• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution? (1025)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That’s good xD. I always thought they’d make Lana a performer/coordinator if pushed came to shove however.
Yeah, probably the closest one due to Popplio. I would have had just a laugh if I saw Lana in those silly clothes. Kinda wish Jessie and James were in their disguises for a bit longer.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
You wanted to shift from Lillie's goal to her activeness with battling, so I'm going to point out such. Your previous comment seemed to lack understanding. I wasn't even talking about her battling in the series. I sim addressed a fitting goal for her. Don't know where you & @AznKei got to lack of battling from that. I'll keep the structure of my posts to my own choice and shouldn't have to worry about the lack of a connection to form an argument coming from other users be a concern.
Lol whatever you say dude. You’ve completely twisted and turned my post to suite your arguments but go off.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Lol whatever you say dude. You’ve completely twisted and turned my post to suite your arguments but go off.
Hey, you would know about twisting arguments. There's literally nothing I'm arguing. I just stated my opinion on Lillie's future goals & you went on yet another redundant rant on the girls battling. I don't need you telling me how to express myself but what suits your sensitivity lol.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Hey, you would know about twisting arguments. There's literally nothing I'm arguing. I just stated my opinion on Lillie's future goals & you went on yet another redundant rant on the girls battling. I don't need you telling me how to express myself but what suits your sensitivity lol.
If anything’s redundant it’s your last sentence considering it makes no sense. Also calling out your condescending attitude isn’t projecting my sensitivity. Notice I didn’t “tell” you how to express your post; I used the word “ maybe” very clearly. Please work better at constructing your arguments because personal attacks on the user just means you know your argument can’t stand by itself until them I’m done.

Henry's Journey

Tsareena's evolution was deserved, why the complains now? over a thousand episodes there have been countless of "freebie" evolution episodes, why is it a problem now? complaining for the sake of complain I think...

Rooting for Rowlet, Popplio and Charjabug evolving next.

Ignition

Tsareena's evolution was deserved, why the complains now? over a thousand episodes there have been countless of "freebie" evolution episodes, why is it a problem now? complaining for the sake of complain I think...

People on these forms complain just to hear themselves talk & look for acceptance from others

Ignition

If anything’s redundant it’s your last sentence considering it makes no sense. Also calling out your condescending attitude isn’t projecting my sensitivity. Notice I didn’t “tell” you how to express your post; I used the word “ maybe” very clearly. Please work better at constructing your arguments because personal attacks on the user just means you know your argument can’t stand by itself until them I’m done.

Lol ok. You find me pointing out the flaws in your comments as personal attacks. And, once again, you fail to acknowledge the fact that I'm arguing against nothing but your comments themselves, not the topic at hand. "Maybe" implies you're giving the idea to me indirectly: that's common sense. Really should pratice what you preach lol. Yeah, I'm down with this but, as you say, go off.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Well to me, I didn't put much thought about whether Tsareena's evolution was deserved or not, but I'm looking for more depth with the companions and their Pokemons during the whole series than this before they ended being written off and I would be disappointed, not complaining, if that's all the producers/writers can do.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Pretty alright episode, but not really close to being my favourite. The dancing parts were pretty interesting although Alola Hulu wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Team Rocket's plan was pretty generic for them, although they were quite a bit more stupid than usual. They're never the brightest but telling the kids what the weak point in the cages was is dumb even for them. They also seemed to have no means of actually getting out of there with the stolen pokémon, with the cage seemingly stuck to the floor. They just stayed there after trapping the pokémon. Usually they also have a getaway plan. Dumbing Team Rocket down so much also makes their defeat less satisfying. And they didn't even get defeated. Tsareena just broke the cages and then Bewear showed up and took them away. Granted, Team Rocket getting out of there with the stolen pokémon and the protagonists hunting them down and saving the pokémon would have been an incredibly formulaic Team Rocket encounter the likes of which we've seen dozens of times before Sun and Moon and I'm glad we're over that, but this wasn't any better.

