• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irith_Locke

Pk THUNDER!
It's been nearly two decades since the end of the Cold War. Now, people are still talking about the possibility of a third world war, most notably ensuing from a possible war in the middle east.

My question to you is: Are world conflicts on the scale of WW1 and WW2 possible in today's world of globalization and interdependent economies? Could (for instance) the U.S. and China go to war when their economies are so intertwined? But could they remain neutral if China was allied with Middle Eastern countries that the U.S. was against because of its alliance with Israel?

I'm of the opinion that world superpowers won't go to war, but more localized conflicts could occur. I.E. China-India war (though motivation for that is questionable).

What are your thoughts?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My question to you is: Are world conflicts on the scale of WW1 and WW2 possible in today's world of globalization and interdependent economies?

The answer is in M.A.I.N.: Military, Alliance, Imperialism, Nationalism. Everyone wants power, and it all starts with these four. This was the main cause for WWI and with Fascism for WWII. Eventually, someone will want more territory and will risk a war that involves other countries. It's what Hitler did when he invaded Poland.

Could (for instance) the U.S. and China go to war when their economies are so intertwined?

Maybe. China's economy is starting to fall and may want more resources. My mother says this is a wonderful thing when we kept hearing about toy call-backs about lead. She believes they may be rebelling, which may help in the fall of communism. And why the boycott about the Olympics?

But could they remain neutral if China was allied with Middle Eastern countries that the U.S. was against because of its alliance with Israel?

Is the "they" the Superpowers?

Maybe, maybe not. The United States is basically the only country left supporting Israel, as the United Kingdom is now giving up on them. There will come a day when we pull away from alliance with Israel, leaving it to stand alone in this conflict revolving around them. However, until that time, United States will help defend this country.

In conclusion, yes, there will, and is a World War III. It may not involve China and the U.S., but with the Middle East, it truely does. As long as bloodshed continues, it's a war. I'm not very worried, it was prophesied in the Biblical times there would be wars and rumors of wars. However, I am concerned about our own country's failing economy.

But what happens during this time will eventually get better. Things must get worse first.

Anything is possible. With depleting resources and religious interference, expect it to start off in the Middle East.

America...Israel...Iran...Afghanistan...Iraq...North Korea...China...these are all possible participants.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
If the genocide in Darfur expands, if North Korea decides to begin using nuclear weapons in a battle, if some of the Middle-Eastern situations (Iraq, Afganistan, Israel) collapse, there certainly is a chance of another World War. Let's face it, some of the listed things are likely not to occur, but there are all kinds of situations in the world where if one goes just a bit overboard, we could plunge into World War III.

It seems that these days, there are all kinds of problems that could go overboard if another doesn't. As soon as we fix a problem, or at least think that it is fixed, another springs up. While we're fixing that problem, the previous problem that we thought had been resolved erupts into the fray once again.

dubiOUS

The way I see it is: Someone with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s philosophies will gain power in the Ayatollah, and bomb Israel. Israel will of course, retaliate by attacking Iran. Syria will then ally itself with Iran, as well as the Islamic terrorist groups. The United States would, after some possible issues in congress, ally itself with Israel.

If Japan involves itself in this war, it will most definitely ally itself with the US and Israel. I’m not sure about Turkey. It may switch sides like Italy did in WWII. Russia will probably not directly announce an alliance with Iran, but they will provide supplies to them. They’re that cozy. Though where China’s in this, I have no clue. Well, Taiwan could ally itself with the US in order to gain independence, and China will attack Taiwan because they want it back…

Then there’s Venezuela, which will declare support to Iran, and Iran could use this to their advantage and use Venezuela’s location to attack the US.

Smaller countries will then align themselves with either the US and Israel or with Iran and its allies.

Basically, the cards will all come into place, and we’ll have ourselves a WWIII on our hands. Add a natural disaster to the mix, and we’ve got ourselves the end to civilization as we know it.

Who’s up for building a secret hyperstructure in Antarctica?

Kutie Pie said:
And why the boycott about the Olympics?

The boycott of the Beijing Olympics is about China's environmental policy. I heard that in some places, people have to wear masks because the air quality is so bad.

