish x2, Bunnelby, Whismur x2, Magikarp, Foongus (with wild mushroom), Electrike, Zigzagoon, Spinda, Poochyena, Alomomola, Numel, Ralts, Plusle, Skiddo, Shelmet

Useless to me but still nice: Torchic (lax nature, blaze), Lanturn, Tirtouga, Naive Protean Froakie 3IV, Impish Onix perfect HP not marked, Timid charmander, Mantyke, Pidove, Korean naive 3IV ralts w/ destiny bond, memento, encore, shadow sneak; a taillow named "Potato", and a Wingull named "FlappyBird" (if you're gonna give useless stuff at least give 'em fun nicknames like this LOL)

Stuff I can use: Female adamant totodile with 5IV (missing attack though D: ) w/ aqua jet, ice punch, and dragon dance; JPN 5IV modest swablu (missing speed) w/ roost & hyper voice; JPN 4IV timid female burmy in a dream ball (missing HP and attack); SPA Modest Larvesta, unmarked but appears to have perfect HP. I'll check it later.

Honestly getting four good pokemon nowadays is not bad at all... and at least the junk is more varied thanks to ORAS lol.

It gets weirder, it also has the Vivillon's hidden ability. As for it being hidden, unlikely but possible. I tested putting it up on the GTS for a couple of minutes, and it went up with no problems.
A theory regarding it, that I settled on, is that someone decided to breed a bunch of scatterbugs with its HA ability and then distribute them on Wondertrade in the name of Xmas. With two 3DS systems, it's not that difficult to set up. Play a new game on one console until you get to the Daycare, transfer over a Vivillon, breed a bunch of eggs, hatch them, then distribute. It did have an egg move after all (Rage Powder). Both the OT and the Scatterbugs name seems to indicate this.

As for the other pokemon I got, I can honestly say that the HA Treecko made it all worth it alone, the rest was just icing on the cake, proverbally speaking of course. :)

Oh, and the Honedge had the most amazingly perfect name as well: Sword.

>.<

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I got my second shiny!! A golem! Now that cobalion I got has a friend...anyways, what's up with all the bred ralts? Are they really THAT popular? I understand all the froakies, charmanders, and honedges but why ralts? I was expecting stuff like bagon to be the next most bred thing...

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I sent over a shiny Ho-oh yesterday. I wonder where it is now...

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Was WT'ing away my Timid Ralts breedjects, to find a Jolly Meditite with Fake Out and Bullet Punch.
Great. Now I know what my next breeding project will be!

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I got my second shiny!! A golem! Now that cobalion I got has a friend...anyways, what's up with all the bred ralts? Are they really THAT popular? I understand all the froakies, charmanders, and honedges but why ralts? I was expecting stuff like bagon to be the next most bred thing...
The reason is that Gardevoir has become the most amazing Psychic type in the current games due to its new dual typing, and Dazzling Gleam. A Gardevoir with Psychic and Dazzling Gleam for stab, and two other moves to cover some of its weaknesses (say Hidden Power: Fire to deal with Steel Types), can sweep whole teams, doubly so if given a few stat ups via Baton Pass.

Heck, I nearly swept the Elite Four with mine, and that was without special training...

Spacial

procrastination
I've sent a few shines through Wonder Trade and most have ended up with Japanese people whose language I do not understand...

Best things I've gotten through Wonder Trade are when I was doing a Wonderlock the first Pokemon I got was an Xerneas named Satan, and also at a different time a lv 69 Yvetal.

I can't seem to get the really cool stuff, but I've managed to get a 4 IV HA Ralts and a few HA Froakies.

Sprinter1988

Well, it has taken hours, but my Christmas Wonder Trading is done.

30 Deerling, 30 Delibird, 30 Koffing, 30 Meowth, 30 Tyrogue and 23 Milotic all sent out to spread the joy!

(Note: it was meant to be 30 Milotic, but the berries weren't growing fast enough!)

It's odd how through trading all those pokemon I got 11 Charmander and 8 Squirtle, but not one single Bulbasaur!