Team Rocket aside, I did really like Lillie's dance. It makes me wonder how much more they could've done had they had more time, maybe add in Aurora Veil in there as well while it's circling around on the ice. The combination of the Aurora Veil lights, the figure skating, and falling hail would've looked gorgeous. Granted, it'd be quite crazy to expect such a choreography in three days in-universe. Sophocles was funny, clear transformers/mech things there which suits him and a nice reference to the Charjabug race episode. Kiawe catching fire does suit him as well with his overly competitive nature, he always takes things too far. Lana's idea was fairly cute but nothing more than that, it was more just letting Harper and Sara float in the balloons, we've seen characters float in the balloons a lot already. I'd have preferred it if she had taken inspiration from the Brionne from episode 40 and used Hydro Vortex in her dance. And then Ash, he didn't actually get to perform his dance at all, total disappointment, 0/10. His past contest episodes always had him come up with ridiculous ideas way outside of the box and I'd have loved to see what he could come up with here.

Overall, I'd have preferred it if they had just ditched Team Rocket from this episode altogether and given that time to expand a bit more on the dances, and have Mallow do a completely different dance instead of the Alola Hulu, one with a lot of footwork (maybe expand on the Mallow-kick from the Sandshrew episode). Steenee could've learned Stomp through the dance instead and evolved that way, maybe during its performance. In the current episode learning Stomp wasn't directly related to the dancing part of the episode which makes it feel a bit off and questionably why they had Steenee evolve here, they could've had a similar Team Rocket encounter in any other episode.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I found this episode less entertaining than most others in this series, but fun to watch nonetheless. Kiawe and Sophocles’ moments were easily the most hilarious parts (along with James finally crossdressing again)! Steenee’s evolution did feel kind of undeserved, but considering that it only needed to learn one move to evolve, I’m not going to complain. Overall, a decent episode, but there’ve been better.

p96822

Evolve me please
Will this episode dance into my heart or be dancing at the door. Let find out.

Really I think that the story of this episode is the weak point of this episode. With the characters barely doing anything in the first half of the episode, I found it to be rather boring. We learn about the old lady that have been in some episode name and her Pokemon Oricorio which is nice and all, but I though Ash should asked her name by now after like 80 episode of this series. Which I do find some of the dances of the Pokemon performances okay, but I think they would have been a little bit more creative about it. I do think that Vulpix ice skating is okay for it's type, but because it not bipedal it can't do that much like Dawn's Buneary or May's Squirtle. Kaiwe is doing the fire dance he does in the game with the run gag of Marowak setting his face on fire. Which was okay. Sophocles' robot was kind of cool, but he had three day to program a dancing feature into it. I do feel kind of bad that Ash doesn't get to do anything or it would have been a nice continuity nod Really I think the Oricorio Baile style or Pom-pom style would have been a better in my opinion even though they had to introduce the third form of Oricorio.

For Mallow, she doesn't really do anything in this episode. And the only reason of Steenee evolving is mostly getting distracted by her Hulu dancing and that it and Team Rocket didn't feel that threatening. They could have call on Mareanie to battle her so she wouldn't break the cage. Also it was really stupid for Meowth to tell them the cage weakness. Even in X and Y Team Rocket wouldn't be that stupid. I felt the evolution was so underwhelming that I don't care if she became stronger or not. I even care more of Serena's Eevee evolving and Noibat evolving then Steenee evolving.

So I'll this episode an D- for being boring and not doing anything else with Steenee

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Type:Null breaking its helmet doesn't really count...they really shouldn't be considered two separate Pokemon in the first place.

In the games it is treated as an evolution and through out the Aether Arc Type:Null was given the nickname Silvally.

Which fits considering Gladion was the one who names it in games, the two evolutions are so alike that what you said is debatable and I rather not argue... agree to disagree?

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This episode, to me, was rather boring and predictable as far as Pokemon episodes go.

