• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World Trade Center won't be rebuilt by 2011

Sird

Johto native
Article.

Reconstruction of the World Trade Center site is over budget and won't be finished by the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that destroyed the twin towers, the owners reported Monday.
"The rebuilding effort is not where it should be," says New York Gov. David Paterson.
"While significant progress has been made, the schedule and cost estimates of the rebuilding effort that have been communicated to the public are not realistic," Christopher Ward, executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, wrote in a letter to New York Gov. David Paterson.

Aww, I was hoping to see the Freedom Tower soon...

Discuss.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I hope that you're all aware that this is letting the terrorists win. New York, you should be ashamed.

Andywoo

Banned
Its effectively a kick in the nuts for the people who died. 'We'll remember you by rebuilding a tower which is known for attacks wile will take your bodies and dump them somewhere else where no one gives a damn where they are'.

Let the flamming against me officially begin

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I think Freedom Tower is a pretty creepy name to be honest.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I thought they had decided on not building anything there?? shows how much i watch the news it's too depressing.Do they have designs for it yet??? links would be wonderful, i'm looking on google and can't find jack.

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
I agree with Ursaloom, wont they get attacked again?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Its effectively a kick in the nuts for the people who died. 'We'll remember you by rebuilding a tower which is known for attacks wile will take your bodies and dump them somewhere else where no one gives a damn where they are'.
uh, they'll dump the bodies regardless. i don't see your point.

but honestly, who cares?

Aggron95

tildes gonna tilde~
The Twin Towers were unimportant to New York. All they provided was office space, which is easy to come by. They weren't beautiful or historic. This new Freedom Tower will be the same thing. So: big fucking deal. There are better things to spend money on.

The Composer

The Composer
I personally had hoped that they would be built by then, but I'm not totally crushed because they won't be. I don't think that Freedom Tower is creepy...but it does sound a bit like something that would be in a Pokemon game. Just a thought.

Dattebayo

Banned
I think the World Trade Center won't be finished at all after 2011 because 2012 is where the end of the world begins, like what Rex911 said in his post.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
I agree with Ursaloom, wont they get attacked again?

Same as going "Why fight back, won't I just get hit again?". Stop being a pussy about things.

It's a shame this thing won't get built up soon. Although, it's not like our government has the extra money to spend on it, amirite?