• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Now I'm having ideas of an army of zombie nazis taking over the world and... yeah, that's about it... I wasn't really listening into the debate here. How about some Roswell, nazi UFO's or aliens.

Anywho, I don't see any invasions of Canada anytime soon, I mean it is the country that they have their relatives go to so America doesn't hurt them. (I'm just kidding with you.)

I don't think it will turn out to be WWIII, more like "America kicks the **** out of (insert country here)"

df006

Well,depleting resources may force the United States to start a war itself-plus,with the Arab countries holding the threat of no oil over the world,I wound not be surprised if they would want an excuse to get the supplies while developing new sources of energy.The US may be a superpower,but all countries will come to a standstill with no oil.The US do not like this held over their heads-I would'nt like it either!This crisis could start World War 3-and it will be devastating.Possibly the NDCs-China,Japan could come into this too.

dubiOUS

Well,depleting resources may force the United States to start a war itself-plus,with the Arab countries holding the threat of no oil over the world,I wound not be surprised if they would want an excuse to get the supplies while developing new sources of energy.

Well, that’s part of the reason why the US went into Iraq. That and Saddam was, like a mini version of Hitler and was rumored to have WMDs… (I think he sold them to Russia, but that’s just my opinion…)

The US wouldn't start or join in a war without being attacked first or needing to help an ally anyway. That’s why I think WWIII will only take place if some crazy dictator from Iran or maybe North Korea (though I doubt it, what with China breathing down their necks and all) bombed a US ally, such as Israel or Japan.

Makaveli766 said:
i hope that every country fights in it. i didnt like how some countries didnt fight in ww2

You’re joking, right? Why would you wish so much devastation upon the world? :(

The reason why it’s called World War is not because every nation participated in it, but because every nation was affected by it, just to let you know.

Everyone

"I do not know with what weapons the third world war will be fought, but the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones" -Albert Einstein, if im not mistaken.
I dont feel that the third world war will come out of the middle east. If anything, it will be something similar to korea and vietnam, military actions that are part of something bigger, but never really escalate into anything.

What i feel about the third world war, is that it will be an information war. Fighting will take place less on the battlefield, and more on the global network, the internet. The war will be fought by geeks (no offense to anyone) who specialize in internet security, and the 'dark side' of the security infrastructure.
I feel that this will somehow lead to the global setback that Einstein predicts in his quote above. Somehow, for some reason, the world will go dark. Perhaps due to nuclear winters, perhaps not. In the end, only time will tell.

once oil becomes immensely scarce tensions will rise between most the world and the middle east and perhaps resulting in retaliation,but right now i dont think most countrys can fight a world war especially not america,things that can be the reason for a world war that are rising problems are terrorism and the genocide of darfur,though wwIII is nothing to world about because it probobly wont happen

LuciRuki

Born This Way
WWIII could may or may not happen. Due to the possible wars in the middle east, and the economic depression the U.S is soon to get into, WWIII is a possible thought on U.S behalf. Because 'history repeats itself', (Great Depression in the 1930's)the U.S has thought of engaging in WWIII.

But the downside for this is that the U.S is already in debt 26 trillion dollars. Meaning engaging in a war, especially if it were to turn into a nuclear war gives the possible chance for the U.S to be more so in debt. The U.N was established to prevent any more World Wars. But the U.S is the world's superpower, and often times gaven such Vito power, that the U.N works for the U.S.

Thus said, Canada would be the new ally for the U.S since we are no longer a 'peace keeping country' as of somewhere in the 1970's. Also with close political customs between the U.S and Canada, there is no doubt that the U.S will use Canada in a war like the King's use Knights on a chess board.

It's all a coin toss. WWIII can work both ways. But if it does come into play, it will most definitely be more destructive than both the world wars, due to the amounts of nuclear power.

-LuciRuki-

df006

Nuclear power,huh?

Have you heard that CERN has been developing antimatter?If the european nations make bombs outta that, they could annihilate USA in 1 second.And if antimatter is used as a weapon...then after the war, large chunks of this planet would be missing.If it is big enough...

Ethan

Banned
Nuclear power,huh?

Have you heard that CERN has been developing antimatter?If the european nations make bombs outta that, they could annihilate USA in 1 second.And if antimatter is used as a weapon...then after the war, large chunks of this planet would be missing.If it is big enough...

Pay attention to your usage of the word if. First off I would like to point out to you that CERN is a joint project between Europe and the U.S.A. Our physicists are over there helping them make it.

ironknight42

"once oil becomes immensely scarce tensions will rise between most the world and the middle east and perhaps resulting in retaliation" It's bound to happan unless alternatives are developed. If you consider anti-matter a weapon than you just handed the U.S. and Europe instant victory in any war. Man brought the nuke into the world as a weapon is he stupid enough to deploy anti-matter in the same manner I should hope not. Currently there is no imminent threat of a WWIII.

There is a huge imenent threat of world war two and its from two unlikely sources.

PAKISTAN v.s INDIA. These countries both have nuclear weapons, and Pakistan is very unstable, and would no doubt fire them on India. If it escalates to that level India would to fire Nukes.

India has the second largest army in the world so it would be a 3 to 1 situation, in which case there would be more nukes U.S.A would get ****** and choose a side, lets say India. Then its no doubt a win for India

But if U.S chooses Pakistan India would no doubt ask Russia for help and if that happens China might get involved the E.U would no doubt help India. Then who knows what'll happen from there

qwerqwer

lol, some of the responses are rather messed up.

seriously, it's that's your opinion

okay, the U.S. is definently the world's superest superpower. but this is challenged somewhat by the still large size of russian and the fact that they went psycho have have about 4000 nukes stockpiled (the U.S. has a few hundred less though). China has about 200, although they probably have more.