Ash and his classmates are to put on a dance with their Pokemon. Mallow and Steenee learn about the Poke Hula I think that’s what they called it and decide to do that one. Of course here come Team Rocket as a source of conflict in this episode, things go downhill for the TRio, and here comes Bewear to take them away. I’m getting rather annoyed by this to be honest.

Of course, Steenee evolved into Tsareena in this episode. My main issue was that this scenario is identical to the episode where Bounsweet evolved into Steenee. Mallow ends up getting trapped, along with Ash, their classmates, Profesor Kukui, the lady from the market, and Harper & Sarah by TRio and Steenee evolved to save them. I would preferred it if Steenee learned a new move, did not evolve this episode, and them further down the road, she would evolve in a better scenario when its not cooying the episode where she previous evolved.

So overall, I give this episode a 7 out of 10. It could have been a lot better.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Not really, it is pretty undeserved and lackluster. Even Unova reserves and noibat had better chances to evolve, cause all of them actually battled in gyms and ordinar trainer battles, participate in different competitions and so on. Amamaiko and Mao both have no real battle experience and character, they are just here to be in the show -_- Being a pokemon waitress is a key to evolution to a the first fully evolved pokemon on the SM anime that was raised from the basic form aside from rockruff? Even Shiron, charjabug and popplio had more battles, screentime and reasons to evolve than Amajo.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not really, it is pretty undeserved and lackluster. Even Unova reserves and noibat had better chances to evolve, cause all of them actually battled in gyms and ordinar trainer battles,

Three of them literally evolved in the exact same manner. To me, that's lackluster. At least Steenee's evolution made clever use of the situation. She couldn't use her sepals, so she used her feet, which led to her learning Stomp and evolving.

Amamaiko and Mao both have no real battle experience and character, they are just here to be in the show

This show has established dozens upon dozens of times that being a Trainer is not all there is to life. And we've seen many non-Trainers with fully evolved Pokemon. This argument is nonsensical.

-_- Being a pokemon waitress is a key to evolution

The key to this evolution was learning a move. That's it. And Steenee learned said move, thus she evolved.

Even Shiron, charjabug and popplio had more battles, screentime and reasons to evolve than Amajo.

And those reasons are?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Why would Steenee's evolution be undeserved? At least there will be more things to work on once Steenee has evolved into Tsareena considering she is much more adept in using her legs to attack.

DatsRight

This show has established dozens upon dozens of times that being a Trainer is not all there is to life. And we've seen many non-Trainers with fully evolved Pokemon. This argument is nonsensical.

Except even in that regard, Mallow has done very little with Steenee. Her greatest accomplishments are smacking Meowth and Rowlet (neither of which remotely putting up a fight) and using Sweet Scent on Mallow's contest entry. She hasn't even gained much of a personality besides very monotonous 'don't mess with a girl' gags, which hasn't made her a remotely investible and likeable character compared to the other trainers and Pokemon. I resent even Rowlet being reduced to a running gag for that wretched little thing.

Giving Mallow a fully evolved Pokemon means nothing if they don't have her do anything with it or make either of them remotely interesting to watch an episode of.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Pokemon that evolves via special move firstly learned them, use couple times in battle and then evolve like Mamoswine. It would be more neat for Stenee to learn Stomp and free all the friends and later evolve in next episode or something.
Pidove is a regional bird, she had enough battle experience to evolve. Sewaddle is a basic bug type caterpillar, so its evolution is average for such pokemon, it evolved into Leavanny much later and via happiness (so it doesnt have any correlation with battle experience etc). And we dont know how often Roggenrola battles in the wild prior to capture.
On the other hand, Tsareena in any form (bounsweet, stenee) never had a proper battle, even a TR one.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
On the other hand, Tsareena in any form (bounsweet, stenee) never had a proper battle, even a TR one.
Roggenrola didn’t have a battle until Clay’s gym but that still didn’t stop it from evolving. Or even Luxio in XY.