• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Working on a Right Move! (653)

ikusgca

you can say conway was spying but definitely not cheating, when he saw ash used Noctowl as lead he said "according to my data ash would use the pokemon in battle if it learns a new move" so it was surprising ash didnt use Infernape.i think the tournament allows you to spy on your opponent but to be honest, the target audiences of the show is kids, so dont be over serious about that.

i love the idea playing that BGM at the end of the battle which made me so hot-blood !!!
long time no hear, wonder which song will be playing during ash and pauls' battle

i was so excited when ash told oak that he is waiting his 6th member, the only thing came up in my mind was Charizard, ohh yeahhhhh who cares the other fire type Infernape, we need Charizard !!!! what a disappointment.... but well, look forward to next episode ~~~

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
If spying was cheating they wouldn't have a database of all the Pokemon each trainer has registered for the league.

Char

7 Inches Of Fun
Ash won't make it past the Top 4 if he faces the Darkrai trainer, because of the genericness of the other 4 people in the Top 8 that he could face in the finals :(.

uber gon

Accept Change
Sometimes I wonder how Cynthia could be the Champion even though she seems kind of indecisive.

Meh at least Noctowl got to be awesome.

AshxMay4Life

On a bulbapedia page it said not exactly this but somewhere around "Ash will be fighting Darkrai in the semifinals" no joke look up "Darkrai" on bulbapedia and near the bottom of the thread it should say something like that. Ash'll probably make the Top 4 this time. Unless they pull a Battle Frontier and make his pokemon super powered and kill everything.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Sometimes I wonder how Cynthia could be the Champion even though she seems kind of indecisive.

Meh at least Noctowl got to be awesome.
With that Garchomp of hers she can afford to be indecisive.

And yea, I'd say this episode should put an end to those who say Noctowl doesn't compare to Swellow and Staraptor.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm glad we got an episode like this, as it proved that both Gible and Noctowl are worthwhile Pokemon. Ash's gutsy little swallow isn't looking so great anymore is it? ;)

Anyway, there's something that bugs me for some unknown reason... Gliscor flew in 'ala Charizard', when we all saw Ash hand over it's Pokeball to the Air Master. Now Charizard flying in and Squirtle coming by motorcycle are always understandable, as Ash never handed over their Pokeball's to Liza or Jenny (meaning Oak has them). But Gliscor? It should've either been delivered, or have it's Pokeball with it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok well I loved how the episode started with Brock helping Ash practice. I thought Infernape was going to get taken over by it's Blaze ability at first but that didn't happen; he kept himself under control which shows that Ash has improved as a trainer aswell. I was surprised to see Barry acting so kind, usually he's in a rush or he's trying to belittle Ash lol. Conway's little spying act made me think he was a cheater but there's nothing in the rules that says you can't studying and observe an opponent before battle. Team Rocket appeared to be selling things again as they do in every League so far but I was surprised to see Cynthia there also, apparently with kids. Interesting to see how hard decision making is for her :S

The battle started between Ash and Conway finally started in the grass field and I was pleased to see Paul observing too (and Cynthia eating ice cream). Conway's Shuckle was an odd choice for a battle but I loved the new sparkle animation for when Noctowl was released from the Pokeball. Shuckle's Withdraw strategy paid off, I can't believe Noctowl was thrown back! It surprised me more that Air Slash failed to damage Shuckle; Shuckle's Gyro Ball attack hit dead on! Ash had to switch out with Donphan and I thought Rollout was the best plan, until Gyro Ball knocked Donphan off course. That Shuckle was too good. Gible was chosen next and it actually caught Shuckle in it's jaws? Odd but it proved effective. Shuckle's Sludge Bomb trick was nasty though, it looked like Gible was vomiting...

Gible launched Shuckle into the air with Draco Meteor effectively and ended that battle. I can't believe Gible's gotten this good! Conway's Lickilicky was next and it literally licked Gible. I loved the expression on Gible's face too! Lickilicky's tongue even foiled Gible's Dig which is almost unheard of. Loved to see Gible returned and Noctowl back on the field and I loved how even Lickilicky's Power Whip utilizing it's tongue couldn't reach Noctowl. But then I was like, what the hell?! Since when does Lickilicky know an Electric type move?! Noctowl then used a new move, Extrasensory to pull Lickilicky in and toss it around, it was like a Psychic version of Seismic Toss. Glad Lickilicky was out of the way now, it was getting annoying. Conway seemed shocked but Team Rocket was happy. Why were they so glad? I thought they hated Ash...

