• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution? (1025)

p96822

Evolve me please
When Lillie said finish it sound more like a Pokemon Performer. Which she is the second voice of Miette

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I know, Bounsweet becoming a Steenee, Torracat igniting, Type:Null breaking his helmet, those are just a few and I can't wait for more. (Poipole becoming Naganadel should be awesome and I don't care what you say otherwise!)
Type:Null breaking its helmet doesn't really count...they really shouldn't be considered two separate Pokemon in the first place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The debut of Mao's Amajo made me happy since she had deserved a team update for quite a while, although I do wish that Amamaiko had received a few more development episodes before this one. Kojirou cross-dressing was amusing as well.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The debut of Mao's Amajo made me happy since she had deserved a team update for quite a while, although I do wish that Amamaiko had received a few more development episodes before this one. Kojirou cross-dressing was amusing as well.
Honestly I'm hoping that Mallow gets to catch at least 1 Pokemon, even if its something truly unexpected like a gen 8 Pokemon or Kartana (until the Alola arc ends I am gonna be stubborn)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hopefully Lillie is spared from the wretched goal.
I did like Lillie’s dance because of Vulpix sliding on the ice though. But she didn’t seem to take too much interest in it to the point it’l be a goal, which is good for you at least.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I did like Lillie’s dance because of Vulpix sliding on the ice though. But she didn’t seem to take too much interest in it to the point it’l be a goal, which is good for you at least.
That’s good xD. I always thought they’d make Lana a performer/coordinator if pushed came to shove however.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Hopefully Lillie is spared from the wretched goal.

Agreed, she would be better off as a battler or a breeder.

Hmmm, now I am wondering if Pokemon Performers are the scrappies (as in near universally hated) of the Pokemon related goals? Wouldn't surprise me since they are nothing more than a bad rehash of Pokemon coordinators

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
IMO, field research fits her perfectly. It reflects her progression from being scared of Pokémon, being more outgoing, and her overall vast knowledge on Pokémon. She could even work with Lusamine and/or Gladion to tie in on Alola's theme of family.
Nah, we want to see the girls fight, regardless of their personalities. No more cheering in the background or doing girly goals. The producers/writers need to get over of this "only boys are allowed to battle" nonsense.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Hmmm, now I am wondering if Pokemon Performers are the scrappies (as in near universally hated) of the Pokemon related goals? Wouldn't surprise me since they are nothing more than a bad rehash of Pokemon coordinators
I think this would be better discussed in the Serena special thread (I think?). Anyway I didn’t dislike the goal in theory but the way it was handled. 3 Princess keys was way to easy to obtain and should of been at least 5 like Ribbons. I disliked how we never got to see other performers just Serena most of the time and finally the performances were repetitive. So I didn’t dislike the goal itself but how the writers wrote the goal.

Nah, we want to see the girls fight, regardless of their personalities. No more cheering in the background or doing girly goals. The producers/writers need to get over of this "only boys are allowed to battle" nonsense.
Lillie is our only hope. Hopefully she decides to participate in the Alola league. What’s more controversial than a Pokegirl beating Ash?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I disagree. Battling can be a side interest or hobby for her. Wanting to explore and gain knowledge isn't exclusive to one gender. Hell, none of Ash's male companions have battling related goals with the exception of Kiawe. Making Lillie fight just because sounds lame and forced imo.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I disagree. Battling can be a side interest or hobby for her. Wanting to explore and gain knowledge isn't exclusive to one gender. Hell, none of Ash's male companions have battling related goals with the exception of Kiawe. Making Lillie fight just because sounds lame and forced imo.
Well, maybe not specifically her, along with her character, but more how the producers/writers are handling the recent Pokegirls in general which include Serena. I'll be worried if the next Pokegirl will be restricted to non-battling activities once again, so I really meant it about my last post.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
None of Ash’s male companions had battle related goals (unless you count them being Gym Leaders) in any series but they still battled. So that’s an irrelevant comparison. The point is this the second generation in a row where the females of Pokémon aren’t battling and taking a stand to the side while all the guys are doing the heavy lifting. Nobody is saying Lillie MUST have a battle related goal but battling is long over due for the SM girls. The writers had no problem stuffing battles with characters with non battling goals (Iris, Misty, Brock and Cilan) and even May and Dawn got to battle outside of Contests. Why is this such a problem now? It’s like ever since BW they just gave up.

Ignition

Well, maybe not specifically her, along with her character, but more how the producers/writers are handling the recent Pokegirls. I'll be worried if the next Pokegirl will be restricted to non-battling activities once again, so I really meant it about my last post.
That I can get behind. Sticking to stereotypes is such a boring way to make a basis for a character.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That I can get behind. Sticking to stereotypes is such a boring way to make a basis for a character.
I'll take everything, even stereotypes, over watching Ash hogging spotlights and fail at the leagues again.

Ignition

None of Ash’s male companions had battle related goals (unless you count them being Gym Leaders). So that’s an irrelevant comparison. The point is this the second generation in a row where the females of Pokémon aren’t battling and taking a stand to the side while all the guys are doing the heavy lifting. Nobody is saying Lillie MUST have a battle related goal but battling is long over due for the SM girls. The writers had no problem stuffing battles with characters with non battling goals (Iris, Misty, Brock and Cilan) and even May and Dawn got to battle outside of Contests. Why is this such a problem now? It’s like ever since BW they just gave up.

Yes, I indeed said that. Thank you for the echo.

Involvement in the series in terms of battling =/= the orientation of their goals.

As I said, Lillie could still battle as a size interest/plot.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Yes, I indeed said that. Thank you for the echo.

Involvement in the series in terms of battling =/= the orientation of their goals.
If you noticed, I echoed and then gave the reason as to why it was inadequate. Maybe a little more work on your arguments and a little less on your condescending posts. And thank you for literally repeating what I said. I literally said the writers have found ways to get characters battling without it being the main focus of their goal. Like I said I’d focus more on the former than the latter.

Ignition

If you noticed, I echoed and then gave the reason as to why it was inadequate. Maybe a little more work on your arguments and a little less on your condescending posts. And thank you for literally repeating what I said. I literally said the writers have found ways to get characters battling without it being the main focus of their goal. Like I said I’d focus more on the former than the latter.
You wanted to shift from Lillie's goal to her activeness with battling, so I'm going to point out such. Your previous comment seemed to lack understanding. I wasn't even talking about her battling in the series. I sim addressed a fitting goal for her. Don't know where you & @AznKei got to lack of battling from that. I'll keep the structure of my posts to my own choice and shouldn't have to worry about the lack of a connection to form an argument coming from other users be a concern.