• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Work Experience! Around the Clock with the Pokémon Center! (1011)

NPT

Just a member
Gosh, the crossdressing part was cringworthy and stupid and f***ing eyesore! Then there's that awfully cringy part where Ash gets sprayed by Garbodor's junk... *Sigh* The writers are trying too hard to be funny at this point.

I wish they just stop shoving terrible gags in every episode. Now excuse me while I heal my eyes with some XY episodes.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This isn't a nitpick or me making fun of the show, but I am curious are we ever going to see Poipole in battle or at least being trained? I know its only the first episode after its capture, but I really don't want it to turn into Nebby 2.0 were all it does is look and act cute, evolve, then leave. Again I am not trying to nitpick or make fun of the show I am just curious.
I was thinking the same. I want to see Ash use Poipole in battle. Since it is in his team, he should use it.

Gosh, that crossdressing part was so damn cringeworthy...
At least he changed into the boy's version of the uniform and wasn't in the maid outfit for most of the episode like in one of the DP episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The cross dressing is completely pointless unlike the other episodes that Ash had the cross dress

There was no point for him dressing as a maid in DP either.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dafuq nurse joy has her own Comfey transportation system?
It was quite hilarious as well that the Nurse Joy with the pink pin has her own transportation system but unfortunately it's a post-episode segment that never gets dubbed. I believe that the Pokémon that were transporting her were Comfey as well.

Shotgunrain

Gosh, that crossdressing part was cringeworthy. *Sigh* The writers are trying too hard to be funny at this point.

I wish they just stop shoving terrible gags in every episode.

I agree. And I’m getting really tired of Ash frequently being used as slapstick/butt monkey in Alola.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Gosh, that crossdressing part was cringeworthy. *Sigh* The writers are trying too hard to be funny at this point.

I wish they just stop shoving terrible gags in every episode.
This is a recurring gag throughout the series.

XY didn't have one (no, the Serena episode doesn't count. Don't bother wasting time bringing it up.), so I've been waiting extra long for this. Vindication!

Last edited:

togenaught18

To be honest this is one of the worst fillers in SM for me, theres almost nothing interisting here. Even i didnt expect nothing but even i dissapointed lol, because i liked a lot of SM fillers.

DatsRight

I agree. And I’m getting really tired of Ash frequently being used as slapstick/butt monkey in Alola.

I don't really mind it here because Ash in spite of some slapstick buffoonery wasn't portrayed as incompetent and was the one to settle Zipp's problem. Hell most of the times Ash is the butt monkey he gets vindication of some sort in SM, compared to Kanto or early BW.

If anything the companions are let down by NOT being part of the slapstick (though Lillie and Sophocles did a couple geeky pratfalls).

Zyar

Unknown Member
It was good we got to see Zipp's problem with his Garbador at the beginning of the episode instead of having it show up out of nowhere right in the middle or until the end. I appreciate details like that. It was nice of Ash to tell Zipp to take his pokémon to a center even though they were having a battle. And another one of Team Skull's member got development, that's about everything I can rescue from this episode. I knew from the previews it'd be boring for me, and it was. The girls crossdressing Ash was unnecessary, it took precious time away!

And confirmed: I find Poipole annoying.

It is remarkable how James made an appeareance without the rest of the TRio, that didn't even happen back in Unova, when Meowth was traveling with Ash & co. But why were Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet listed in the voice cast for this episode? Is it because they narrated the preview? I don't remember them being in the voice cast of the Ilima debut episode, even though they narrated the preview for the ping-pong episode.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Annoying or pointless, I will say that Mallow's cat face was kinda funny during all that crossdressing lol. But I really liked Tupp in this episode and how he cared for his Garbodor a lot. At least it makes the grunts not pure villains in a way.

And anyone complaining about how useless Team Skull should know that it's the point that they're useless. They're supposed to suck since that's what makes them so enjoyable. You aren't supposed to take them seriously at all.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Seriously SM's slapstick sometimes really tends to get to my nerves. WTF was going on with Ash being dressed as a girl there??? One of the most embarrasing moments in the Pokemon anime TBH. Not only that, but getting smacked out of the Pokemon center by Alolan Exeggutor, getting sprayed by Garbador's poison junk in the entire body......yikes, why does Ash always have to be the center of slapstick in SM all the time like this? Even if there's slapstick, it should be well balanced between all the characters, not focused upon only one character who bears the brunt of the slapstick all the time.

Anyway, this filler was far more worse than I expected it to be, the slapstick comedy just simply crossed the limits. 1/10.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Seriously SM's slapstick sometimes really tends to get to my nerves. WTF was going on with Ash being dressed as a girl there??? One of the most embarrasing moments in the Pokemon anime TBH. Not only that, but getting smacked out of the Pokemon center by Alolan Exeggutor, getting sprayed by Garbador's poison junk in the entire body......yikes, why does Ash always have to be the center of slapstick in SM all the time like this? Even if there's slapstick, it should be well balanced between all the characters, not focused upon only one character who bears the brunt of the slapstick all the time.

Anyway, this filler was far more worse than I expected it to be, the slapstick comedy just simply crossed the limits. 1/10.
Ash cross dressed in about all the other previous series and you’re just calling it one of the most embarrassing moments in the anime now?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
WTF was going on with Ash being dressed as a girl there??? One of the most embarrasing moments in the Pokemon anime TBH.

Bad news for you... this isn't the first time Ash was dressed as a girl.

OS had Ash cross dressed to get into Celadon Gym. (Complete with a feminine voice!)

Diamond and Pearl Ash was dressed as a maid.

Black and White... Ash was a pink haired princess!

It isn't any different from any of them and I doubt we will see the last of the cross dressing!

To be honest, Nurse Ash looked the best out of the four!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash cross dressed in about all the other previous series and you’re just calling it one of the most embarrassing moments in the anime now?
You mean cross dressing into a girl? I don't recall it happening in all other previous series, but I do remember that also happened previously, like this:

Ashley.png

File:Ashley.png

That's why I called it 'one of the most embarrasing moments'. But let's be real, Ash in this episode looked far worse than the one above:

rAZFdJ8.png

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I beg to differ, the Ash in a maid outfit from Diamond and Pearl was miles worse!

Though thinking about it his BW cross dress look was better than what we got in the S/M anime.

So that did change my opinion.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Honestly, I found the reason for this cross dressing to be the dumbest yet. In OS, Team Rocket manipulated him to get into Erika's gym, in AG, it was to help practice for that Volbeat guy. In Sinnoh, he did ask for a male version costume, and had no choice but to wear that (and was visibly embarrassed), and in BW, he and Cilan, through much protesting, obliged to help Iris. In this episode, he wears it, and realizes anyway that it's not the right uniform with Kiawe and Sophocles, who rush off to find a male uniform, yet, why is Ash still stuck wearing the uniform anyway instead of changing back?

I'm not supporting any of the cross dressing scenes, since I find all of them dumb (maybe barring the OS one), but this episode's version was the stupidest yet imo.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Just saw the English Sub

First, this is otherwise a pokemon center episode with the cast working a role in managing the place while Nurse Joy is sick. (OR/AS and the US/UM games only gave a hint that being a nurse is hard work!)

It gives a busy feeling which is fitting and shows what is it like to actually run the place and practically not a single character was really wasted... save for maybe James.

The Ash cross dressing. I found it funny even if it exist only because we were due to a cross dressing seen. (Didn't care for the Ash gets physically hurt scenes because we reached the joke at it's max months ago when Ash tried to tackle Mother Beast Lusamine and got slapped!)

I liked the detail that Kiawe wasn't a dummy like Ash and knew something was off about the doughnut seller. (Aka James!)

Otherwise, I found the fact that Ash and gang were willing to help Zipp's Garbador despite everything he and the other two do in terms of harassment rather heart warming. (OS Ash was questioning why they should help the pokemon own by the Rocket Trio... this is a nice change from that scene!) In addition to the Nurse Joy from Akala coming along to help!

If anyone found the Garbador unclogging scene disgusting.... it's Garbador, it's naturally a disgusting pokemon.

I also found the skull grunt actually taking the advice to keep the clogging from ever happening again... no matter how stubborn he was to listen, a bit on the funny side to me.

Also... their is a bonus scene regarding the two Nurse Joy's that I found a wtf. (Flew away on some Comfey Mary Poppins style! Trying to comprehend that insanity leads to more insanity.)

Overall.... 6.5 out of 10. Filler episode that entertained me, but isn't too special!

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I wonder if all the sparkles and moe-ness of Ash's crossdressing is due to the production team catching on that trending notion that Ash looks like a Moe in the upcoming Pokémon movie...

As of this episode, the only series that doesn't feature Ash crossdressing as a girl is the XY series (though it did have a funny role reversal where a girl crossdresses as Ash).

Shotgunrain

Your complaint is the same as what I was thinking as well. I really don’t like how all the slapstick has always just been mostly focused on Ash. I just think that it is not fair. It doesn’t matter that he has his redeeming moments such as defeating Hala and Olivia etc. These moments only happen once every 3-6 months or so anyway. We still don’t know when Ash will battle Nanu. At the moment the slapstick is happening far more frequently than his redeeming moments and it’s getting annoying.

I’m not asking for the SM anime to become serious like XY&Z was. I understand that it is a kid’s show. I just wish that the slapstick will be more balanced out among all the classmates tbh.

DatsRight

The other characters do get butt monkey moments (Lillie and Sophocles had screw up moments in this episode), just Ash gets the lion's share of spotlight (hence they don't get as many competent moments as him either). I do agree it should be more balanced, but to do that you need to focus more on the companions in the first place.

Ash being the one to spearhead Zipp healing Garbador (while everyone else was wary around him at first) I thought was a decent redeemer anyway.