Next it was Conway's Dusknoir up for the battle against Noctowl. I didn't think it would be that strong, but I was wrong. It used Trick Room to distort space and time and reverse the speed of all Pokemon. Kinda bad. A single Thunderpunch knocked out my favorite bird Pokemon, Noctowl and I was in tears. Shadow Punch hit Donphan hard but just when Ash wanted to switch out, Dusknoir used Mean Look to seal Donphan. Gible was next but Dusknoir forced it through the dirt with Shadow Punch. I was nervous that Ash would really lose this one, but he pulled through. Gible bit Dusknoir's hand and sent it flying with Draco Meteor and then followed up with Dragon Pulse; amazing! Loved how the first Pokemon Opening music played just as Ash won. Then, it was confirmed that Ash and Paul would battle so I was reall excited to see that. A great battle, a 10/10 meaning it was perfect.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm glad we got an episode like this, as it proved that both Gible and Noctowl are worthwhile Pokemon. Ash's gutsy little swallow isn't looking so great anymore is it? ;)

Anyway, there's something that bugs me for some unknown reason... Gliscor flew in 'ala Charizard', when we all saw Ash hand over it's Pokeball to the Air Master. Now Charizard flying in and Squirtle coming by motorcycle are always understandable, as Ash never handed over their Pokeball's to Liza or Jenny (meaning Oak has them). But Gliscor? It should've either been delivered, or have it's Pokeball with it.

Maybe Gliscor has it somewhere on it's body or the writers forgot about it. Next episode Ash will probably have it's Pokeball with him. We didn't see it's claws so it could have it in there though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ok well I loved how the episode started with Brock helping Ash practice. I thought Infernape was going to get taken over by it's Blaze ability at first but that didn't happen; he kept himself under control which shows that Ash has improved as a trainer aswell. I was surprised to see Barry acting so kind, usually he's in a rush or he's trying to belittle Ash lol. Conway's little spying act made me think he was a cheater but there's nothing in the rules that says you can't studying and observe an opponent before battle. Team Rocket appeared to be selling things again as they do in every League so far but I was surprised to see Cynthia there also, apparently with kids. Interesting to see how hard decision making is for her :S

The battle started between Ash and Conway finally started in the grass field and I was pleased to see Paul observing too (and Cynthia eating ice cream). Conway's Shuckle was an odd choice for a battle but I loved the new sparkle animation for when Noctowl was released from the Pokeball. Shuckle's Withdraw strategy paid off, I can't believe Noctowl was thrown back! It surprised me more that Air Slash failed to damage Shuckle; Shuckle's Gyro Ball attack hit dead on! Ash had to switch out with Donphan and I thought Rollout was the best plan, until Gyro Ball knocked Donphan off course. That Shuckle was too good. Gible was chosen next and it actually caught Shuckle in it's jaws? Odd but it proved effective. Shuckle's Sludge Bomb trick was nasty though, it looked like Gible was vomiting...

Gible launched Shuckle into the air with Draco Meteor effectively and ended that battle. I can't believe Gible's gotten this good! Conway's Lickilicky was next and it literally licked Gible. I loved the expression on Gible's face too! Lickilicky's tongue even foiled Gible's Dig which is almost unheard of. Loved to see Gible returned and Noctowl back on the field and I loved how even Lickilicky's Power Whip utilizing it's tongue couldn't reach Noctowl. But then I was like, what the hell?! Since when does Lickilicky know an Electric type move?! Noctowl then used a new move, Extrasensory to pull Lickilicky in and toss it around, it was like a Psychic version of Seismic Toss. Glad Lickilicky was out of the way now, it was getting annoying. Conway seemed shocked but Team Rocket was happy. Why were they so glad? I thought they hated Ash...

Next it was Conway's Dusknoir up for the battle against Noctowl. I didn't think it would be that strong, but I was wrong. It used Trick Room to distort space and time and reverse the speed of all Pokemon. Kinda bad. A single Thunderpunch knocked out my favorite bird Pokemon, Noctowl and I was in tears. Shadow Punch hit Donphan hard but just when Ash wanted to switch out, Dusknoir used Mean Look to seal Donphan. Gible was next but Dusknoir forced it through the dirt with Shadow Punch. I was nervous that Ash would really lose this one, but he pulled through. Gible bit Dusknoir's hand and sent it flying with Draco Meteor and then followed up with Dragon Pulse; amazing! Loved how the first Pokemon Opening music played just as Ash won. Then, it was confirmed that Ash and Paul would battle so I was reall excited to see that. A great battle, a 10/10 meaning it was perfect.

That wasn't Blaze. That was Flre Blitz.

