• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So, today I traded away the third box of Charmanders... These are the results:

Useless: Trapinch, Tentacool, Seedot, Tyrogue, Surskit, Surskit, Plusle, Poochyena, Poochyena, Magikarp, Beautifly, Volbeat, Linoone, Duskull, Marill, Audino, Dunsparce, Numel, Loudred, Spheal, Poochyena, Electrode, Staryu,

Useful: Zorua, Shinx, Pikachu, Ralts (Male), Growlithe,

Awesome: Dratini,

WTFMate?: LV.49 Amoonguss in a Master Ball.

Zorua evolves into a fairly decent pokemon, and I love its shiny form, as such it can be used for MM'ing a shiny if I should so chose. It does have an Egg move in the form of Sucker Punch, which is a plus.

I don't know what to think of the Amoonguss, it's from the Unova region, but it is in a Master Ball, and its stats don't add up unless it has been used (and thus has EV's), and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone in their right mind would hack Amoongus, but *it is in a Master Ball*... I am going to say it's a 50/50 chance that it is hacked, and as such I am going to release it immediately, I won't risk it, particularly not over a friggin Amoonguss. >.<

Shinx is a fairly solid electric type, and this one (a female) comes with two egg moves: Fire Fang and Ice Fang. This alone makes it useful for breeding purposes. This particular one will be used for MM'ing a shiny one.

Pikachu is *the* iconic electric type, this male specimen is nothing overtly special, and it's Lax nature leaves it lacking. Fortunately said nature doesn't harm the stats that *are* important for Pikachu: Speed, Sp. Atk, and Attack. This one has fairly high attack and speed, but not enough to really make it stand out.

Another Male Ralts, this one knows Destiny Bond, Encore, Skill Swap, and Shadow Sneak. Other than that, there isn't nothing special about it.

Growlithe is a very nice fire type, this one is a female and with no less than three Egg moves (and Roar): Crunch, Close Combat, and Flare Blitz. She is also French, and as such will be a great parent pokemon if I decided to MM for a Shiny Growlithe.

Dratini is the first evolutionary form of what is perhaps my favorite line of pseudo-legendaries. This Girl even comes with Dragon Rush as an egg move. Sadly no Marvel Scale, but no-one is perfect, but she comes pretty damn close. I think she may end up the mother of many a generation of future dragons. :)

All in all, an ok haul. I am most happy about the Dratini, but that Amoonguss scared the crap out of me. >.<

That reminds me of a (bad) joke:

Q: What is a Jawa's favorite pokemon?
A: Dratini!

(I told you it was bad) >.<

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I just got a porygon level 1 with conversion 2 tackle conversion and sharpen I dont know what to think of it.
Well, Porygon doesn't have any egg moves... (it might be from me...)

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I just got a porygon level 1 with conversion 2 tackle conversion and sharpen I dont know what to think of it.

I wouldn't worry: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/137.shtml

Check the first four moves on its move list.

------

Edit:
Might as well use this post rather than make a new one...

-----

Fourth box of Charmanders went out to Wonder Trade, this is what I got back:

Useless: Zigzagoon, Whismur, Dewgong, Tropius, Fearow, Plusel, Voltorb, Electrike, Zubat, Luvdisc, Pelipper, Lairon, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Tentacool, Luvdisc, Cottonee, Poochyena, Cascoon, Espurr, Gastly,

Useful: Misdreavus, Victreebel, Eevee, Swablu, Starly, Honedge, Elekid,

Amazing: Ralts, Gible,

Misdreavus is probably my favorite ghost type, probably because it was one of my first shinies way back in the third gen, it is a fairly solid ghost type on its own, and its evolution is pretty amazing as well. This particular one is male, Japanese, and comes with Spite, Destiny Bond, and Memento as egg moves.

Victreebel is pretty rediculous to get as it requires an evo-stone to evolve into. Not that I am complaining. It is only level 21 (lowest level it can be), and as such was obviously a Dex filler. Which is what I am going to use it for as well. It is female and Japanese, so if I want to MM a shiny Bellsprout, I have a pretty decent parent.

