• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trade Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Received a Shiny Greninja with perfect stats, Shiny Milotic, A Cresselia, Shiny Garadoes, Shiny Wingull (yay?) and the icing on the cake was a Shiny German Seadra with perfect stats and Pokerus, that evolved into Kindra upon trade. It's been a great day!

Utopianopal

Time Crashes
I got this shiny Dialga holding Scared Ash and I still have It. I also got a Hoopa once and I was flipping out.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I was doing a ton of wonder trading to try and fill up my dex a bit, and someone sent a random shiny Phanpy, which was also holding an armor fossil. Tbh I was happy just getting the dex entry for Phanpy, but getting the armor fossil is an extra two dex entries. :)

Sprat1993

I got a shiny Zorua last night! Haven't check if it's hacked or not yet.

Was wonder trading a load of pawniard that I bred

Kenzuru

Haha I was randomly trading and this guy from Mexico gave me a level 100 charizard holding a master ball, I was like what the f***. Specially because I had just started with pokemon Y.

P14

I've gotten a shiny charizard and a couple legendaries through wonder trade, lmao. I've also cloned some of my shinies and sent them off to make someone else happy :p

AmethystLeslie

I participate in Wonder Trade Wednesday, and have been doing that for the past... year-ish. I always WT with Twitch streamers, and i attended TheKingNappy's Wonder Trade streams back when that was still a thing. Rarely a Wednesday goes by without me getting a shiny/legendary/Pokemon i find intriguing (It's to the point where I'm almost desensitized of shinies). My worst weeks give me one shiny.

I remember that Arceus event from a while back, that had a chance of giving you a shiny holding any plate. So the shiny hacked ones were rampant on WT, and I got a few. At some point, i was like, "ugh... ANOTHER shiny Arceus?" So one time, as soon as i got one, i traded it back out, and got a shiny Jirachi in return, so that was interesting.

EDIT: Just remembered another story. Back when I was a breeding noob, I was hatching Timburr (initially for Dex reasons, but i made a bunch), and I wanted to fight Zygarde and had the last egg on me, then it hatched in Terminus Cave. I was surprised on the timing, and named it AAAAAAAAH! or something. I escape roped outta there and I traded the Timburr away. The next 1 or 2 trades gave me back the same Timburr i hatched, and i was just staring in disbelief on what just happened. I then decided to evolve that Timburr into a Gurdurr, and traded it away to give someone a Conkeldurr. I wonder how it's doing these days.

Last edited:

Mordraake

I wonder how many trades you guys make to get all those gems?!

The only relevant trades I got was a female Turtwig and a Ducklett nicknamed Volcanion (i found that hilarious for some reasons..)

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Wow, you guys are lucky.

The best Pokémon I've gotten off Wonder Trade so far are a Mesprit called "MahSpirit", a shiny 5IV Plusle, and a shiny Watchog which I immediately traded away again because I was preparing to reset Y. I also Wonder Traded about half my Lv. 100 team around that time... I wonder how they're doing. Been a while since I thought about them.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Did a bunch of wonder trading today. I was catching a bunch of common Pokemon and totally wasn't expecting to get anything good. I wonder traded until I filled up an entire box.

When the box was almost filled, I ended up getting a Japanese Hoopa. I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I felt bad that all they got from me was a Smeargle...

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wonder Traded someone a shiny Panpour and got a Magikarp in return. Threw out the Magikarp to free up some space.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i recently was wonder trading some friend ball ralts and i got a shiny 6IV hacked gardevoir. its still a cool pkmn even though i like the non shiny one.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wonder Traded 120 Bulbasaurs last nigt, got a far starters and managed to get a shiny escavalier

Fitting for your effort in trying to get a new shiny you are rewarded a second in return

I got my first shiny Pokemon through wonder trade.
It was a Muk.
Plus, I once got a lvl 76 Sylveon, which I had been dying to get, and it's still on my team to this day.
Oh, and I've traded with AusLove.TV twice, gaining a shiny shiftry and shiny Scatterbug.

But the best was my Pokemon X wonderlocke team I ended up with.
Bred Gible.
Plusle (surprisingly OP, unfortunately first death).
Bred Mawile (which I then got a mega stone for from ORAS).
Rotom.
Torchic.
Magikarp (Gyarados b***h).
Forretress.
Amaura (for an Amaura lol).

Oh, how that wonderlocke was amazing.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Both of my Salamences arrived via Wonder Trade, one regular and one shiny with Pokerus. I'm really hoping the latter is legit :)

AmethystLeslie

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I used to Wonder Trade a lot and I would usually get quite a few shinies and legendaries on Wednesdays. I didn't really care if they were legit or hacked, but I liked to know if they were anyway. It was usually too obvious to me when they were event Pokemon (No ribbon on them) but for others I would check what the memory girl had to say. One time it was hilariously obvious because the memory girl said a Shiny Azurmarill was caught while soaring in the sky!
But they didn't always have to be shiny or legendary to stand out to me. Some examples I remember are a Clefable from either FireRed or LeafGreen, a level 100 Wurmple, the Lucario you receive in X and Y, and a Delcatty named Fancy.
Once when I was using two 3DSs to Wonder Trade, my Y and Alpha Sapphire games traded with each other. What are the odds of that? I also remember getting back one of my Pokemon before, but I forgot what one since I traded it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.