Sparklingwater

On a bulbapedia page it said not exactly this but somewhere around "Ash will be fighting Darkrai in the semifinals" no joke look up "Darkrai" on bulbapedia and near the bottom of the thread it should say something like that. Ash'll probably make the Top 4 this time. Unless they pull a Battle Frontier and make his pokemon super powered and kill everything.

Please provide link?

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
If Ash has to face the trainer with Darkrai, he could really use Charizard. I know we won't be seeing it - but seriously, he'll need some serious power for that battle!

And Infernape is the one that is fire/fighting? And Heracross is the bug/fighting? And Noctowl has insomnia?

If Ash could still rely on power over strategy, Charizard would have swept Brandon. Plot power would make Zard lose to Magikarp :(

Jorah

What do I put here?
They changed Donphan's voice but at least they got to show Ash's alternate color Noctowl. I liked how Gible defeated Shuckle using Draco Meteor. I enjoyed seeing Noctowl win a match here. It was never treated very well in Johto. Trick Room was interesting to see. This is the best battle by far really in the Sinnoh League.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I say, the Sinnoh League is getting a lot more exciting and the battles get more epic.

Cynthia at Team Rocket's booth, and being undecisive with choosing what food to eat, was hilarious. xD I remember she did that back in Season 10 once at their Ice Cream stand. Oh I love Cynthia.

It was cool that Infernape learned Flare Blitz, so I assume well see that soon, as he didn't use him like it was assumed so at the beginning.

Ash's Noctowl was a favorite this episode; it got to battle all of Conways Pokemon and it took town Lickilicky with Extrasensory. Along with Air Slash an Sky Attack, Noctowl was beast today!

Sadly Donphan couldnt land a win, and getting defeated after Mean Look (while trying to be recalled) with Shadow Punch, was a hard beating.

Conway seems to have focused a lot on strategies, along with using a great example such as Shuckle. Withdraw + Power Trick = Big Trouble. At least Noctowl survived Gyro Ball following. I laughed in excitment when it used Sluge Bomb in Gibles Mouth when it was caught by the shell. GROSS. XD

When Lickilicky used its Tough to lick Gible everywhere, it just got a lot more disturbing. Way to go Conway... anyways, Lickilicky was quite powerful with its Tongue to launch Gible out of the ground using Dig.

Dusknoir was a true beast though, with the ultimate strategy: Trick Room. I thought it was a Slaughter Room instead, when it was at full speed with ThunderPunch to Noctowl's face, and a Mean Look/Shadow Punch bomb on Donphan. Conway impressed me a lot more at this part of the battle.

Ash's Gible was the best today. Plus Draco Meteor was a steal! I loved it when Gible caught Shuckle by the Shell, pure awesomeness. And later caught Dusknoir's Shadow Punch. Once it used Draco Meteor to launch Shuckle out, and the same with Dusknoir, it was amazing! "The Ultimate Challenge" played in the background was a great add in, and really pumped up the moment.

And now, Ash takes victory from a great Round 3 battle! I didn't think battles could get this exciting, but I shouldn't ever expect the unexpected. There are still times in the anime that get me excited from some sweet surprises. This was a great match up!

Next week, the Top 8 awaits us. And it's Ash VS Paul for sure! Plus, we see Tobias's identity for the first time, when the match ups for Round 4 were being revealed. Arrgh, I can't wait for Ash VS Paul. ^^

Lastly, the end of the episode got me more excited, the return of good ol' Gliscor. :D I'm happy to see that silly guy back for the League; and the most important part, for what's to come.

SmartD

It was a great episode. It was nice to see Ash's Noctowl used for the battle. And Trick Room looks interesting. As for the battle, it was a great one. I can't wait for Ash and Paul's battle.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Gotta love how Delia did not come to support Ash lol

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Gotta love how Delia did not come to support Ash lol

She didn't come for the Hoenn league either. It's too far away. The Indigo League was well within driving distance, and Silver Town wasn't that far away either. Hoenn and Sinnoh both required a boat to reach. I wouldn't hold it against her to not be there. Although, Oak did say he couldn't make it because he was too busy at the lab.

Was anyone else intensely bothered by the lack of volume that The Ultimate Challenge had? I couldn't make out more than "Friends to the end" or something like that. Everything going on garbled the vocals.

The original had the 2001 Movie Remix of Aim to Be A Pokemon Master play when Gible was beating Dusknoir. Ours would've been the Pokemon 4Ever extended version of Born to Be A Winner. The Johto League Champions theme had "JOH-TO!" said throughout the song, however the extended version didn't. Ultimate Challenge might've been better if we could actually *hear* it, though.