• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Work Experience! Around the Clock with the Pokémon Center! (1011)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ancient ruins tend to have ridiculous traps and obstacles in fictional media.

She's the "read lots of books" type, so she probably got the idea from one of those.

And it's not like we haven't seen weird stuff like that during Ash's encounters with various ancient ruins he's encounter in his travels, so her theory is technically plausible.

hottom3rd

I personally liked this episode a lot. The Ash crossdressing had me dying. Most of the humor, no matter how slapstick, had me laughing. I was entertained throughly, even though this is filler type stuff, I am happy overall.

8/10 for the sheer laughter it caused. Also, James being the only TR cameo in the epoisode was a breath of relief. The Bewear gag gets old after a while.

also OMFG at the above picture lol cat face is best

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Good episode. And it was the cross dressing one, as I predicted.

Development for one of the Grunts, a look into what actually goes on in the back of a Center, Rotom being moderately funny at the end.

I think I can live with Mallow never, ever making that face again. It was horrifying.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
For this fandom's own good, I hope that on the very likely occasion TPCi cuts out that upskirt shot of Ash, there isn't a big fuss made about it. Lots of generalizations are made about anime fans (as well as Japanese animators in general) being perverts; no need to justify those ridiculous claims. We don't need another foot-in-the-mouth incident like when there appeared complaints about the G-cupped scantily-clad women from The Electric Tale of Pikachu got edited to have reasonable proportions and clothing.

And how do I know about that part? Easy; that exact screencap reached meme status on Twitter. I couldn't avoid it no matter how much I wanted to.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally got around to watching this episode, I’m sorry it took so long.

I really liked seeing Ash step up to protect Poipole when Team Skull showed up and tried to take it. That was adorable, I have to say. I felt bad for Garboder. It was not hard to see the poor thing was in pain, I have no idea why the Team Skull grunt took so long to bring it to the Pokemon Center to let it get treated. It doesn’t matter if you’re in Team Skull or not, your Pokemon is in pain, get it some help. Geez.

Ashley made a comeback! xD The cross dressing scene was so funny. When I first saw the episode pictures, I laughed like crazy when I realized Ash was going to be dressing up like a girl but Mallow, sneaky and cunning Mallow, made it even better. That was seriously great and I laughed so hard.

This is another episode that makes you realize just how hard Nurse Joy works. Between treating Trainers Pokemon to giving out rooms, she has it hard. Just how is she able to not screw it all up.

That scene at the end after the PokeProblem was hilarious. So, apparently, Comfey is now a ride Pokemon.

I honestly enjoyed this episode more than I thought I was going to. I was a little skeptical at first but this turned out to be a lot better than I thought I was going to. I give it a 7 out 10. I really enjoyed it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi's cross-dressing aside, I didn't think this episode was as funny as the previews led me to believe. The Pokemon Center subplot was mildly entertaining, yet I found myself focusing more on the side characters like the Skull-dan grunt than on Satoshi's friends and their wild antics.

Ryu Taylor

I'm detecting some shade from that dub title. Anyway...

And look at that! An episode with provocative content that the dub didn't skip! TPCi not being the illogical cowards its haters brand them as? Who would've thought, huh?!
Anyway...

Ash forgot what those face masks are for, it seems, despite being from a region based on a region from the country that uses those masks for prevention of virus spreading.

Going back to that provocative content I mentioned earlier, I wish the dub cut out that upskirt shot of Ash. That really creeped me out, especially after learning what I did from that big tirade Suede went on in his Worst Kanto episodes video (seriously, go watch it; it's informative even though the subject matter is severe).

Hey, they called the correct thing lotion this time.

Okay, Q-tips saving the day is hilarious. So much for "never stick a Q-tip in an orifice."

Once again, the music was nothing spectacular. No Mimaisms (thankfully), but also no standouts.

This episode could've been better, but it was fun enough. Now let me go MIB that upskirt shot the **** out of my head.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I honestly don't know what upskirt shot you're talking about, I just watched the episode in Dutch and I didn't see any upskirt shots. And the Dutch dub uses the same footage as the English dub (except ending credits, episode titles, and show title).

Ryu Taylor

I honestly don't know what upskirt shot you're talking about, I just watched the episode in Dutch and I didn't see any upskirt shots. And the Dutch dub uses the same footage as the English dub (except ending credits, episode titles, and show title).
It was when the camera did that panning-upward shot of Ash in the nurse outfit.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Nurse Joy needs a nurse of her own!!!

lol why does Lana always wear a swimsuit under her clothes?

Why did they make Ash look like a babe? Not talking about show writers - I think it's funny. I mean in-universe, what would drive Mallow, Lillie, and Lana to want to do that lol

Why is Lillie acting like a robot?

Seeing that girl walk in and ask for a room upstairs reminds me of when Ash and friends still traveled around and stayed at Pokémon Centers. I miss that. I don't like that he just lives in one house now and doesn't travel anymore, and somehow I didn't fully realize how much I missed it until this random chick asked for a room.

Wow Mallow's lunch looks like Steenee

Ash chugged that Lemonade

How is Ash going to be able to clean the top of Exeggutor?

Okay Pikachu climbed

Wow Lillie can touch Minccino

But what's happening at the abandoned Akala Island Pokémon Center then now??

Please, stop this dumb comparison of anime with real life, man.

This is an anime, and an adventure show. How many anime male protagonists of an adventure show do you recall being the centre of slapstick to this extent that he cross dresses up as a girl? The protagonists of adventure show are always supposed to have some heroic stature and personality. Yes, they obviously should have slapstick and light-hearted moment for the sake of comic relief, but it should be nowhere near the excessive slapstick SM fillers always tend to make Ash go through.

Crossdressing isn't slapstick.

If the slapstick is really this much severe like the male protagonists cross dressing into a girl

It was horrifying.

It was cute af

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Crossdressing into a girl for a male character obviously does make fun out of that particular male character so how is it not slapstick?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Crossdressing into a girl for a male character obviously does make fun out of that particular male character so how is it not slapstick?
because he isn't physically being hit in any way. It's humor, but it's not slapstick.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Why did they make Ash look like a babe? Not talking about show writers - I think it's funny. I mean in-universe, what would drive Mallow, Lillie, and Lana to want to do that lol

I think Mallow did it because she thought it'd be fun and saw an opportunity to mess with Ash, and she's dominant enough in her personality to push the others along. I'm pretty sure Mallow can convince Lillie to do pretty much anything she wants. And Lana is a bit of a troll that likes to mess with people too.

Why is Lillie acting like a robot?

She was nervous.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
because he isn't physically being hit in any way. It's humor, but it's not slapstick.
A humor which is supposed to be or rather portrayed as something really embarrassing (a male dressing into a female is generally considered something really hilarious and embarrassing too which other people can make fun off, you could also see Ash was desperately trying to hide all of the photos of him wearing Nurse Joy's outfit, so he has heavily embarrassed too), so it's pretty equivalent to a slapstick level humor; it a humor of the extreme level which are portrayed as extremely embarrassing for the victim of the humor.

DatsRight

A humanized character has to get humiliated every once in a while. Having Ash the target of playful teasing from his friends is also more three dimensional a relationship, he's not on some pedestal or anything. It's not like the girls were bullying him or anything, they just have a very.....odd sense of humour.

Making Ash a non-target in a humour heavy series just won't work (notice the characters who don't fall victim to humour as often this series tend to just shift into the background).

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Slapstick by nature involves being struck or physically harmed in some way. Emotional humiliation like photos and videos as well as fashion are considered a different kind of humor.