• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Working on my capture team

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbeet

Looking for two more Pokemon to add to my capture team (doubles are fine)
I'll be trying for high sos and legendary Pokemon mostly with this team

What i have
2;359;Absol ability Pressure Both have T-Wave, False Swipe, Thief/ then one has Aerial Ace and the other has Rock Tomb
[i also use them to item hunt so thief, both Aerial Ace and Rock Tomb solid pp, ok damage and are no stab for when my team is max level]
2:518:Musharna ability Synchronize (one modest the other adamant) Both are dual screen-ers with Hypnosis, one with Psychic and the other Shadow Ball

For the last two i was think of breeding a wall with good typing and reliable recovery and a faster physical wall breaker that can learn false swipe with a stab that is a common resisted

ideas?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Looking for two more Pokemon to add to my capture team (doubles are fine)
I'll be trying for high sos and legendary Pokemon mostly with this team

What i have
2;359;Absol ability Pressure Both have T-Wave, False Swipe, Thief/ then one has Aerial Ace and the other has Rock Tomb
[i also use them to item hunt so thief, both Aerial Ace and Rock Tomb solid pp, ok damage and are no stab for when my team is max level]
2:518:Musharna ability Synchronize (one modest the other adamant) Both are dual screen-ers with Hypnosis, one with Psychic and the other Shadow Ball

For the last two i was think of breeding a wall with good typing and reliable recovery and a faster physical wall breaker that can learn false swipe with a stab that is a common resisted

ideas?

a klefki with recycle/heal block and aguav type berry are some good options. thats how i caught tapu fini and avoided it from getting back HP with aqua ring. it may not be a wall breaker or fast pokemon but it should be able to sponge attacks and recycle the berry so you dont waste a turn healing its HP.

i also personally like a calm bellossom with gastro acid to stop its ability from being active but there are other moves you can use for that ie skill swap.

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster

ideas?

If you want a powerful false swipe, I usually go with pinsir personally. There are a ton of bulky pokemon that can be sustained with potions rather htan PP dependent moves in-game too. But unaware is a great ability. Often you can find yourself throwing 30 ultra balls at a pokemon with swords dance and then it sweeps your team. But with the unaware ability, even if a wild pokemon has lots of time to set up, it won't do it any good. I'd recommend clefable specifically. You might also want to consider something with taunt or heal block for legendaries and high-level captures like Tapu Fini with passive recovery so you can keep their PP down.

Also, one problem with Absol is that its pressure ability can cause pokemon to use all their PP, struggle and then KO themselves too quickly, so if the random number gods decide they hate you that day, you might have to do a lot of soft resetting.

Generally, if you're just trying to capture normal pokemon you'll be fine with false swipe, a sleep or paralysis move and some ultra balls. Or just some quick balls. If its a special pokemon like a legendary or an ultra beast, tailor your team to the specific pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.