• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wondering about buying pokemon cards online

furball36

I'm a serious pokemon card collector. I'm trying to complete sets of pokemon cards. So I'm looking online at buying single pokemon cards. I'm worried about buying some and getting fake ones.

Where can I buy some single pokemon cards that will be genuine?
Anyone bought some cards before from a certain website?

I was looking at the site toywiz and I tried to look everywhere for reviews on the product but found nothing and that kind of worried me.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I buy singles from and recommend trollandtoad. I've never heard of anyone getting anything fake from them.

furball36

I will try this troll and toad. They seem to be pretty expensive looking at them now. the 'toywiz' site seemed cheaper, but maybe because they are fake. I don't know. I just don't want to take any chances on fake cards.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
toywiz and cool stuff inc are generally cheaper then toad n troll, (though I would tend to trust toad n troll and cool stuff inc "more so" just from doing business with them in the past, never a bad transaction). Though I also trust ebay and my large list of recommended shops which are cheaper then all of the above.

I agree singles are better, but it depends on sets, sometimes boxes are cheaper overall especially if your completing sets (phantom forces seems like a singles set, box pulls seemed terrible).

Last edited:

furball36

toywiz and cool stuff inc are generally cheaper then toad n troll, (though I would tend to trust toad n troll and cool stuff inc "more so" just from doing business with them in the past, never a bad transaction). Though I also trust ebay and my large list of recommended shops which are cheaper then all of the above.

I agree singles are better, but it depends on sets, sometimes boxes are cheaper overall especially if your completing sets (phantom forces seems like a singles set, box pulls seemed terrible).

All the prices seem pretty much the same now.

I got the singles because I thought if you get those sets in the box that they have a different symbol on the bottom of the card, you know the one that says what set its from. and if you get the box then all the cards have a symbol of what box they came from? I might not be explaining it too good but I'm trying to ask if they have different value. I thought they did.