• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Working on a Right Move! (653)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It really doesn't matter.

If Gliscor returns to the Air Master, it can still come back again in later leagues like Charizard does.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Gible and Conway made this episode for me. I love seeing Gible look like it was going to eat Shuckle, very funny. Conway is a pretty neat trainer with his plans and use of trick room. The league is getting better now, much better.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I love Noctowl! I'm so glad it got a win. Ideally it should have gotten two wins, but I am satisfied with its one win. Lickilicky is quite a hardy Pokemon, so to be able to 2HKO it is a great thing IMO.

I felt bad for Donphan since it was one of the poorly treated reserves as a Phanpy; however, it got to go through the BF. So to be the fall guy here wasn't that big a deal.

Ash was smart running up to Gible when he did. I wonder if the ref would have declared a draw if Gible actually fell down as it was about to do. hmm... Anyway, I'm so glad it got a win (I know it got 2 wins) finally. I thought maybe against Shuckle it would have used Rock Smash a few times to lower its defense to make it go down easier with Draco Meteor (the anime, to me, doesn't seem to differentiate between physical and special defense).

Great episode. Great battle. Awesome bird!

Last edited:

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This was the best episode in a long time. Infernape learning flare blitz, noctowl having aura sphere I think as well as aerial ace, gible perfecting draco meteor and having dragon pulse. We also get to see the LT and it's apparently a guy, not a girl. I however felt bad about donphan being useless in the battle and was surprised to see gible pull off two wins.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
How did Gible not projectile vomit when Shuckle was pumping it full of gunk?

But that ep was so well done, the continuity:

1. Cynthia taking ages with choices
2. Pikachu and Electivire looking at each other "wut blud, imma f**k you up"

the logic:

-everyone sees Cynthia buying stuff so they queue
-the switching in battle, Ash being clever, and his Pokemon not getting battered in one hit

and the overall story:

-just the right amount of TR
-Gible masters DM

etc etc

Ill wait for the dub, but 10/10 for the first time in ages.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
This was a great League episode, definitely the best Ash battle in the Sinnoh league this far. They showed every bit of the battle from start to finish and any time Team Rocket had screentime, they weren't interrupting anything and even they had been watching. This is what Ash vs Nando should have been.

The beginning of the episode really would have been a great Red Herring for the people watching the episode if the previews hadn't told us Ash would be using Gible, Noctowl and Donphan in the battle. Him training Infernape with Torterra and Glalie right there made it seem like he'd be using them in the match. It even had Conway fooled to the point that he thought those were Ash's picks for his team. And it was great that Infernape had learned Flare Blitz during the session even giving it a blue color for its flames making it look even cooler.

Noctowl battle amazingly in this battle finally getting a chance to show that it was on the level of power of Swellow and Staraptor, coming back with powerful new attacks like Extrasensory, Air Slash and Sky Attack giving it its own diverse attacks that show both it's skills as a flying type and its psychic abilities. No one can criticize it anymore saying it can't battle. It got to get a piece of all 3 of Nando's pokemon and gave it its all. Its just a shame that its only time of using Sky Attack was wasted on the attack failing against Shuckle.

Poor Donphan, ended up being the buttmonkey of the battle, not even managing to hurt Nando's pokemon before it got taken down by Dusknoir.

And Gible finally got a real chance to shine in a major battle, taking down both Shuckle and Dusknoir in an impressive battle. It was great how Ash had used Gibles specialty of biting things as a way to catch both pokemon and give them a point blank Draco Meteor. And speaking of Draco Metoer, its great that he finally mastered it and found an impressive way to use it against both of his opponents.

And the end of the episode really brought things to the boiling point of epic with the return of Gliscor flying in like Charizard. Can't wait to see how much she's improved while away from Ash in training. Wonder if she's learned any new attacks.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
This battle was even more awesome than I thought it was going to be and I had a feeling it would be my favourite battle of the league. The only battle I see topping this is Ash vs the legendary trainer depending on what Pokemon he uses.

I was amoung the people who was really annoyed that Ash's Gible seemed to be a wasted capture since all it did was fail to use Draco Meteor properly and was used as an excuse to give Piplup more screen time.