XXD17

Draco rex
The reason is that Gardevoir has become the most amazing Psychic type in the current games due to its new dual typing, and Dazzling Gleam. A Gardevoir with Psychic and Dazzling Gleam for stab, and two other moves to cover some of its weaknesses (say Hidden Power: Fire to deal with Steel Types), can sweep whole teams, doubly so if given a few stat ups via Baton Pass.

Heck, I nearly swept the Elite Four with mine, and that was without special training...

Huh really? I thought it was because of mega gallade...I mean mega gardevoir is not bad...that pixilate hyper voice really can wreck (I'm curious, why do you run dazzling gleam? VGC?)...but it really doesn't stand up to mega metagross or mega salamence in terms of durability and I definitely don't see it as much in competitive...since most people breed for he sake of competitive, I thought there may be some causation for all the froakies, charmanders and honedges...but I guess I'm wrong lol

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So, I decided to trade away another box of Charmanders from X... Here is what I got:

Useless: Pidgey, Taillow, Cascoon, Wurmple, Kakuna, Magikarp, Rhyhorn, Surskit, Masquerain, Zigzagoon, Magnemite, Elektrike, Binacle, Zubat, Zubat, Whismur, Fletchinder, Zigzagoon, Slakoth, Wurmple, Pelipper, Gulpin,
Useful: Pansear, Cranidos, Male Ralts, Lillipup, Feebas,
Amazing: Marshtomp, Nincada (w. Pokerus!),
WTFBBQ: HA Shiny Sneasel (Holy fudgesicle!),

I can honestly say that todays haul was better than yesterdays. The HA Shiny Sneasel is officially the first Shiny I've managed to aquire in the 6th gen (I still haven't managed to MM a shiny Charmander). The Cranidos was a nice surprise, as in my experience Fossil Pokemon are rather rare on Wonder Trade, but unfortunately I managed to get the last fossil I was missing (Amaura) four days ago. The fire monkey does have its uses and is a fairly solid fire type. It is also needed for my completion of the National Dex in AS, so that's a bonus. Lillipup is a decent normal type that has a solid last evolution in Stoutland. My thoughts on Male Ralts are pretty standard, they are awesome as Gallades. Marshtomp was a nice surprise, as are all starters. This one will probably end up being used for breeding purposes as Shiny Mudkip is adorable. Nincada is useful in that both of its evolutions are very good, Ninjask with Speed Boost in particular is an amazing pokemon, the Pokerus is just a much welcomed bonus. Feebas, is, well, Feebas. On its own it isn't particularly useful, but evolved it is quite good. Sadly no Scatterbugs today. Oh well, still an amazing haul.

Seriously though, Shiny HA Sneasel! Woah, not what I expected to see.

I still have three boxes (and some) of Charmanders to give out, so it'll be fun to see what I get tomorrow.

I'm sorry, I'm still amazed at that Shiny HA Sneasel. Wow.

Huh really? I thought it was because of mega gallade...I mean mega gardevoir is not bad...that pixilate hyper voice really can wreck (I'm curious, why do you run dazzling gleam? VGC?)...but it really doesn't stand up to mega metagross or mega salamence in terms of durability and I definitely don't see it as much in competitive...since most people breed for he sake of competitive, I thought there may be some causation for all the froakies, charmanders and honedges...but I guess I'm wrong lol

Dazzling Gleam is an 80 power, 100 accuracy move that gets boosted by STAB, and hits *EVERY* pokemon on the opponents side without touching yours. That means it is rather amazing in double and triple battles.

Pixielate makes normal type moves into Fairy type moves and gives them a 30% boost beyond that, that gives a full power STAB'ed return a damage rating of 198,9, which is just below that of Explosion, except it hits any type of pokemon due to the Pixilate, and the Mega_Gardevoir doesn't faint when using it. Hyperbeam is even more powerful with Pixilate, with a damage rating of 292,5. But it suffers from a 90 Accuracy, and a one turn cooldown, making Return the better choice. If you manage to set it up with a Calm Mind or two (or even better Baton Pass into it), a Mega_Gardevoir can, and will Sweep almost everything, and due to its typing, it is a Hard counter to Mega_Gallade. A Mega_Gardevoir with Psychic, Return/Dazzling Gleam, Hidden Power: Ground (or fire), and Calm Mind is a force to reckoned with.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Decided to trade off an entire box of 5IV stantlers yesterday (seeing as it was xmas), nabbed 3 shiny deliberds holding master balls and a shiny greninja nicknamed "TrOll" with a flawless HP IV and 0Sp.Atk/Speed IVs.

