• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World Trigger

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Tried a few eps, too slapstick for me. The main character has the drive but no strength to speak of. His weakneswould be ok but they still insist on the light heart comedy. I prefer a more serious tone for a series. The concept is good but not enough for me to follow thru with.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Tried a few eps, too slapstick for me. The main character has the drive but no strength to speak of. His weakneswould be ok but they still insist on the light heart comedy. I prefer a more serious tone for a series. The concept is good but not enough for me to follow thru with.

It's gotten more serious recently, Yuma still has his comedic moments but he's still a threat to the border agency which is cool.

nuzamaki90

I've been watching since episode 6 and it's one of my "literally can't wait until Saturday" animes

Since I've never read the manga, I'm pretty hype for whoever are the mysterious group at the end of the most recent episode. At first glance they reminded me of the Akatsuki

Haunter ゴースト

I've been watching since episode 6 and it's one of my "literally can't wait until Saturday" animes

Since I've never read the manga, I'm pretty hype for whoever are the mysterious group at the end of the most recent episode. At first glance they reminded me of the Akatsuki

I agree same here.

It's not as intriguing for, i think a bit of drama/darkness added would make it better, but i still enjoy watching it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
if anything that irked me early on in the series was the short character from the other side (forgot name, yuma???) that used his the main character's trigger and demolished the opponent. its the part where he acted silly and the main character took the benefit for the kill. i couldnt take that part and where the crowd all praised the other guy. ive seen a few series where the remain light hearted and take little to no injuries/death. though M3 series is a dark series but its just dull and hard to watch.

i have that sort of anime that i cant wait for each week: Cross Ange. sure the there's a lot of fan service but the series doesnt sugar coat realites of war.

Haunter ゴースト

if anything that irked me early on in the series was the short character from the other side (forgot name, yuma???) that used his the main character's trigger and demolished the opponent. its the part where he acted silly and the main character took the benefit for the kill. i couldnt take that part and where the crowd all praised the other guy. ive seen a few series where the remain light hearted and take little to no injuries/death. though M3 series is a dark series but its just dull and hard to watch.

i have that sort of anime that i cant wait for each week: Cross Ange. sure the there's a lot of fan service but the series doesnt sugar coat realites of war.

Obviously i don't want to spoil anything but it isn't too major = There are consequences/guilt issues with him taking the credit from Yuma later in the series.

And also, it has become more serious now - it's still light hearted in a sense but their is some drama and death.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Obviously i don't want to spoil anything but it isn't too major = There are consequences/guilt issues with him taking the credit from Yuma later in the series.

And also, it has become more serious now - it's still light hearted in a sense but their is some drama and death.

i can image that, for protecting him has obvious reasons ie confidence and or general security.

as for the tone, i usually get into it after a few episodes. what gets my attention is more or a hidden conspiracy/ dark truth one doesnt want exposed. Higurashi, Shiki, Another, Ookami Kakushi come to mind though they're labled psychological horror for good reasons. most of the time the light hearted series dont want to delve that far and it remains a minor reason for the shadow play.

i might pick it up later if gets halfway to a psycological/horror secret but i didnt sense too much mystery yet. even a dark ulterior motive as to why the other world is encroaching among that would be decent given the truth behind it. i liked what they pulled off in Cross Ange mid season after they got most of the fan service over with.

yuma's face for some reason annoys the hell out of me when he gives that fish face.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

i can image that, for protecting him has obvious reasons ie confidence and or general security.

as for the tone, i usually get into it after a few episodes. what gets my attention is more or a hidden conspiracy/ dark truth one doesnt want exposed. Higurashi, Shiki, Another, Ookami Kakushi come to mind though they're labled psychological horror for good reasons. most of the time the light hearted series dont want to delve that far and it remains a minor reason for the shadow play.

i might pick it up later if gets halfway to a psycological/horror secret but i didnt sense too much mystery yet. even a dark ulterior motive as to why the other world is encroaching among that would be decent given the truth behind it. i liked what they pulled off in Cross Ange mid season after they got most of the fan service over with.

Fair enough it's completely up to you. Any questions feel free to ask.

yuma's face for some reason annoys the hell out of me when he gives that fish face.

Jesus, i agree with this so much. It annoys the hell out of me, it's not funny and it's not even neccessary really.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Fair enough it's completely up to you. Any questions feel free to ask.

Jesus, i agree with this so much. It annoys the hell out of me, it's not funny and it's not even neccessary really.

fish face was OK the first 2 times he did it, anything more than that is just excessive. i cant understand that, he doesnt even say a joke or act oblivious on purpose, he just shows that face.

diakyu

Resurrecting this thread from the dead because I gotta find some people on this forum to convert to this amazing manga. It coming off of hiatus finally convinced me to read it and I honestly just think it's real good. Likely the best new long running shonen out there. I just finished chapter 103 and I'm still in the middle of the B-rank wars but all these fights are really interesting with all the strategies at play.