However in this battle Gible was freaking awesome! Draco Meteor finally being mastered also means my only issue with the little guy is gone. I now really do hope Gible sticks around for Best Wishes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
^ I might've said Gible biting on the opponent was "strategy" which looking back, doesn't make too much sense lol.

I guess I meant it as an unorthodox approach to winning the battle. It wasn't pure strength and it was something more...different you can say.

Which this unorthodox battling was Gible's advantage in this match with all the trickery that Conway displayed in his tactics.

Glad Gible finally got some nice wins. It really hadn't done anything until now so it's cool to see it shine in its own region.

Lol, remember Totodile's only win in the Johto League? It did the exact same thing as Gible. It bit down on Sneasel's claw and won the match by not letting go and slamming it to the ground! xD

Gible = Totodile 2.0

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Ohboyohboyohboy a Conway episode ohboyohboy

-Ash is training Infernape and has it use Flame Wheel, but...it learns Flare Blitz?!
-Conway's eavesdropping on Ash's training! Which...makes sense, really.
-Hey, remember when Cynthia was ordering ice cream but was all indecisive again? Well, relive that experience LEAGUE STYLE! (now with 99% more sandwiches)
-The battle's about to start, and Noctowl gets to fight for the first time since...uh...you know, the only time it fought in an important battle.
-This is going to be a parade of moves the writers never use, isn't it?
-Ash is switching a surprising amount. Guess I can't blame him.
-Bwahahahaha oh god Piplup's face after Gible stops Shuckle's Gyro Ball...and Gible's face after Shuckle fires a Mud Bomb directly into its mouth.
-Lickilicky time!
-This battle officially inspires the best faces.
-I was half expecting Lickilicky to use Earthquake, but Power Whip works too.
-Noctowl used Tractor Beam! It's super effective!
-It sure took them a while to get to using the move that's in the episode title, didn't it?
-They're using Mezase Pokemon Master as the "Ash is gonna win" song? That's...unexpected. You'd think they'd save that shit for the Paul battle, if nothing else. It's also a remix of it that I haven't heard before, and I've heard a lot of the MPM remixes.
-Goddammit Barry don't make me make an avatar out of your face right now.
-Dawn in a shot by herself? Conway incoming in 3...2...wait, maybe not. Are we seriously going to have an entire episode without Conway creeping on Dawn? But HOW?
-Blah blah Paul shows up blah blah tension blah
-Gliscor appears! I remind myself of how thankful I am that this didn't cause too much of a shitstorm!

Great battle, great episode. TR even managed to stay out of the way this time!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This was a great League episode, definitely the best Ash battle in the Sinnoh league this far. They showed every bit of the battle from start to finish and any time Team Rocket had screentime, they weren't interrupting anything and even they had been watching. This is what Ash vs Nando should have been.

The beginning of the episode really would have been a great Red Herring for the people watching the episode if the previews hadn't told us Ash would be using Gible, Noctowl and Donphan in the battle. Him training Infernape with Torterra and Glalie right there made it seem like he'd be using them in the match. It even had Conway fooled to the point that he thought those were Ash's picks for his team. And it was great that Infernape had learned Flare Blitz during the session even giving it a blue color for its flames making it look even cooler.

Noctowl battle amazingly in this battle finally getting a chance to show that it was on the level of power of Swellow and Staraptor, coming back with powerful new attacks like Extrasensory, Air Slash and Sky Attack giving it its own diverse attacks that show both it's skills as a flying type and its psychic abilities. No one can criticize it anymore saying it can't battle. It got to get a piece of all 3 of Nando's pokemon and gave it its all. Its just a shame that its only time of using Sky Attack was wasted on the attack failing against Shuckle.

Poor Donphan, ended up being the buttmonkey of the battle, not even managing to hurt Nando's pokemon before it got taken down by Dusknoir.

And Gible finally got a real chance to shine in a major battle, taking down both Shuckle and Dusknoir in an impressive battle. It was great how Ash had used Gibles specialty of biting things as a way to catch both pokemon and give them a point blank Draco Meteor. And speaking of Draco Metoer, its great that he finally mastered it and found an impressive way to use it against both of his opponents.

And the end of the episode really brought things to the boiling point of epic with the return of Gliscor flying in like Charizard. Can't wait to see how much she's improved while away from Ash in training. Wonder if she's learned any new attacks.

