• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War III Imminent?

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
sigged! lmao

That was unexpected :p

Well according to me, nuclear weapons are the type of things that should not be used under any circumstances whatsoever, not matter what the reason is. They're only purpose being to prevent any major war from occuring.

Robster

Cascade Trainer
Yeah, that was pretty much a paraphrase. From what I know, though, it was "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I guess it's a bunch of different variations on the same thing...

Hmmmm. Maybe he said both.

BigLutz

Banned
To defend ccangelopearl1362 a bit, he is only voicing what so many are thinking. That the beginning of the next world war will begin in the Middle East, most likely some conflict with Israel and neighboring Arab countries, or with terrorist obtaining WMDs. I doubt we will see countries want to go to war, like what we saw in WW2, but a slow escalation in which one country joins in, then another, then another.

The Middle East is the only area with enough Psychopaths that the law of Mutual Destruction does not apply. And if there were ever to be a WW3, it would begin there.

DarkPsychoBoost said:
Well according to me, nuclear weapons are the type of things that should not be used under any circumstances whatsoever, not matter what the reason is. They're only purpose being to prevent any major war from occuring.

Just wanted to comment, but you say they should not be used under any circumstances, no matter what the reason, then you give the exact purpose when they should be used.

You should also add to that list that their other purpose is to end a war, in which the death toll of invading would be much greater than the death toll if they were dropped. The end of WW2 is the perfect example of this, and also the only time in which they were used.

Mercutio

Galaxy Master Kush
Its true; nuclear weapons are not so much there for us to hit the enemy with if they start behaving aggressively. Its more to stop rogue states like North Korea from being able to aggressively negotiate with nuclear weapons at their disposal when we don't have an effective deterrant. It keeps the field level.

In regard to the original topic, I agree with BigLutz; the most likely origin of another world war is at this present time the Middle East, for varied reasons such as oil, political instability. I would place the area around North Korea as second most likely but I don't really want to predict how that one will turn out. I'm not sure if anything global will come out of there considering recent security council mutterings.

Jedi Metroid

The Omega Metroid
Two words. Two short, sharp, powerful words...

Uh oh.

ccangelopearl1362

Fox News Channel: U.S. Officials Call Iran Missile Launch 'Successful'
Houston Chronicle: Ali Akbar Dareini: Iran leader: Don't vote for pro-Western candidates

It looks like Iran wants to copy North Korea in test-firing a ballistic missile that can reach its intended target. The Sajjil relies on solid fuel, unlike liquid fuel missiles like the Shahab-3, and the undercurrents leading up to a Middle Eastern showdown may have just accelerated, if slightly. That round of “elections” in Iran is progressing at this very moment, and Iran’s Supreme Ayatollah Ali Khamenei just issued a subtle edict against any “pro-Western candidates”. Unfortunately for Israel, President Obama may have already given up on stopping Iran from going nuclear… pushing the Middle East that much closer to all-out war.:

Jerusalem Post: Yaakov Lappin: Has Obama given up on halting Iran?

With the Palestinian Arabs as geographically concentrated around Israel as they are, right alongside Hamas’ rocket attacks, statehood may ultimately prove meaningless… and let’s not forget Hezbollah’s subversion inside Lebanon. Imad Mugniyeh may be gone, but Hassan Nasrallah is still around, most likely waiting and gathering his minions wherever they happen to be across that smaller country. Between this and Hamas’ accusation that Obama deceived the rest of the world about Israel’s eagerness to move along with that new “Palestinian state”, Obama can only be wasting time attempting to undo Iran’s totalitarianism through diplomacy by itself.:

Investor’s Business Daily: The Limits of Mideast Diplomacy

It’s clear to me that Jeremiah Wright and Rashid Khalidi have no idea what the forces of liberty are really up against in Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ali Khamenei. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards may very well reach out to sympathizers within the Inter-Services Intelligence, giving Iran and Pakistan a sort of joint leadership role for the current time as they plot against America’s allies across the Middle East and South Asia. I can only wonder which of those regions will explode first, if it really turns out to be either one.

randomspot555

I think Eastern Europe is also a good candidate for WWIII. Any of the former Soviet satellite nations could still have nukes hidden out there, and if some terrorist group ever got their power stretched out that far, or a populist revolt happened, that could be a problem.

BigLutz

Banned
I think Eastern Europe is also a good candidate for WWIII. Any of the former Soviet satellite nations could still have nukes hidden out there, and if some terrorist group ever got their power stretched out that far, or a populist revolt happened, that could be a problem.

Yeah but when you consider a WW3 Scenario you have to consider multiple power house nations getting involved. A Former Soviet Satellite with a revolt or a nuke would bring the wrath of Russia, US, and everyone else down upon them.

While if you have something like Iran and Israel, you have so many different sides that could easily be brought in with a switch of a button. The Middle East, Russia, and maybe even China, North Korea, and Central America to some degree on Iran's side. US, and Europe on Israel's side, slugging it all out.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
You should also add to that list that their other purpose is to end a war, in which the death toll of invading would be much greater than the death toll if they were dropped. The end of WW2 is the perfect example of this, and also the only time in which they were used.