The Ralts line is one of my favorite pokemon families overall, has been since the third generation, and the recent addition of the Fairy typing to the game and it, has turned it from a solid alternative to the Abra line to a massive wrecking ball of a pokemon. This particular one, a lv.21 Japanese Female is perfect for one of my goals: Getting, by either encounters or breeding, a female shiny Ralts. It appears to have some decent IV's as well, but since it has been used in game (having a partially blue EXP line), I can't be sure. Still, I'm probably going to give it a Destiny Knot and stick it in one of the Daycares together with an appropriate male.

Gible is one of the pseudo-legendaries, and a very good one at that. Although its typing has a crippling weakness to ice, overall it only has three weaknesses, which is an advantage over flying dragons. This male specimen is Japanese (I am kinda seeing a pattern here, lol), and comes with Iron Tail and Outrage as egg moves and its Hidden Ability.

Eevee is always useful, this one is no exception.

Swablu turns into the decent dragon type Altaria, and as such is a solid flyer for any ingame team.

The Starly and its evolutions is one of the best, if not the best, three stage bird pokemon. And the line can carry you all the way through the elite four if you get it early enough. This particular German female specimen, comes with Astonish as an egg move, and Aerial Ace on top of that.

Honedge is, as I've mentioned before, an amazing pokemon. Particularly if you need a False Swiper. Although it has four weaknesses (fire, ground, ghost, and dark), it also has three immunities (normal, fighting, and poison), and a whole slew of resistances. Only water and electricity deals neutral damage to it. It also possesses a fairly decent movepool. I am currently using its evolution Duoblade as my teams primary False Swiper.

Elekid is a great electric type, or rather, its final evolution is a great electric type... Now I just need to find an electrizer...

Overall a decent haul. I still have a couple of boxes of Charmanders to go, and then it is time to breed more in my chase for the elusive Shiny. Not that I think I'm going to get one on X anytime soon, but I am already over 200 eggs in, and I am *not* giving up. Now it is just a question of what happens first: Shiny Charmander on X or the Shiny Charm on Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited:

Raingirl

I guess it threw me off seeing it as a level one with those moves and porygon isnt my first choice to use in battle it usually just stays in the box. No hard feelings against porygon it is probably good

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I guess it threw me off seeing it as a level one with those moves and porygon isnt my first choice to use in battle it usually just stays in the box. No hard feelings against porygon it is probably good

Someone has probably been breeding Porygon's to get one with Competitive stats, putting the rejects out on wonder trade. Wouldn't surprise me if it had at least a couple of IV 31's. It and it's evolutions are needed to get the Shiny Charm however, and Porygon-Z is one of the toughest non-legendary pokemon to get a hold of.

I just got a shiny Porygon with perfect Ivs that evolved into Porygon2. Excited but worried that it might be hacked. It has the pentagon shape and it was born in Lumiose City so yeah...

XXD17

Draco rex
I just got a shiny Porygon with perfect Ivs that evolved into Porygon2. Excited but worried that it might be hacked. It has the pentagon shape and it was born in Lumiose City so yeah...

You can breed porygon...and one of the most popular places to hatch eggs is in Lumiose City around around Prism tower...so I don't see any need to worry lol...unless it has crazy moves/ stats or something...

I know you can breed Porygon, I was just worried because it has perfect Ivs and a good nature. I would never get rid of something that great.

Rolacka

If youre going for a specific ability you could easily end up breeding a 6IV with wrong ability and trade it away.

I myself have been aiming for 5IV male hustle nidoran (missing attack) and had 6IV male wrong ability and 2 6IV female whilst aiming for it. I kept perfect breeding pair but spare 6 IV got wondertraded.

So to echo others, nothing to worry about.

XXD17

Draco rex
I know you can breed Porygon, I was just worried because it has perfect Ivs and a good nature. I would never get rid of something that great.

People do it all the time...getting perfect natures aren't hard if you have an everstone and getting at least 5 IV's isn't hard either if you already have a 6 IV ditto and a 6 IV version of that pokemon with a destiny knot...veteran breeders who already have these prerequisites will randomly breed their competitive 'mons with ditto and send them out periodically once every week...a good time to get these pokemon are on "Wonder trade Wednesdays". I know a lot of people (myself included) who breed a box of 5-6 IV and good nature mob's every week and do this...I've done 5 IV jolly sneasels with icicle crash and fake out named "Cold Claws", 5 IV adamant beldums named "Mecha Mind", and 5 IV bold bulbasaurs with giga drain named "Beef Root" among many others...and as soon as contrary serperior hits, I plan on breeding and sending out 30 5 IV timid contrary snivies with leaf storm named Regina or Reginald...I know that wonder trade is filled with crap like always but there are people who don't mind trading out good things just for the sake of trading out good things...