China is sort of challenging the U.S. economy but they need to get some things right.
there's the huge smog pollution that hangs over most cities and they are sort of become "westernized" i dont support this but the hard fact is, all their cars have better gas mileage. (the U.S. standard is about 30 by like 2012 while china's is about 46. (rough numbers, dont quote me on this))

but i think a main reason is that China doesn't want war really. they sort of oppose the U.S. but the U.S. - Israel relationship is weakening. somefully someone in the government with a few brain cells can figure out that the alliances need to change.

is there hope there? i suppose so, although it could really go either way. but the U.S. needs to do in afghanistan and iraq and stuff what they did in WWII, crush them with force, basically. they need to root out the deep set insurgents. maybe a brief but large troop surge is a viable option. in vietnam, if they sent in large numbers of troops to cut the viet cong out of the jungles, they could've won. the U.S. has the resources to do this. but i could be wrong. europe is a completely different environment than the middle east.

as for china and india duking it out, i find it unlikely that relations will worsen that much.

so i dont think the any relations are bad enough for a world war yet but with everything degrading, it's very possible

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
what are you guys talking about. India and China have a good relationship.
There's nothing wrong in this part of the world.
Also, don't forget China is USA's factory.
Without China, USA's economy will fall (as in quite a bit).
I live in Hong Kong. Where I have no barriers on information.
From what I know, China doesn't have any nuclear weapons.
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China, I really don't know where you guys get your information from.

Back to WW3.
The main issue now is oil.
Soon, the world will use up all its oil.
Anyone watch Gundam 00? It's basically whats going to happen in the future.
Countries will go to war for oil.
War will continue as long as humans are greedy.
The problem won't be solved that easily.

World War 2 only came because Germany got tired of the infractions.
They decided that they didn't ant to be controlled and decided to attack.

Its human's nature to fight for something they need.
And that's basically power (now) and oil (future)

Putty

hatin'
Nuclear power,huh?

chunks of the planet missing? stop talking crap, it's difficult enough to make stuff at CERN let alone some radical terrorist group bombarding atoms together in their basement somewhere in the sahara desert.
They decided that they didn't ant to be controlled and decided to attack
woa woa, careful using the word 'only'.

anyway, as long as NATO is still in formation, anything could happen.

Last edited:

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
woa woa, careful using the word 'only'.

anyway, as long as NATO is still in formation, anything could happen.

woops...haha
i tend to use only alot :p
sorry.

but isn't NATO for Europe and North America?
There are other parts of the world that can get into a conflict too.
So NATO only prevents North American and European countries from getting into conflict.

Putty

hatin'
it's a military alliance, if something goes wrong an alliance like that could be another repeat of world war one. however it's more unlikely now because people are smarter than they were back then.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
WWIII seems pretty plausible these days, in my opinion.

Iran has already come out and said that they will wipe Isreal off the map, along with biulding up their nuclear power. China's military has grown greatly these past years with new technology and tequnices. Russia is always in minor conflicts lately.

The problem with the USA these days is that they are not feared anymore. They used to be the big bully on the block that could fix any problem in the world with force, but with America's money and resources depleting fast they're losing that power on other nations. America might still be a huge advisery, but of course smaller powers will gang up and take the USA down.

Indeed it's turning into a very different world. Plans of invading Iran would also be extremely risky with all of the under the table supporters. China holds a very large portion of America's economy that could easily be sabatoged, or manipulated.

Any smaller conflict could rise up to be a world war. An example being if Iran attacked Isreal then the USA would certainly join in. Other Arab countries could join Iran, and before you know it other supporters on either side would fight, thus making it a larger conflict. Russia and China don't exactly get along too well, but they would join up to take down the USA and others.

All in all it's an extremely touchy situation.

Ethan

Banned
what are you guys talking about. India and China have a good relationship.

Not since China invaded in the 1960's.

http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard/uploads/1962war.htm

There's nothing wrong in this part of the world.

How about you actually make an argument?

Also, don't forget China is USA's factory.
Without China, USA's economy will fall (as in quite a bit).

No, we would just make our own goods, it's that simple.

I live in Hong Kong. Where I have no barriers on information.
From what I know, China doesn't have any nuclear weapons.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf63.html

Yes they do.

Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China, I really don't know where you guys get your information from.

Well I've actually shown you where I get my information, yet you haven't provided a single concrete fact to back up any of the claims you've made. So I wouldn't be saying anything.

Back to WW3.
The main issue now is oil.

Oil will be out of the picture as a major rescource within the upcoming years due to alternate energy sources being looked into.

Soon, the world will use up all its oil.

We have a good 50 years before that happens.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Much-Oil-is-Left-in-the-World?&id=393540

They decided that they didn't ant to be controlled and decided to attack.

Wrong.

http://www.rpfuller.com/gcse/history/6.html

I'm really tired of seeing that most of you believe that the U.S.A. is apparently on it's final stretch simple because wer'e heading towards an economic recession. First, let me start off by saying this

WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD RECESSIONS

The economy is cyclical. We have rises and falls. The last recession we had was in late 1992.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1994/06/art1exc.htm

We've made our way out of them before, this won't be any different. All of you that are thinking that is going to be the fall of the U.S. or the death of a superpower really need to check back with reality, because you obviously don't have a clue about what your talking about.

Same thing with debt. We've been trillions of dollars in debt before, it's nothing new. All these poorly based arguments really just show me that they are based off ignorance and an animosity for the United States.

Wait, that isn't new either.

In summary, the U.S.A. isn't going anywhere any time soon. Don't get your hopes up.

Gym_Leader_Hanrick

Dragon Master
theres trouble in russia apparently. so that might start something

Status
Not open for further replies.