• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution? (1025)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1025.jpg

Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution?

At the Pokémon school it was decided that the group will hold a PokéDance presentation where the Pokémon will participate in dances created by their trainers. All the trainers get in depth in making a dance that fits their Pokémon but when the day finally comes, Team Rocket appears and attacks, capturing all the Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. be able to get them back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
A repeat again....., aka., Steenee evolves to Tsareena while facing TR (just like it did when it evolved from Bounsweet).

And "Certain-kill Mokushoot" was used randomly again at the end.

p96822

Evolve me please
Well it was Team Rocket's fault for telling Ash and the other about the cage weak point

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Just as we thought, Steenee evolved. The episode was really ehhh... very boring and basic. And Tsareena is the same as she was like her previous evolutions. How she evolved was kind of stupid but her evolution sequence was really beautiful. I also enjoyed the performances we saw.

Slapstick-Olivia

The episode was sadly very boring and predictable. Which is sad if you think about it, because was the first real episode where Mallow was the centre of focus. This fact makes the episode even worst for me, because it really shows me, that Mallow is in general a character that no writer really knows how to handle correctly.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The dancing parts weren't too interesting, so I wished that they started doing some of that in the first half. Team Rocket were their usual self when everyone and every Pokémon got captured in the cages except for Steenee. The only real highlights were James crossdressing and Steenee's evolution, which was just beautiful like the previous one.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The evolution was really abrupt and didn't pack any significance or meaning other than pounding 2 cages. And Certain Kill Mokushoot wasn't randomly used. That was Mallow and Tsareena's performance.

Poor Mallow getting only uneventful episodes. Her brother's debut and Bounsweet's evolution episode were her best ones. :(

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
The moral we can all take from this episode?

Beware of flying basketball hoops, and when all else fails, put your foot down, literally.

And I guess I should add "Don't tell your enemy how to disable your own trap." onto that list, but that should just be common sense.

Mad respect to Lillie's Vulpix for the ice skating performance and briefly reminding us all of the ice floor episode from Tom & Jerry.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And no after credit scene.

...but there was. And they always do movie promo post-episode segments in late July and August, you should've known that's what was going to be there.

Old woman from the marketplace is named Moani, apparently.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's nice to see the recurring old lady get some focus that isn't related to Torracat, and a name to boot. I was under the impression she had no Pokemon.

Steenee's evolution was a blatant magical girl reference, especially that hair flip part. Though I can't remember exactly which one. I want to say Sailor Moon?

Team Rocket could have call Mareanie and Mimikyu to stop Steenee from stomping out the cage.
The cages were going to get broken regardless.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah, this episode was quite predictable, the most predictable thing being the manner of Steenee's evolution, happening predictably during when Ash and co. were in a crazy jam due to the Trio's doing, with Tsareena's plot-powered evolutionary boost saving the day for Ash and co. with ease. So that glow in the preview was indeed from Stomp with then led to Steenee. The moves Steenee learned via evolution, a.k.a., Stomp and Top Kick, were also predictable. Oh yeah, poor Ash in the end...:( Has to face the wrath of Rowlet's super charged Peck attack thanks to Tsareena's increased power. :p The performances the classmates in the dance competition were...OK, though Kiawe flopping both during the practice and the competition was sort of hilarious.

Overall, a decent episode, though nothing special. 6/10.

p96822

Evolve me please
It's nice to see the recurring old lady get some focus that isn't related to Torracat, and a name to boot. I was under the impression she had no Pokemon.

Steenee's evolution was a blatant magical girl reference, especially that hair flip part. Though I can't remember exactly which one. I want to say Sailor Moon?

The cages were going to get broken regardless.

They could have try to make sure that Steenee couldn't break the cage.

And the magical girl I could think of doing a hair flip could be a Pretty cure

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They could have try to make sure that Steenee couldn't break the cage.
In one way or the other they could have made the cage slippery so that it would be harder for Steenee to climb the cage. But I didn't quite get how Steenee was able to climb the cages so easily.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Tsareena's evolution sequence and finally making her appearance in anime was totally worth to watch this episode, although the first ten minutes was boring.