• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wonder Trades for the Holidays!

RandomPurple

I got a Rotom! I'm gonna breed those now! :D

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I'm kinda not going to use the breeding route for this, and I'm going to Wonder Trade one of my useless Dragonite and possibly a Gible with it as well.

What I'm planning for this WT event is to level-grind my Dragonite until it learns Outrage, then breed it onto a Gible. Afterwards, because I have a second Dragonair which I'm going to use for competitive battling, as soon as I have the perfect Gible, I'm going to get rid of the useless Dragonite by Wonder Trading it. Hopefully, I should be able to trade off that and the spare Gible that I caught on Route 13 by Christmas, effectively partaking in this event.

ebevan91

Dumping all of my breeding rejects off on Wonder Trade is liking taking that awful Christmas gift from 6 years ago, wrapping it up, and giving it to someone else.

RandomPurple

I sincerely hope that some of you guys get the things I'm trading out :) I'm glad that you're all participating! And I have a TON of Rotom now.

Snes91

I love this idea!I plan to breed some and toss some pokemon out on wonder trade on the 24 and 25...Think ill toss in some Bulbasaur's or some Swirlix's.

RandomPurple

Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I should send out? I'm almost out of ideas...

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
You could always grind the masion, get lots of items from there that would be of use to other trainers

RandomPurple

Maybe... Good idea, thanks!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I have extra Tyrunt from my shiny hunt. They don't hve dragon dance, but they have fire, ice, and thunder fang. This way too they'll already have one fossil pokemon, and get an amaura.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I will definitely be participating in this! I have TONS of Wish/Curse/Yawn Eevees that are begging to be given away. I also plan on breeding some of each of the starters (Kalos and Kanto), some Tyrunt and Amaura, and maybe some Swirlix and Spritzee. I also think it would be nice to give away some low-leveled Dragon Pokemon like Gible and Noibat that will be difficult for kids to get but really fun for them to use at the beginning of their journey. On Christmas, I actually look forward to getting tons of Flabebes and Caterpies and Fletchlings, because that's what kids will be trading away. It also might be nice to give them some Safari-only Pokemon, since most kids probably aren't going to be allowed to get on the Internet and talk to strangers and swap Friend Codes.

Also, you can know if you're trading with a kid if their avatar that comes up when you Wonder Trade isn't altered from the default. On Christmas Day, when kids are just starting the game, they won't have the money to change their appearance, as well as probably not being far enough into the game for at least a day or two on average. I'm so excited to make some kids' days!!!

Will probably send out some Adamant Larvitars and Marvel Scale Jolly Dratinis. They're the Pokemon I wanted most when I got the game. :p

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
This is a neat idea! I'm going to WT a few Starf Berries and Happy Hour Smeargles to a lucky select few. I wish I had 5 iv pkmn to spare, though.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
This sounds like an awesome thing to do, got a lot of breeding leftovers and i think i'll be sending over good IVed Eevees with elemental stones attached and left over pseudos, mainly Gibles, Dratinis, Deinos and Goomys, since i got lots of these.

Pretty sure kids would love pseudos and Eevees I just hope atleast one of them gets to a kid and puts a smile on their faces.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
This is a great idea! I'm currently breeding Scatterbugs using an "outstanding" Vivillon I got from my own Friend Safari and a Timid Spanish Vivillon I got in a trade. I'm planning to breed around 150 and then evolve them all into Modern Pattern Vivillons. I may even be able to trade away a shiny if I get lucky with the MM!

Edit: Also thinking of breeding some HA Vulpix once I'm done with the Scatterbugs. Might not go to 150 as I just realized how long that's going to take. :p

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
cool idea, I've got some Kanto starters with Egg moves and some Kalos starters with HA's so I'll get breeding for the holidays

Squeevee

夢に夢に夢見る
Hmm...I never even thought about this.

I've got boxes and boxes (and boxes...and boxes...) of Eevee trying to MM for a shiny one. No luck yet, so I might as well throw them all into the Wonder pool. Maybe I'll infect them with Pokèrus and tape evolutionary stones or rare candies to them, too.

I've gotten two boxes ready to WT. In them are:
5 Zygardes, 5 Froakies, 5 Fennekins, 5 Chespins, 5 Beldums, 5 Scythers (with Metal Coats), 5 Vaporeons, 5 Leafeons, 5 Glaceons, 5 Espeons, 5 Sylveons, and 5 Flareons.
Everything besides the Scythers is holding rare candies.

ebevan91

Honestly I find this whole idea stupid. I mean it's nice and all but I'm not gonna waste my time breeding things for people who may not want or need them. Half of these "kids" will probably never even wonder trade anyways.

I'll still wonder trade for Pokemiles but I'm not going out of my way to do something "special" for someone. What they get is what they get. Could be good, could be bad.

Last edited: