• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World of Warcraft

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
I haven't been able to do Firelands yet. I'm trying to get the caster staff from Archaeology. Hasn't been going too well, keep getting commons. I have 18 of the 26 rares. It's weird that all the Bloodthirsty gear was changed into crafting stuff. I got all the jewelry stuff for my JC. The Molten Front stuff is interesting. The Thrall questline was annoying. But worth it in the end.

~Ayra~;267;

Hello, I started playing wow this year after college was over (If I had done it any earlier I would have failed my course o_O) I am a lv 55 Night Elf Hunter and I have a fondness for rare spawns (just like I have a fondness for rare pokemon I guess :p) However I'm not the kind of person to get all upset if someone beats me to the taming of them.

I don't know whether this post will make you dislike me or not but something I thought was pretty funny happened today and it involves a rare spawn.

I was doing the Winterspring quests for the smoking camp who love food and it came to the one to kill Shy-Rotam and when I went to her location I was surprised to see a white lion, fast asleep under the rock, he wasn't there before so I looked him up and I was unfortunate to find old info on him (his name being Sian-Rotam) before he got turned into a rare spawn with a timer so I thought he still only appeared when you accept the quest for Shy-Rotam. I had no room to tame a beast so my plan was to kill him, abandon the quest and go back, restart and then tame him.

LOL so yeah I killed a rare spawn (nice experience boost though) and it wouldn't have been that bad if a lv85 hunter hadn't turned up like two mins later going "wtf... you killed him!"

I was just like "Yeah i'll get him back" then he said Sian-Rotam had like a 4 hour re-spawn and I was like "oops" but you know I did do my research and the internet failed me it's not like I mindlessly blundered in there and went "Ooh lion i'll kill you" also it was unfortunate that he appeared for the first time for me when I had started that quest. Easy mistake to make for someone who isn't a total expert and hasn't been playing for that long.

Oh and there's only one other Cat with this skin and colouring and it's a Hoard only quest. ._.

I apologised to the guy and stuff and he said it was cool but then he made a dig at me by going "I bet you're a girl". Now usually this wouldn't mean anythng to me but he was most likely calling me stupid because of my gender and nothing else. Also this roughly translates as "girls cannot be good gamers" This got me a little annoyed but ohwell he shouldn't be a crybaby, I mean Sian-Rotam will eventually return. He then sat down as if to camp the thing out, I left I had better things to do.

But I went back later to see if he was still there while collecting herbs and yes I saw him running around with a big red spider so I assumed he hadn't found the lion. This was roughly 4 hours after I had killed the poor thing. Then a thought came into my head "What if I tamed Sian-Rotam? That would really annoy that guy and would serve him right for his comment."

The lion wasn't there though so I just decided to leave it till another day, I have seemingly good luck for finding rare spawns. Loads have turned up just on the random (or I just find easy ones :p)
I went back to the blasted lands and done some quests, then because I wanted to start off in Winterspring to do my winterpsring cub daily quest next time I was on I travelled back just before I got kicked off for my fiance to have a turn. I went back to the rock for yet more herbs (Icecap sell well on auction) and that lv85 wasn't there, neither was Sian-Rotam, this was now about 5/6 hours after the initial killing. I just decided to stop on top of the rock where the saber trainer as I assumed the hunter tamed the Lion and left.

I was literally at the point of exiting the game when I moused over the dots (you know, last ditch hope) on my map and saw:
"Winterspring Cub"
"Winterspring Cub"
"Shy-Rotam"
"Sian-Rotam"
It took a moment to realise I had read that right. I was so surprised and amused by yet again my luck with rare spawns.

I then went to tame him, nearly died because of fear and Shy-Rotam, plus two young frost sabers joined in. That's four big cats savaging me! Killed the young'uns and Shy and luckily when I went to tame Sian a second time he didn't use fear and I now have a pretty white lion in my collection!

But of course the best thing for me is that I one upped that lv85, he wasn't there though. It's not like I stole it off him when he was still camping it out, I'm not that much of a troll. Shame he didn't show up afterwards, would have loved rubbing it in.

Tl;dr - Guy was rude to me after I made a mistake by killing a rare spawn lion instead of taming it or leaving for someone else to tame, I then proceded to tame the lion when the guy wasn't there. Serves him right.

So now i'm just doing quests, looting, selling and using the auction house to grind enough exp and money to get the flying mount, flying skill and liscence to fly everywhere excluding Cold Weather places. I'm going to buy the white Gryphon =3 It's nicer than the others imo.

EDIT: Jesus that is a huge post... sorry, I like detail.
EDIT2: You know what? Killing Sian the first time got me a decent piece of equipment, it was either a good sell or it it actually helped my character so killing it can be a good thing.

Lol Started up today and right away saw Rak'shiri walking about. So I ditched a pet and tamed her. I know it has the same colouration as Shy-Rotam, but there's something more satisfying about taming a rare spawn even when it has a matching skin to another mob.

Last edited:

Validus

I've recently started playing, I'm currently level 28, and i'm a Worgen Restoration Druid. I'll trying to level up as fast as possible to obtain flight form.

I'm quite enjoying the game, i have noticed it's best when played with others. i hope to use my engineeruing skill to construct things for my fellow guild members. I'm with "Tricks of the Trade", i was invited to join them before even leaving my starter area.

"Best played with others" That haunts me because I've solo'd every aspect of the game so far. I've joined a guild but i'm never on when the rest of them are. Now I wish I had a friend to play with but everyone I know is on a different realm or the opposite faction. They refuse to pay the £10 transfer to come join me and I refuse to join them because their realm has more people on it and as a hunter who enjoys collecting rare pets that is a very bad thing.

I did meet one player who was willing to quest with me but he was lv 43 and I was lv 62... can't really progress with him sharing my exp and he can't come to outland where I was based at that point.

char char

Professional Shut-In
Pretty active through Wrath of the Lich King, then cata came out and ruined everything for me. I don't know why but Cata just kinda took away some aspect that i enjoyed. I started playing runescape, but that's only fun for a few days until you have to level up skills. And whoever said runescape has a better story than WoW... obviously you haven't looked into WoW lore much.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
I enjoy PvE in WoW very much, so much that I play several roles. I play every single tank (Warrior, Paladin, Druid and Death Knight), I play a priest healer, and a rogue DPS. Anyone else raided Firelands yet? It is amazing!