Nando... you mean Conway.

I think Gliscor's male.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
My thoghts on the episode:
-Flare Blitz is blue? It must be really powerful.
-Glad to see that Cynthia is still taking forever to decide what to order.
-A laughed at how after Ash sent out Noctowl everyone's all "OMG! IT'S A SHINY!"
-Gible using Draco Meteor with Shuckle in it's mouth is awesome and hilarious.
-Donphan didn't really do much in this episode, did he?
-The LT scares me.
-Gliscor return the EXACT same way Charizard did.

Now this was a VERY good episode. It had some funny parts and was the thirty minutes of organized chaos that the last two episodes should have been.
9.5/10

NES

Flip me to the side!
Fun episode and one of my new favorite league battles, mostly because Conway was a memorable character for the anime. His pokemon rock too, Dusknoir the most and i'm glad this episode was not like "oh first move is trick room", Conway had some sort of strategy.

Gible shined in this one, and i'm glad. It would suck otherwise, they needed to make it shine since it won't participate in the battle against Paul. Another pokemon missing along Noctowl was Shuckle, we rarely see that thing!

I really really wanted Gible to hit Piplup again with draco meteor along with Dawn and Brock, sadly they stopped this predictable thing :( and also, Conway episode without him stalking Dawn? They better make him appear under her seat the next time!

smpadill

One thing that bothered me was Conway spying on Ash's team, if he was doing that I don't know Japanese so I'm not 100% sure that's true. He 'knew' what pokemon Ash was going to use which to me is cheating. Yes he can look up all 20 or so pokemon Ash has but he shouldn't and can't know which he would be using for the battle right?

Black&White

I LOVED TODAY'S EPISODE! It was the best episode of the Sinnoh League so far.

Here are a few things I didn't like.

Gible defeating two of Conway's Pokemon the exact same way. I know the Draco Meteor didn't finish off Dusknoir, but it was the same method. It was fine with Shuckle, but why did Dusknoir have to go down the same way?

Donphan going down right away. I don't mind this that much, but it would have been nice seeing him get in a few good hits.

Conway using Trick Room in the last battle. It would have been better to use it from the start.

Overall, the episode was awesome. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. Gliscor returning, Ash' shiny Noctowl and Legendary Trainer appearing was awesome.

Blaziryu

I thought this episode was alright. It's cool that Infernape now knows how to do Flare Blitz. Funny how Gible was biting Shuckle & Lickilicky licking Gible.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
One thing that bothered me was Conway spying on Ash's team, if he was doing that I don't know Japanese so I'm not 100% sure that's true. He 'knew' what pokemon Ash was going to use which to me is cheating. Yes he can look up all 20 or so pokemon Ash has but he shouldn't and can't know which he would be using for the battle right?
Unless the League has some "no spying on your opponents while they're training" rule, it's not cheating. Scummy? Possibly, but cheating it isn't. Besides, as we saw, there's no way to truly know what Pokemon someone will use until the battle is underway - the team Conway thought Ash would use turned out to be different from the team Ash *did* use(hence Conway's surprise at the start of the battle).

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, I haven't even seen this episode, and already I'm damn impressed.

Also, I am amazed at how many Pokemon Ash is using from his reserves. I mean, I wasn't even sure of what he'd use, and mainly thought it would be a partial repeat of Hoenn... not at all.

All I can say, is that I'm happy Gible finally got Draco Meteor down. That's going to be of big help later down the road. And on that note, Infernape learning Flare Blitz?! Well, I'll be.

And Glalie is present? Holy... I wasn't expecting this.

Trick Room looks... odd. But at the same time it kind of makes sense. Never was sure of how it would look in the anime, but I have to say it doesn't look half bad (I shouldn't really be talking, considering I've hardly seen it in the game as it is).

Oh, and of course, Gliscor returning.

Ain't this a treat.

C_L

gliscor&yanmega

It's not cheating. In fact it's probably a very strategic thing to do. They have computers that show what Pokemon are being used by who and all that, this is just a step up where you are figuring out what Pokemon will be used in the battle.

Conway wasn't that great at spying it seems since he looked surprised at the choice of Pokemon Ash used.

You may not like it, but it's perfectly legal, therefore not cheating. Unless it is actually against the rules which I doubt very much.