Yes they can end wars but you should also consider that nuclear weapons are highly discriminate. A major city on which a bomb would be dropped would be completely destroyed and all it's inhabitants killed, that means death of everyone regardless of their religion, race or nationality and of course, people who had nothing to do with the war. If you blow up a city, it would kill people of lots of countries including the country that dropped the bomb. For example, about the speculation that Iran would use it's nuclear technology on Israel. One should remember that one-fifth of Israel's population is Arab and such an action would kill all the arabs as well as the jews, not to mention the Palestinans. Knowing all this Iran would never use nuclear weapons on Israel.

Since their main purpose is to be dropped on major cities to do as much damage as possible, we can safely assume that they are only meant to kill unarmed civilians, women and children while the soldiers remain safe. Also we should consider it's effect on the Enviroment, a few explosions could deal unrepairable damage on Earth.

As for stopping wars, there is a far better weapon for that would render nuclear weapons obsolete. The Electromagnetic Bomb, which would achieve the same purpose in a more humane way. If in the future this replaces nuclear weapons then a possible world war three would not be that devastating.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1996/apjemp.htm

Kate

Banned
I honestly think if their ever were to be another worldwar, it would probably end up in a similar fashion to the last one. Dictators for the most part are logical enough to understand what will and what won't completely throw them out of power. But there are cases when a real nutjob is elected, that aren't exactly worried about political ramifications. I would suspect that the next world war, or at least the next sizable war would be the cause of a dictator with overtly expansionist policies. Ofcourse it depends on the area, if someone just decided to invade Canada they would be swiftly put down.

Yeah but when you consider a WW3 Scenario you have to consider multiple power house nations getting involved. A Former Soviet Satellite with a revolt or a nuke would bring the wrath of Russia, US, and everyone else down upon them.

While if you have something like Iran and Israel, you have so many different sides that could easily be brought in with a switch of a button. The Middle East, Russia, and maybe even China, North Korea, and Central America to some degree on Iran's side. US, and Europe on Israel's side, slugging it all out.

I don't know, a lot of former sattelite nations are involved in NATO, and if not, very West oriented. Russia wouldn't invade a country like Ukraine, or Belarus, because of their proximity to Poland; a U.S. ally.

Last edited:

elite ralf

hey guys, when do you think WWIII would start? if it's december 21, 2012.. o_O

ccangelopearl1362

Russia, or Turkey? Those two powers have clashed in the Balkans and the Caucasus, and even now, they’re expanding toward each other’s borders once more. Most prominently, though, Orthodox Russia sided with Serbia, Islamic Turkey -- and Iran -- sided with Albania and Bosnia, and the West sided with Croatia. The United States has tried to stabilize Kosovo for itself, even to the point of dispatching peacekeepers and coordinating with Turkey, but Islamic civilization’s resurgence can only plunge that area into even greater chaos. Yet, these events are simply events by themselves. Who is to say that a larger chain of events might not result from them?:

Foundation for Defense of Democracies: Walid Phares: South Ossetia: The Perfect Wrong War
Abigail Esman: Should Turkey join the European Union?

Russia is resurging, but it might end up being less of an outright enemy than many of us and across the United States opine. In fact, between Russia’s support for Iran’s nuclear program and Turkey’s attempt to join the European Union -- when the second country may be better off consolidating its strength within the Islamic world -- any new confrontation between the West and Russia can only play right into the jihadists’ hands. As it is, of all possible enemies for the United States to focus on, the Islamists are the only ones explicitly at war with everyone else, even their fellow Muslims.:

Vladimir Socor: Kosovo: Russia’s Fifth Frozen Conflict?
John C.K. Daly: Turkey Expands Role in Kosovo as Bush Prepares to Visit Albania?
Walter Mayr: The Prophet’s Fifth Column: Islamists Gain Ground in Kosovo

I can remember that the Islamic Revolutionary Guards assisted the Bosnians during certain recent Balkan conflicts, as did Saudi Arabia, no doubt seeking to impose its Wahhabi woes in the process. Given the Balkans’ promixity to the Middle East, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if World War III expanded to that area, as well.

Last edited:

Rys

Postcount melting!
hey guys, when do you think WWIII would start? if it's december 21, 2012.. o_O
If anything it will end on that date. But there have been countless rumours like the 21/12/12 one where people think the end of the world is coming because a civilisation's calendar ends.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Also if WW3 ever starts, I very much doubt it will be faught with nukes, it's more likely it will be faught with guns, tanks, jets etc.

ccangelopearl1362

Douglas Farah: Ahmadinejad’s Abrupt Cancellation of Latin America Trip

So much for attempting to promote Iran’s world domination agenda through Latin America. I will commend Brazilian President Lula da Silva for uninviting Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, forcing the Iranian entourage -- perhaps including some Islamic Revolutionary Guards -- to call off the trip. Many of Lula’s constituents are rightfully unhappy with the prospect of having a Holocaust-denying, Israel- and America-hating, jihadist-sponsoring tyrant hopping around in their backyard, but sadly, Venezuela’ evil clown of a dictator has other ideas.:

Militant Islam Monitor: Emerson Vermaat: Iran and Hezbollah Increasingly Active In Latin America and Africa

The jihad operations I’m seeing are as extensive as I guessed, based on what I’ve seen in the Balkans, the Middle East, and South Asia. Hezbollah has some operations cooking inside Venezuela, most likely involving drugs. Indeed, Hezbollah may not even be the only sinister terror group arriving in Venezuela. (I can remember a certain Hezbollah tobacco smuggling ring in North Carolina to this effect.) This looks to be a gathering of humanity’s worse elements, from drug lords to human traffickers, revealing a criminal component to the outbreak of World War III.

pokemaster001

WWIII is as imminent as a fifth generation of pokemon
not in the REALLY near future, but 99% of the chance of it being in our lifetimes
we've got bombs, troops, and the insanity for it
but if I'm able to by then, I'll be living in the forest, fortunately everyone's to stupid to attack a forest

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Douglas Farah: Ahmadinejad’s Abrupt Cancellation of Latin America Trip

So much for attempting to promote Iran’s world domination agenda through Latin America. I will commend Brazilian President Lula da Silva for uninviting Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, forcing the Iranian entourage -- perhaps including some Islamic Revolutionary Guards -- to call off the trip. Many of Lula’s constituents are rightfully unhappy with the prospect of having a Holocaust-denying, Israel- and America-hating, jihadist-sponsoring tyrant hopping around in their backyard, but sadly, Venezuela’ evil clown of a dictator has other ideas.:

Militant Islam Monitor: Emerson Vermaat: Iran and Hezbollah Increasingly Active In Latin America and Africa

The jihad operations I’m seeing are as extensive as I guessed, based on what I’ve seen in the Balkans, the Middle East, and South Asia. Hezbollah has some operations cooking inside Venezuela, most likely involving drugs. Indeed, Hezbollah may not even be the only sinister terror group arriving in Venezuela. (I can remember a certain Hezbollah tobacco smuggling ring in North Carolina to this effect.) This looks to be a gathering of humanity’s worse elements, from drug lords to human traffickers, revealing a criminal component to the outbreak of World War III.

Unlike the previous two world wars, this one is not about European powers wanting to off another one. and this time Germany won't play a part as large.

That said the main problem with a conflict like this is the hydra-like nature of the foe. It probably won't be single country starting it, yet Iran indeed seems to be pushing a global conflict into acceleration. With the UN emulating its predecessor the League of Nations in effectiveness, it looks like a newer, more solid alliance is indeed needed.

ccangelopearl1362

That said the main problem with a conflict like this is the hydra-like nature of the foe. It probably won't be single country starting it, yet Iran indeed seems to be pushing a global conflict into acceleration.

Fox News Channel: Smokescreen: Hezbollah Inside America
Fox News Channel: Iran: The Ticking Bomb

Aim for one head, and a few more take its place. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards-Quds Force has attacked American troops in Iraq using those special explosive projectiles, and Ali Khamenei even authorized an attack on a Jewish community center in Argentina, with Ali Akbar Rafsanjani and other top clerics in attendance. Argentina configured the information it uncovered during its research to coordinate with other key individuals and governments, and it concluded that Iran wanted revenge against it for abandoning some… business arrangements “in the areas of nuclear and missile development.” In the words of Dan Senor, “the pursuit of the bomb and mass murder are already inseparable” to Iran’s ayatollahs – and minions. Hezbollah went on to begin operating a cigarette smuggling ring extending from North Carolina up into Michigan, buying just enough cigarette packets to stay below anyone’s radar, and as far as law enforcement knew, that Hezbollah cell was just laundering drug money. They camouflaged their vehicles for this criminal enterprise with bicycles and baby seats, and one of them covered up the license plate at the front of his van – right in front of a camera operated by federal authorities. Very fortunately, they’re in prison as of this moment, but if Stephen Schwartz is correct, then we have a different convergence of humankind’s worst elements to deal with.:

Stephen Schwartz: Bad Books Behind Bars

Let me see. Wahhabism and the Nation of Islam are most prominent in Islamic literature distributed among the inmates in United States prisons. Works by Sayyid Qutb and Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab are also included, underscoring this Sunni fundamentalism, if that’s what many would call it. Volumes by Abul-Ala Mawdudi are also present… but prominent Shiites are “generally absent” from the Bureau of Prisons’ inventory. Consequently, those Hezbollah cigarette smugglers might have some trouble receiving daily opportunities to demonstrate their unquestioning submission to Allah, but any Sunni jihadists incarcerated across the country will be left to set up their own networks in preparation for their release, enabling them to join the global jihad once more. In the case of the Islamists, criminal enterprises are simply a tool to advance jihadism around the world, alongside a more perceptively legitimate – and perhaps more sinister – enterprise in the Islamists’ arsenal, Sharia finance. The jihadists will have a substantial financial network supporting them should World War III begin.