Last edited:

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
Japan Cant really do anything Becuase they dont really have a TRUE Military&hasnt since WWII.Im not exactly sure what its called but its from some kind of pact or treaty that stated japan couldnt be allowed to have its own military but the U.S would protect them.

eh nvm that.

anyways this Kind of relates to my thread somewere around this debate forum.(Israel Bombing Iran)

If WWIII were to start Im sure it would erupt from the middle east &probably be caused by Iran-Israel Conflict that wuld eventually spread drawing in other nations&Terror Groups. earlier today infact Iran Test fired 9 Ballistic Missles wich no one even knew they made this advanced missle with 1 ton warheads...to go along with it Russia threatend Military action On the U.S if they build this anti missle system In Europe...funny thing is the U.S is still going to go along and create the system...so No telling what may happen soon.

Id say the closest thing comming In a military like conflict will be with Iran someway&possibly before the new President takes seat in the White House.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The boycott of the Beijing Olympics is about China's environmental policy. I heard that in some places, people have to wear masks because the air quality is so bad.

Wow, that's very intense O_O. I'll have to check into that, I don't remember hearing it on the news.

BigLutz

Banned

Boycotting the Olympics is going to do nothing to change China's Environmental Policy. All it is going to do is hurt the Chinese Public and galvanize them around their Government. Instead go there, visit during the Opening Ceramonies, and speak out about China's Environmental Policies and how they hide behind their "Developing Nation" status to polute all they want.

Anyway back on topic in a World War 3 situation, you most likely would see Iran versus Isreal with the terror groups wrapped around Iran. But I don't think we would see the US as the biggest ally to Isreal. I think the EU would be the nation that would be on the front lines the most. The EU has been the biggest advocate against Iran's nuclear program, and they have alot more to fear of a Nuclear Iran than the United States which is already war weary.

Of course China and Russia would side with Iran, but would face a economic backlash from the allied countries. ( That is if we consider Russia, Iran, and China a new evil Axis ).

But anyway this could really repeat the history of the first two World Wars, where Europe is the first on the front line, with the United States possibly ramping up the war effort several years after the start of the war.

dubiOUS

Japan Cant really do anything Becuase they dont really have a TRUE Military&hasnt since WWII.Im not exactly sure what its called but its from some kind of pact or treaty that stated japan couldnt be allowed to have its own military but the U.S would protect them.

Oh, I had forgotten about that…. I thought I heard something about Japan doing something about their defense. Maybe that was another thing….

Kutie Pie said:
Wow, that's very intense O_O. I'll have to check into that, I don't remember hearing it on the news.
Yeah, my mom’s a member of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund), and she told me about the boycott.

Jazmin (Jasmine)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFLES!
A third world war?
Naw, Iraq's looking pretty bad but I doubt it's going to turn into the next World War.

BigLutz

Banned
A third world war?
Naw, Iraq's looking pretty bad but I doubt it's going to turn into the next World War.

I hope you are talking about Iran, becuase Iraq is doing amazing right now.

ironknight42

WWIII is at this time unlikly I don't think a world war could occur unless the use and either China or Russia went to war. I see no threat from China a Russia is just starting to recover but we all must keep are eyes on Putin with his efforts to become Prime Minister. Like it is said in TIME New Tsar of Russia and if he is made the person of the year you always have to watch them.

Regan

Banned
WWIII most probably wouldn't happen. Many of the forces the US is in conflict right now don't actually have an offical army, and when they do, they tend to be fighting alongside the US. The only thing i could forsee in the near future that could possibly set off a word war would be Russia getting upset about the US anti missle silo's being built on their land/borders. North Korea seems to have settled down, and Iran hasn't escalated to that level yet. Regardless, a world war these days would be the end of man, so we might as well just hope for the best.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
i hope that every country fights in it. i didnt like how some countries didnt fight in ww2

ironknight42

"i hope that every country fights in it. i didnt like how some countries didnt fight in ww2"
Everyone fighting is a bad thing, you don't want that to happan, if your going to think about it rationaly it doesn't make sense.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Seeing as how it involves nuclear weapons,the only way we could have WWIII is if some deranged nation ignores all of its dangers.That or robots take over and destroy us

BlastoiseEX

"i hope that every country fights in it. i didnt like how some countries didnt fight in ww2"
Everyone fighting is a bad thing, you don't want that to happan, if your going to think about it rationaly it doesn't make sense.

Well, it wouldnt be a world war if most of the world was missing out. But then again, about a billion people might die.

Irith_Locke

Pk THUNDER!
Well, it wouldnt be a world war if most of the world was missing out. But then again, about a billion people might die.

A billion people aren't dying unless it turns into a nuclear war/ lasts for decades. And that's assuming we'll really have a world war.
I doubt there being a world war, because I just don't see China going to war against us, or alongside us. And I wouldn't call it a world war if China wasn't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.