• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War III Imminent?

profpeanut

Hopefully? No.

Realistically? Let's find an obscure Oceanic country to stay in for a while.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor

ccangelopearl1362

Pajamas Media: Gordon Chang: Will China Take Over North Korea?

Anyone up for a power struggle inside and around North Korea? Kim Jong-Il may soon be Kim Jong-dead (pun intended), and his generals are preparing for the coming power transfer. I have to assume that Japan and South Korea are watching this as precisely as they can, but Lee Myung-Bak may have some trouble from any North Korean spies dispatched to Seoul to disrupt the flow of governmental activities there leading up to a new confrontation. Ironically, neither Lee nor Barack Obama seem(s) to want any confrontation… which can only signal a successful purchase of time for both North Korea’s generals -- and Iran’s ayatollahs.:

Wall Street Journal: John Bolton: Get Ready for Another North Korean Nuke Test

Once Kim concludes that he can test more nukes without “fatally jeopardizing” his access to the rest of the world, he’ll be that much closer to expanding his tyranny toward South Korea -- and Ali Khamenei, Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be that much closer to claiming leadership of the global jihad. The Israel Law Center may be fighting back with a lawsuit on behalf of Hezbollah’s victims, if as a small start, but Japan’s economic downturn and resulting lack of action can’t be helpful to the United States’ interests in East Asia, so Obama and Lee will need a backup plan, and soon. We may be worried about economic weaknesses now, but the United States will need a strategically-placed network of military bases in order to protect shipping lanes in East Asia, among other global hotspots, if the you-know-what hits the fan.:

Heritage Foundation: Bruce Klingner and Derek Scissors: Japan's Economic Weakness: A Security Problem for America
Israel Law Center: North Korea sued for aiding Hizbullah

Despite China’s current slowdown, it and the United States are still widely speculated to compete with each other for global supremacy in the 21st century… and there may be a geostrategic battleground forming in South Asia. China has offered assistance both nuclear and conventional to Pakistan, aptly leaving India to turn to… the United States.:

Wall Street Journal: Matthew Kaminski: India and the Future of South Asia
Wall Street Journal: Alyssa Ayres: The U.S.-India Moment
United Press International: M.D. Nalapat: China’s support to Pakistan’s jihadists

The Islamists still seek to target China, but both see India as a genuine threat to their respective agendas. It will be appropriate for India to counter international jihadism should Pakistan ultimately fall, so Kashmir may be the least of Asif Ali Zardari’s problems. China’s weapons assistance to the Inter-Services Intelligence can only pave the way for further movements by jihad sympathizers inside the ISI, disrupting America’s new South Asian partnership, which includes, among other tools, the transformation of India’s agricultural system. Without much in the way of food supplies, India’s people can end up declining even further from their current slowdown, but a rise in jihad attacks similar to the Mumbai Massacre could see South Asia go up in flames. Allow me to conclude that American President Barack Hussein Obama could very well be hailed for continuing the partnership that George Walker Bush cemented, maintaining and advancing liberty and truth across South Asia, and the same statement could hold true in East Asia. Such a network of democracies could only take on greater immediacy and significance should World War III begin in the immediate future.

Lets face it.
The Reds are winning.

QUICK name the three maybe four milatary powerhouses in the world.

U.S
Russia
China
2/3 of them have a very un-american code of laws (freedom of speech and such)

Now if we're being hopeful and counting India as a milatary powerhouse, its still not even considering that Corruption basically makes it a dictatorship.

Heres how WWIII might just play out.

Rising tensions between Pakistan and India flare out into war. Jihadist and Pakistani soldiers are up against the 3rd largest army in the world. In the beginning it looks like the Indian flag might just be planted in Islamabad. But secret help from China gives Pakistan tactical Nukes and such. A possible Nuclear Strike (Only the second in history) might cause Dehli to turn its head towards Beijing to blame. By now India a completely outnumbered and out powered. But U.S will NO DOUBT aid india in it's battle at this point Kashmir is the war front. But here's where things get tricky.

Russia might pick a side. Most Likely their involvements will be limited to secret supplying to both countries to keep both China and India happy. If they do choose a side whichever side they pick will probably win and the countries will enjoy near world dominance.

Now assuming they don't, more and more Islamic Milatants will be seeing prying their eyes away from the west and towards India, they will be looking to bring it under "Allah's Control" again, they will likely be using simalar propaganda techniques like they are using now. (i.e Mughals ruled India under Allah's eyes, its time to destroy the Hindu Infidels). Iran will no doubt be looking to throw their weight around the world stage, joining in the China/Pakistan side. They will supply the Islam extremist with weapons and such.

Eventually The European countries (under the influence of Britain) will help the United States/India to defeat the China/Islamist side. In the end the war will be brought to an end due to compromise and such. Pakistan's goverment will be deemed unstable and be put under Indian control (it will take years for the Extremists to be kept under control) Iran and Afghanistan will be rogue states put under either Indian or Arabian control (Probably Indian due to the U.S wanting them to be operated by allies).

China will most likely have lost the war and a considerable amount of land to The U.S (if they adopt imperealist Ideals again) or will have proven themselves powerfull enough to avoid the U.S/Europes bullying.

Plz tell what you think as I'm going to base an essay around this

TSL

Mischievous.
I've noticed that the idea of nukes being a major part of this WW3 and that some have alluded to cities being destroyed completely...but I have some stipulations (and some questions)

Major nuclear powers in the world (obvious examples USA, Russia) have developed far more economic nuclear weapons than simply the bulbous "Fat Man" model that's dropped from a plane...I'm talking MIRVs, missiles packed with a warhead that shoots off 8-10 tactical strikes to target key areas of the enemy's territory, aka production facilities, important agricultural areas, to economically weaken the enemy. The reason that the bulbous, "Fat Man" style of bombs were in heavy production up until the USA finally got missile delivery right (I think somewhere in the '60s) was because the technology for dropping these bombs was inaccurate and in order to make up for that inaccuracy, the blast yield was higher. However, with these tactical strikes, operating countries can minimize radiation and resources (no fuel for heavy bombers) and take out strategic enemy locations without pissing off anti-war demonstrators by nuking huge cities (ala Hiroshima protesters in the USA). Also, with larger conventional explosives like the MOAB (FOAB for Russia), nukes, rocket guided or otherwise, may just be deemed inconvenient for use.
However, I'm not sure if lesser nuclear powers have these same capabilities (as was shown with North Korea's kinda flop test?). I'd like if someone could fill me in on this, thanks.

ccangelopearl1362

Heres how WWIII might just play out.

Rising tensions between Pakistan and India flare out into war. Jihadist and Pakistani soldiers are up against the 3rd largest army in the world. In the beginning it looks like the Indian flag might just be planted in Islamabad. But secret help from China gives Pakistan tactical Nukes and such. A possible Nuclear Strike (Only the second in history) might cause Dehli to turn its head towards Beijing to blame. By now India a completely outnumbered and out powered. But U.S will NO DOUBT aid india in it's battle at this point Kashmir is the war front. But here's where things get tricky.

Russia might pick a side. Most Likely their involvements will be limited to secret supplying to both countries to keep both China and India happy. If they do choose a side whichever side they pick will probably win and the countries will enjoy near world dominance.

Now assuming they don't, more and more Islamic Milatants will be seeing prying their eyes away from the west and towards India, they will be looking to bring it under "Allah's Control" again, they will likely be using simalar propaganda techniques like they are using now. (i.e Mughals ruled India under Allah's eyes, its time to destroy the Hindu Infidels). Iran will no doubt be looking to throw their weight around the world stage, joining in the China/Pakistan side. They will supply the Islam extremist with weapons and such.

Eventually The European countries (under the influence of Britain) will help the United States/India to defeat the China/Islamist side. In the end the war will be brought to an end due to compromise and such. Pakistan's goverment will be deemed unstable and be put under Indian control (it will take years for the Extremists to be kept under control) Iran and Afghanistan will be rogue states put under either Indian or Arabian control (Probably Indian due to the U.S wanting them to be operated by allies).

China will most likely have lost the war and a considerable amount of land to The U.S (if they adopt imperealist Ideals again) or will have proven themselves powerfull enough to avoid the U.S/Europes bullying.

Having a war between Pakistan and India break out first? I’d keep an eye on one Aslam Beg and one Hamid Gul out of Pakistan’s military as likely facilitators of a power transfer to the Taliban, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Al-Qaeda, or any other group of Islamists that reaches Islamabad first. Those two agreed with Abdul-Qadeer Khan in sharing Pakistan’s nuclear technology with Iran and North Korea, and I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see either of them give the actual order to aim Pakistan’s weapons at India. The Organization of the Islamic Conference can only be quietly happy to sit back, perhaps issuing condemnation after condemnation of India for any perceived “war crimes” against Pakistan, just as it has blasted Israel over and over again. Speaking of the OIC, its attempt to establish control over Jerusalem’s Temple Point may be just the beginning of… yet another attempted Arab/Islamic encirclement of Israel, as if Israel doesn’t already live in a neighborhood of existential hostility to it.:

Cybercast News Service: OIC Role Reportedly Proposed as Battle for Jerusalem Heats Up

Having Jerusalem submit to Allah can only embolden the Islamists in their agenda to dominate the world, and if they really intend to make Jerusalem the capital of their new caliphate, then one can surmise that they’d want some serious land -- or, if you will, territory -- to defend it and those Palestinian Arabs who’ll be living under their rule. I’ll take Solomon’s Temple over the Dome of the Rock any day, despite President Obama’s apparent acquiescence even after encountering Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Yet, Obama may not have even had a peace plan going between the Israelis and the Palestinian Arabs at all, which I could certainly understand.:

DEBKAfile: Lifting the fog from the Obama-Netanyahu balance sheet

Netanyahu may need all the luck he can get successfully arguing for investment in Palestinian Arab enterprises, since with those charities funding Hamas, the jihadists around Israel will have substantial resources of cash with which to secure more rockets, guns, and bombs for the violent jihad against Israel. Very fortunately, I see a nonviolent victory for liberty out of Kuwait, where women representing Kuwait’s middle class defeated the Muslim Brotherhood in that country. Hezbollah may very well encounter similar resistance to its effort to control Lebanon from any other parties there, and I would think that such a victory can only bolster America’s resolve against the mullahs, if in a small, quiet way.:

Family Security Matters: Amir Taheri: How Bush Doctrine Batters Islamists - Women Triumph in Kuwaiti Election
Investor’s Business Daily: The Republic Of Hezbollah

I wouldn’t be surprised to see certain Islamists turn even more violent against those who dared to seek liberty and peace for themselves rather than submit to the totality of Sharia, and with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards sponsoring Hezbollah and Hamas and Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence willing to exchange nuclear technology with fellow jihadists, any war in the Middle East could merge with any war in South Asia very, very quickly.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I'd like to believe humanity is smart enough to realize that World War III would, to put it quite frankly, destroy us all.

However, seeing as how World War II happened even after 'The War to end all Wars", I'm not to certain.

Hopefully science will advance to the point that we can figure out how to bring the world back from nuclear ruin. Like, I don't know, finding a way to create artificial trees that have all the functions of normal trees.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
We're already in it. It's not as global as WWII yet, but I assure you WWII has been going on for quite some time now.

It started with the 9/11 attacks.

ccangelopearl1362

We're already in it. It's not as global as WWII yet, but I assure you WWII has been going on for quite some time now.

It started with the 9/11 attacks.

Meet the Press: Tim Russert: Newt Gingrich argues that “we are in the early stages of” World War III

I’m thinking of an interview by Tim Russert with Newt Gingrich during Hezbollah’s rocket attacks against Israel during the second half of July 2006. He cited the most recent challenges by the forces of submission against the United States and its allies up to that point in time, including a different attack in Mumbai and a plot to blow up Canada’s parliament. The two biggest events from that period of time to my recollection are North Korea’s special -- and thankfully unsuccessful -- nuclear fireworks celebration for America’s 230th birthday and Iran’s movements against Israel through Hezbollah. Those basic factors are still the same three years later, but now, Osama bin Laden himself might now be exposed… as being on Iran’s side, literally, no less.:

Terror Finance Blog: Rachel Ehrenfeld: Is Osama bin Laden in Iran?

The sheikhdoms of the Arabian Peninsula, including the House of Saud, enjoy hunting with falcons in the desert, and they’ve paid serious cash for some of those birds, anywhere from $100,000 to $2,000,000. Sadly (for the falcons), falcon smuggling networks have developed, necessitating the establishment of an organization with special expertise on, among other fields, “smuggling cartels with operational” connections to Al-Qaeda. If Alan Howell Parrot is correct, then any showdown with Iran could end up catching the man whose organization seriously awakened my political consciousness for the first time, and despite Saudi Arabia’s petrodollars and Wahhabism, those Arab sheikhdoms themselves may be caught in the crossfire of Iran’s 21st century Islamic Revolution.:

Weekly Standard: Reuel Marc Gerecht: Arabs vs. Iranians

Arabs vs. Jews, or “Arabs vs. Iranians”? Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has gained tremendous popularity among Arab Sunnis for consistently threatening America and Israel, as has Hezbollah’s Hassan Nasrallah. Yet, Egypt’s President Hosni Mubarak could never drop the demand for a “right of return”, since the Muslim Brotherhood is continuing to pressure him with everything it has, and Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu realizes that flooding Israel with millions of perpetually hostile Palestinian Arabs would demographically terminate that beacon of liberty for the Middle East, thus generating enough factors, I think, to render American President Barack Obama’s latest attempt to apologize to Muslims in the Middle East irrelevant. Obama may seek to offer another demonstration of self-debasement in Cairo two Thursdays from now, but the Islamists will still be permanently enraged that the United States dares to seek freedom rather than submit to Allah’s will without any questions, giving those thugs enough of a pretext to turn up the heat on America and its allies even more than we already expect in the coming weeks and months. I may no longer be certain that they even need a reason to impose Sharia anywhere they can, so that I’m never underestimating the motivational effects of Islam(ist)ic death wishes again. I can only lament the skyrocketing persecution of Egypt’s Coptic Christians once World War III engulfs that country.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
Me personally, my opinion is that we will definatly see a World War III in our generation, it may not be for twenty or thirty years, but the signs are forever growing, faster and quicker throughout history.

yes, if nobody does or says anything against it. this generation has a lot riding on our shoulders. and everyone understands that. truly i think if our generation fails it will make the world very vulnerable

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
NO.
not for the reasons you gave us.

If there was a WWIII, it'd be between the US and China.

(in pokemon terms:

China will EV train in attack.
US will be smart and EV train in sp.attack and speed.

The US will bring a rapid spinner, and a choice spec.
china will bring only a choice scarf...

then Ownage of China will commence.)

ccangelopearl1362

YouTube: Our Country Deserves Better: Dictators Mock Obama's Ignorance

“Barack Obama: no match for America’s enemies,” said that political ad’s male narrator as those dictators, from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud, laughed derisively at Obama’s ignorance of their nefarious activities, such as uranium enrichment -- which Ahmadinejad accidentally gave away, then took back once Fidel Castro and Abdullah started panicking. To be sure, that ad was just portraying a scenario, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it really was happening as the 2008 American presidential election progressed. Now, however, Obama is the 44th President of America, succeeding George Walker Bush, and liberty’s enemies have begun ramping up their own activities, with liberty’s allies following suit.:

Ynet News: Russia sees Hamas taking more 'realistic' path
Hot Air: Ed Morrissey: Bibi rebuffs Barack on settlements

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s little visit to Damascus can only leave Hamas with some new credibility to use against President Obama in preparation for that apology tour through Cairo. Violent jihadism against Israel is Hamas’ overarching objective, as it is with Hezbollah, but of course, what would it matter as long as Russia can reassert itself as a geopolitical giant, attempting to drain America and its allies of their energy?:

International Institute for Counterterrorism: Artem Kroupenev: Russia’s Policy vis-à-vis Iran and Hezbollah
Foundation for Defense of Democracies: Clifford May: Oil and Warfare Mix

America’s military bases are scattered around the world, concentrated around shipping lanes through which oil tankers pass -- but also positioned near certain hotspots of interest to the generals and admirals of the world’s most powerful military. In fact, the United States Defense Department even as a map indicating areas of responsibility for all United States regional commands.:

Defense Department: The world with commanders’ areas of responsibility

The specific details are notable by themselves, but taken together, they reveal one unmistakable reality: the United States of America can deploy its forces to virtually any area on Earth, continuing its guardianship of liberty in the context of geostrategic events. With Iran, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Russia seeking to consolidate their respective energy resources to use as a collective weapon to force the West to give up on resisting their goals, oil shale within the United States will become that much important to give us even more breathing room for World War III.:

Investor’s Business Daily: A Chance in Shale

A 14-year supply of natural gas will easily be enough to give America energy independence, undoing Russia’s energy imperialism, if that’s what I may call it. Adding in several other shale formations across this country, Americans are standing on enough oil and natural gas “to make OPEC look like a mom-and-pop operation, much of it in the Green River Formation,” to quote the opinion writers of Investor’s Business Daily. Why should President Obama bow to Iran’s mullahs, the Arabian Peninsula’s oil sheikhs -- literally, in the case of the King of Saudi Arabia -- the Caudillo of Caracas, and Tsar Vladimir, er, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin when Obama can authorize new (environmentally-protective) initiatives to drill into those shale formations and extract that oil? If America ends up avoiding World War III -- despite my serious doubts -- then we really should be that much safer and happier for these new energy sources, and at this moment, I wonder who else to thank for raising this issue prominently.

BigLutz

Banned
CNN is now reporting that North Korea has successfully test fired a Nuke, and has launched a Short Ranged Missile. SKorea has formed crisis team, Britain says it is a breach of UN Resolutions, and the US says it is gravely concerned. Expect this to be dominating the news for the next few days.

ccangelopearl1362

CNN is now reporting that North Korea has successfully test fired a Nuke, and has launched a Short Ranged Missile. SKorea has formed crisis team, Britain says it is a breach of UN Resolutions, and the US says it is gravely concerned. Expect this to be dominating the news for the next few days.

Fox News Channel: World Leaders Condemn N. Korea’s Nuke Test
Fox News Channel: Obama Urges World to 'Stand Up' to North Korea, After Nuclear Test

On Memorial Day, no less? Leave it to Kim Jong-Il to pick a day dedicated to soldiers who gave their lives defending an idea diametrically opposed to everything he and his generals stand for to defy the rest of the world in a most explosive way. I’d say that John Bolton was as accurate as I thought he’d be a few days ago, and with Barack Obama as insistent on “negotiations” as he is, North Korea can only detect continued weakness on the United States’ part. A comprehensive missile defense network based across Japan, South Korea, and even Taiwan will be vitally important in shooting any missiles that fly toward either those countries or even America’s military bases in the North Pacific. Now-retired Lieutenant General Henry Obering should know exactly what we’re dealing with, having directed the Missile Defense Agency in recent years.:

Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance: General Obering’s analysis of North Korea’s (early April) missile launch
George Walker Bush’s speech to the National Defense University about missile defense
Boeing: Integrated Defense Systems: Missile Defense Systems: Airborne Laser

Kim Jong-Il’s ballistic missiles can shoot across the Pacific, making the Missile Defense Agency even more determined to spot and stop them. Airborne lasers and interceptors are and will be excellent tools to use in this endeavor, so that America can shoot down any missiles launched from Iran, North Korea, and/or even Pakistan. Boeing will deserve credit for developing this laser, and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will deserve credit for implementing her own missile defense initiatives against North Korea. President Barack Obama should have a much better time sticking to rock-solid American resolve against the tyranny of Kim Jong-Il.:

Sarah Palin’s April 8, 2009, letter to Defense Secretary Robert Gates
Weekly Standard: Fred Barnes: Going on Offense for Missile Defense

If a global missile defense shield can enable the United States of America to control the skies over the oceans of the world, then a nuclear jihad may turn out to be that much more difficult for either the Islamic Revolutionary Guards or the Inter-Services Intelligence to initiate. We have ground- and sea-based interceptors, and we could certainly develop more in the future. Such continued missile defense initiatives can only be critical should North Korea run out of control and World War III begin in East Asia rather than the Middle East.

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Well, North Korea as decided to put two fingers up to the America, Russia, UK, Japan, France and every other NATO and Warsaw Pact nation and decided to test two Nuclear Rockets, obviously with the Red China protecting them, is all we can do huff and puff?

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

RedState: Mark Impomeni: Obama’s Supreme Distraction
Fox News Channel: N. Korea Ignores World, Tests More Missiles

Huffing and puffing? Perhaps President Obama’s response was even worse than we estimated. North Korea has just test-launched more ballistic missiles, and Obama decided to announce Sonia Sotomayor’s nomination… this morning. Political, governmental, and military figures in Tokyo, Seoul, Canberra, Beijing, Moscow, New Delhi, Islamabad, Tehran, Riyadh, Cairo, Ankara, Athens, Rome, Berlin, Brussels, Paris, and London are all abuzz about what Mark Impomeni rightly calls “North Korea Week” this week, but not figures in Washington, D.C., all because Barack Hussein Obama wants to focus on promoting “empathy” toward Hispanics and women. The message to Kim Jong-Il can’t be any clearer, and if Claudia Rossett’s musings are accurate, then Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s understanding of current American weakness may be just as brutally stark.:

Pajamas Media: Claudia Rossett: Obama’s North Korean — and Iranian — Nuclear Test

Iran might or might not have been involved with this specific round of ballistic and nuclear tests on North Korea’s part, but it -- and any other country that wants nukes -- will see nothing except a massive green light to start bullying the rest of the Middle East and reasserting itself within the Islamic world. In fact, between dispatching six warships to the Gulf of Aden and challenging Obama himself to a debate at the United Nations, I’d say that Ahmadinejad’s doing a pretty good job of mocking the United States’ lack of resolve already.:

Fox News Channel: Iran Sends 6 Warships to International Waters in 'Saber Rattling' Move
Fox News Channel: Ahmadinejad Calls for Face-to-Face Showdown With Obama at United Nations

Ahmadinejad is facing a former Islamic Revolutionary Guards commanding general, among others, in Iran’s “elections”, if they can be called that, this upcoming June, but Iran’s ban on Facebook leading up to the elections can only unmask the Islamists’ hatred of sincere liberty once again. Incredibly, Iran’s getting to secure uranium from Venezuela and Bolivia, of all countries, extending their unholy alliance with international Marxists to a whole new degree.:

Fox News Channel: Israel: Venezuela, Bolivia Supplying Iran With Uranium for Nuclear Program
Russell Moore: Jewish Evangelism in Postmodern America

I’m sensing open season on Israel, the United States, Britain, and any others among the forces of liberty, and Russell Moore’s sincere outreach to Jews about three summers ago can only strengthen Judeo-Christianity’s foundation against its opponents, whether they submit to the doctrines of Marx or the traditions of Muhammad. American President Barack Obama may intend to demonstrate a kinder, gentler Supreme Court as part of a kinder, gentler country, but I doubt that America’s enemies and allies got the memo about ignoring North Korea and Iran’s joint defiance. This Supreme Court announcement bodes ill for America’s (possible) role in World War III.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Okay Okay, so who had North Korea start World War 3? Anyone?

North Korea just backed out of the armistace that ended the Korean War, and said if any boats were stopped or inspected, that they would respond with Military Action. Oh and they just started up their Nuke Plant again to get more nukes.

ccangelopearl1362

Fox News Channel: North Korea Warns of Military Strike on South After Restarting Nuke Plant

Uh, sorry, BigLutz. I was attempting to estimate what could happen in certain areas of the world leading up to World War III, based on what I’d been hearing out of certain thinkers, my favorites among them. I would not be surprised at all if Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso gave the authorization for his country to go nuclear.:

YouTube: Charles Krauthammer: We Need a Nuclear Japan

If Charles Krauthammer can recommend a nuclear Japan, then we may be even closer to an East Asian showdown than we expected as of this moment. North Korea’s current power struggle may very well result in a more confrontational regime, but if it turns out to be nobody in control of that wasteland of a country, then America and South Korea could collide with China over North Korea’s remaining nukes.:

Guardian: Simon Tisdall: No more sunshine in North Korea
American Thinker: James Lewis: Defeating a Hitler with nukes: Nothing else matters

Thus, here we are. Barack Obama has already bowed in front of the King of Saudi Arabia, and he’s preparing another apology tour for the Islamic world in a matter of weeks. In the meantime, he’s attempted to avoid North Korea’s nuclear/missile tests, focusing intensely on issues at home. If World War III begins in a matter of days, then I will certainly remember the beginning of this week. I can only wonder how many of those soldiers are turning in their graves…

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
Now North Korea. Can the United States afford another war? especially after the latest financial crisis?