• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Work Experience! Around the Clock with the Pokémon Center! (1011)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1011.jpg

Work Experience! Around the Clock with the Pokémon Center!

It's time for a special work experience project at the Pokémon Center. However, when Nurse Joy falls ill, Ash & Co. decide to look after the Pokémon Center in her absence by taking care of Pokémon, delivering medicine and various other tasks. However, things are tougher than they thought, especially when Team Skull show up with their injured Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. heal them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Expected cross dress episode from Ash, was not disappointed (muchas gracias Mallow, Lana and Lillie!)

I had more fun watching it than I originally thought.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Was this the first time one of the TRio appeared in an episode without the other two members? Jessie and Mewoth were absent, but James made an appearance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It was hilarious to see Ash dress up in the female Pokémon Center uniform and to see him get sprayed by the poison from Tupp's Garbodor. Seeing Ash get angry over the photos that Rotom took of him in that uniform was quite funny as well and after Ash got smacked out of the Pokémon Center after Poipole was playing around with Alolan Exeggutor's tail was funny too but I was quite disappointed with Team Rocket's appearance as it felt incomplete that James only appeared along with Mareanie. Well it seemed that Tupp took a brush as a souvenir and the end, which was at least helpful whenever Garbodor's fingers get clogged again.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I sure hope they don't randomly ditch Team Skull for no reason again. It's nice seeing them be the source of the conflict instead of the TRio every single freaking time.
I do wish the TRio and Skull trio could actually meet again though, it's literally been forever since they last clashed..... and that was one of the best episodes of this saga.

It was hilarious to see Ash dress up in the female Pokémon Center uniform and to see him get sprayed by the poison from Tupp's Garbodor. Seeing Ash get angry over the photos that Rotom took of him in that uniform was quite funny as well and after Ash got smacked out of the Pokémon Center after Poipole was playing around with Alolan Exeggutor's tail was funny too but I was quite disappointed with Team Rocket's appearance as it felt incomplete that James only appeared along with Mareanie. Well it seemed that Tupp took a brush as a souvenir and the end, which was at least helpful whenever Garbodor's fingers get clogged again.

Yeah, I agree. It just didn't feel right only seeing James. Even when Meowth was 'fired' you still saw Jessie and James in their own scenes, so they still had a presence even if they weren't with Meowth.
At least Mareanie got to appear, we don't see much of her.... at all. They're only using Mimikyu mostly, I don't understand why they didn't just evolve her if they treat her like this. :/

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So we've gotten the obligatory cross dressing episode for this series. Episode was pretty mediocre though, with a lot of focus on slapstick and wacky antics as expected. And Team Skull continue to impress me as to how utterly useless and pathetic they are.

So this episode gets a 2/10.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, I agree. It just didn't feel right only seeing James. Even when Meowth was 'fired' you still saw Jessie and James in their own scenes, so they still had a presence even if they weren't with Meowth.
At least Mareanie got to appear, we don't see much of her.... at all. They're only using Mimikyu mostly, I don't understand why they didn't just evolve her if they treat her like this. :/
Well I wished that we got to see more of Mareanie and it didn't feel good at all that Mimikyu didn't appear neither did Bewear. I expected Team Rocket and Team Skull to have a bit of a scuffle but they never met each other in this episode.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
The Garbador part totally reminds me of that part in Spirited Away where she has to clean that gigantic slug demon

DatsRight

An okay episode, but not very eventful. Was kinda hoping it would be a Lillie centric episode but she didn't really get much at all. Also disappointed they didn't use the opportunity with TS to have Poipole show off it's abilities, but similarly it ended up doing little but comic relief.

Though it's nice to see a TS member get a developed role at all. I think they work better with this 'punch clock' routine over just being 'TR but even more pitiful', especially since TS will likely be series-exclusive, so there's more room for dynamic development. Though they seem to share the TRio's earnest care for their own Pokemon in spite of their bad guy role.

Otherwise not that noteworthy outside showing the process of the Pokemon Center. The Pokemon actually felt rather superfluous to this episode outside the ones being healed.

Noteworthy points:

* Ash was pretty competent at this job (or at least no less so than the others) most of his butt monkey moments were down to circumstance or the others teasing him (eg. him walking into his token cross dressing moment of the series :p).
* James got no response from the twerps even when Mereanie glomped off his disguise. Are they THAT oblivious or has Ash just become really passive by this point?
* Can't tell without subs. Did Ash drag Zipp in to interrogate or just to get healing Garbador over with?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Was this the first time one of the TRio appeared in an episode without the other two members? Jessie and Mewoth were absent, but James made an appearance.
According to Bulbapedia, yes, it is.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was such a fun filler! And I loved the expressions given in this episode. Poor Ash not only had to save Poipole from feeling the wrath of the Alolan Exeguttor's tail (something he had to learn in the second episode) but also having to do the final effort of solving the issue: the nastiest part. There was also Rotom saving his pictures of him as a girl, he was so embarrassed. (But Ash, you're such a cute girl.... if Ashley returned in Kalos, she would've surely won being Kalos Queen!) :p At least he had good reason to be a buttmonkey here (which I don't mind.) Honestly, this episode showed us the tough part of being a nurse and I loved seeing how we were shown on screen on what Nurse Joy does on the job instead of going in the back and quickly solving the problem. This one took all night! :eek:

I think my favorite part of Mallow's cat face and the girls dressing up Ash as a girl. Also the picture at the end. I love love loved it that they brought back old gags like all the Nurse Joys being related and looking almost exactly the same. They did trick me this time! It was almost a miracle that the Melemele Island Nurse Joy healed up that fast but as they say, if it's too good to be true, it is. That was actually her sister from Akala Island. Great short scene of James appearing. Thank goodness they didn't have much of a role here. It seemed they needed to deliver it to them. It was good to note that one of the Team Skull grunts wouldn't go in until Ash and Kiawe let him in. Villain or not, his Pokémon needed urgent help (I laughed when he took the cotton swab thing as a souvenir at the end lol!) Great episode! :)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The episode reminds me a mix of XY(Z) episodes like the Chespin & Bunnelby episode where the crew helped Nurse Joy due of power outage and Serena cross-dressing as Ash episode when the latter was sick. Also, we got to see Ash cross-dressing like Ashley back in OS, even though it lasted like a minute.

I feel bad for the Nurse Joy and the crew when they have to take out Garbador's clogged excrements out of its arms. Not everyone would like to manipulate those kind of stuffs irl, whether it's in a toilet, farm, hospital and so on. And Ash was willing to help everyone even bad guys. Fun episode overall, the character expressions did help quite a bit.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I enjoyed this filler. :)

I think my favorite part was at the end, where Rotomdex had saved the pictures of Ash dressed as a girl, and Ash's reaction to that. Speaking of which, Ash...you have to get some better male friends. I mean, this is the second time both Kiawe and Sophocles ditched you and you were left with the girls to suffer. :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, we've now had our obligatory cross-dressing episode. :p I got a good laugh out of that scene. You could tell Ash has worn dresses before; he was the only boy not completely uncomfortable in Nurse Joy's uniform. And then the girls had to take advantage of the situation and finish dolling him up, wig included. Poor Ash! His reaction at the end of the episode, when he realized Rotom had saved the photos of him in cross-dressing, was hilarious!

Overall, this episode was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The students actually did a decent job running the Pokémon Center on their own, and we got insight into what it's like to work in a Pokémon Center. The obligatory humor was obligatory, but at least most of it felt character-driven. Lillie tripping up due to nervousness is totally within her character, for instance. Mallow and Lana deciding to doll up Ash is totally within their characters. Even Ash getting knocked out of the Pokémon Center by Exeggutor's tail was due to his trying to protect the mischievous Poipole.

I also liked how this episode showed how people can put aside their differences when a Pokémon's health is on the line. Even though Team Skull are troublemakers, Ash was genuinely worried about Zipp's Garbador and forced him into the Pokémon Center to get it treated. And the others didn't hesitate in their desire to help Garbador; Kiawe even yelled at Zipp.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
This isn't a nitpick or me making fun of the show, but I am curious are we ever going to see Poipole in battle or at least being trained? I know its only the first episode after its capture, but I really don't want it to turn into Nebby 2.0 were all it does is look and act cute, evolve, then leave. Again I am not trying to nitpick or make fun of the show I am just curious.

On a side note, I didn't care for Ash cross-dressing I never cared for that gag it was never funny, it was just there for me and never felt like it had a point to it