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
People do it all the time...getting perfect natures aren't hard if you have an everstone and getting at least 5 IV's isn't hard either if you already have a 6 IV ditto and a 6 IV version of that pokemon with a destiny knot...veteran breeders who already have these prerequisites will randomly breed their competitive 'mons with ditto and send them out periodically once every week...a good time to get these pokemon are on "Wonder trade Wednesdays". I know a lot of people (myself included) who breed a box of 5-6 IV and good nature mob's every week and do this...I've done 5 IV jolly sneasels with icicle crash and fake out named "Cold Claws", 5 IV adamant beldums named "Mecha Mind", and 5 IV bold bulbasaurs with giga drain named "Beef Root" among many others...and as soon as contrary serperior hits, I plan on breeding and sending out 30 5 IV timid contrary snivies with leaf storm named Regina or Reginald...I know that wonder trade is filled with crap like always but there are people who don't mind trading out good things just for the sake of trading out good things...
Which is the reason I keep doing wonder trade, and I'm pleasantly surprised very frequently. Like with the shiny Sneasel I mentioned previously.

Generally, if you do a lot of breeding, either because you want a specific nature, IV spread, gender, shiny, ability, ect. It is generally a nice gesture to send out your "rejects" on Wonder Trade. Heck, it's why I've been sending out a box of charmanders daily, and will continue to do so until I have no more to send out.

And speaking of Starters, I tend to see mostly Protean Froakies when I do get starters on Wonder Trade. Not a complaint, just an observation. :)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got a shiny Latios 0_o The craaaap?

Aside from the once in a long while amazing finds, I happened to get a Cyndaquil.

nahranej

Traded away a box of Pokémon. Alas, nothing too interesting in return. Plenty of Hoenn fodder. The best was probably a Volt Tackle Pikachu with PokéRus.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Another day, another box of Charmanders traded away. Here's what came back:

Useless: Zubat, Slakoth, Crawdaunt, Carvanha, Poochyena, Poochyena, Onix, Geodude, Male Ralts, Poochyena, Remoraid, Grimer, Gulpin, Whismur, Muk, Grimer, Plusle, Magnemite, Cottonee, Zigzagoon, Herdier,

Useful: Female Japanese Buneary, Female Japanese Heracross, HA Female Japanese Ralts, Feebas w. Mirror Coat, Eevee, Male Froakie, Zorua, Female Japanese Buneary, Japanese Rotom,

The Female Japanese Buneary, although not knowing any useful moves, will be great for breeding purposes. Buneary in itself is a very good normal type, which got even better after its evolution Lopunny got a mega form. One of my goals is to MM a shiny Buneary w. some good attacks. The second one even comes with Ice Punch as an egg move.

The Female Japanese Heracross is also a good pokemon, with an interesting type combination. This one, again, will likely be used to MM a shiny.

The HA Female Japanese Ralts, is definitely going to be used for breeding, mostly because I need a decent Gardevoire for double and triple battles.

A Feebas w. Mirror Coat is also quite useful, both for breeding, and for turning it into a Milotic for battling and contests.

Eevee is Eevee, nothing else to say really.

What prevents the Male Froakie from being amazing is the gender, the lack of HA ability, and/or its lack of egg moves. It is still a good pokemon however, and a strong water type, as are all water starters.

Zorua is actually one of my favorite pokemon, mostly because its shiny form is amazing. It is still a solid dark type with a unique ability.

The Rotom being a fairly difficult pokemon to aquire is a great find. Mostly due to its rarity, but also because it allows for a varied play style. That it is a Japanese one is a bonus, as it can be useful if I decide to try and breed forth a shiny one.

Not a great result today, but still a fair number of nice pokemon. Wonder Trade is always a gamble, so overall I can't complain with todays results.

I might trade away a second box of charmanders today, maybe not. If I do, I will be posting the results as always. :)

Srignan

I traded a 4 iv bulbasaur for a 5 iv french charmander with flare blitz. I also got a 5 iv slowpoke from one of my 5 iv bulbasaurs. So I am pretty happy with what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.