XXD17

Draco rex
So, I decided to trade away another box of Charmanders from X... Here is what I got:

Useless: Pidgey, Taillow, Cascoon, Wurmple, Kakuna, Magikarp, Rhyhorn, Surskit, Masquerain, Zigzagoon, Magnemite, Elektrike, Binacle, Zubat, Zubat, Whismur, Fletchinder, Zigzagoon, Slakoth, Wurmple, Pelipper, Gulpin,
Useful: Pansear, Cranidos, Male Ralts, Lillipup, Feebas,
Amazing: Marshtomp, Nincada (w. Pokerus!),
WTFBBQ: HA Shiny Sneasel (Holy fudgesicle!),

I can honestly say that todays haul was better than yesterdays. The HA Shiny Sneasel is officially the first Shiny I've managed to aquire in the 6th gen (I still haven't managed to MM a shiny Charmander). The Cranidos was a nice surprise, as in my experience Fossil Pokemon are rather rare on Wonder Trade, but unfortunately I managed to get the last fossil I was missing (Amaura) four days ago. The fire monkey does have its uses and is a fairly solid fire type. It is also needed for my completion of the National Dex in AS, so that's a bonus. Lillipup is a decent normal type that has a solid last evolution in Stoutland. My thoughts on Male Ralts are pretty standard, they are awesome as Gallades. Marshtomp was a nice surprise, as are all starters. This one will probably end up being used for breeding purposes as Shiny Mudkip is adorable. Nincada is useful in that both of its evolutions are very good, Ninjask with Speed Boost in particular is an amazing pokemon, the Pokerus is just a much welcomed bonus. Feebas, is, well, Feebas. On its own it isn't particularly useful, but evolved it is quite good. Sadly no Scatterbugs today. Oh well, still an amazing haul.

Seriously though, Shiny HA Sneasel! Woah, not what I expected to see.

I still have three boxes (and some) of Charmanders to give out, so it'll be fun to see what I get tomorrow.

I'm sorry, I'm still amazed at that Shiny HA Sneasel. Wow.

Dazzling Gleam is an 80 power, 100 accuracy move that gets boosted by STAB, and hits *EVERY* pokemon on the opponents side without touching yours. That means it is rather amazing in double and triple battles.

Pixielate makes normal type moves into Fairy type moves and gives them a 30% boost beyond that, that gives a full power STAB'ed return a damage rating of 198,9, which is just below that of Explosion, except it hits any type of pokemon due to the Pixilate, and the Mega_Gardevoir doesn't faint when using it. Hyperbeam is even more powerful with Pixilate, with a damage rating of 292,5. But it suffers from a 90 Accuracy, and a one turn cooldown, making Return the better choice. If you manage to set it up with a Calm Mind or two (or even better Baton Pass into it), a Mega_Gardevoir can, and will Sweep almost everything, and due to its typing, it is a Hard counter to Mega_Gallade. A Mega_Gardevoir with Psychic, Return/Dazzling Gleam, Hidden Power: Ground (or fire), and Calm Mind is a force to reckoned with.

Doesn't hyper voice do the same thing with even more power? 90 BP with the pixilate boost and STAB gives it around 180 power I believe...perfect accuracy, no recharge, hits everything on the opposite side...and hits behind subs...so why use dazzling gleam?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Doesn't hyper voice do the same thing with even more power? 90 BP with the pixilate boost and STAB gives it around 180 power I believe...perfect accuracy, no recharge, hits everything on the opposite side...and hits behind subs...so why use dazzling gleam?

It does. The only reason you'd ever use dazzling gleam is if you were super afraid of people taking away gardevoir's ability. Also, off topic.

nahranej

A few days ago I got a shiny Nincada. Evolved it and voilá, two shinies for the price of one!

Status
Not open for further replies.