• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War III Imminent?

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Well, this may be going to deep for a forum dedicated to Pokemon, but I propose a debate on what people feel about the conflict in the world and will this lead to World War III within our generation?

There are worrying simmilarities between the current global state and that of the global state in the early 20th Centuary. To throw some examples out there:

Collapse of the economic market (Wall Street Crash), causing hyperinflation in Germany 1929, paved the way for radicalist political groups. (Nazi)
=
World recession, global slowdown in the economy, hyperinflation in Zimbabwe of 231,000,000%. British economy failing, paving the way for the stark rise in radicalist political groups. (UKIP, BNP)
American dollar inferior to that of it's European counterpart the Euro and the Sterling, £1 - $2.00 / €1 - $1.40

Van der Lubbe (Comunist), burnt down the Reichstag of Germany. Used this to symbolised a national tragedy in Germany. Helped in destroying the Communist party of Germany, allowing for a full take over by the Nazi regime.

Historians belived that Hitler knew or even planned the attack in order to remove the communist threat.
=
In 2001, Muslim terrorists, hijacked and flew two American airlines into the WTC/Twin Towers, symbolised a national tragedy in America. Served as a basis for America to invade the Middle East.

Many people belive that the American goverment at the time knew or even planned the attack in order to invade the Middle East.

Hitler signed the Enabling Act shortly giving him dictorial powers over Germany
=
Bush signed the Patriot Act II, giving him dictorial powers over America, to the extent of those of Stalin and Hitler himself.

The rise of the Soviet Union in industry and power. USSR leader, Stalin refuses to cooperate with other countries in any global matters.
=
The rise of Russia in resources, provides Britian with it's power supply. Russia leader, Putin and Medvedev refuses to cooperate with other countries in any global matter.

Rise of communism (USSR)
=
Rise of communism (China)

Germany's programme of rearmament, collect and creating weapons also, making the army stronger and numerous.
=
Americas programme of nuclear rearmament, collecting and creating nuclear weapons (4075 Active Warheads, enough to cover the enitre globe... twice).

There are also more religious predictions that seem to point to know or the very near future that War is imminent, such as the collapse of the holy land (Israel conflict with Palastine), the world will be consumed in fire (Nuclear armament), The four horsemen of the apocalypse (Conquest - Hu Jintao, War - Barack Obama, Famine - Robert Mugabe, Death - ???), on a more eyebrow raising note the Bible speaks of the disappearence of bee's being a signifigant indicator to the end of the world (Mystrery Bee Disappearences).

Me personally, my opinion is that we will definatly see a World War III in our generation, it may not be for twenty or thirty years, but the signs are forever growing, faster and quicker throughout history.

BigLutz

Banned
There is alot of crap in this so lets sort it out, I am sure others will strike down more of it but I will go with the stuff I know is false.

Aeron said:
Collapse of the economic market (Wall Street Crash), causing hyperinflation in Germany 1929, paved the way for radicalist political groups. (Nazi)

Germany was already on the road to economic ruin before the Wall Street Crash, the Treaty of Versailles did more to help bring about Nazi Germany than anything else.

Aeron said:
Many people belive that the American goverment at the time knew or even planned the attack in order to invade the Middle East.

Those people are idiots and conspiracy nuts who do not have a shred of credibility and who have been disproven over and over again.

Aeron said:

China is heading away from Communism

Aeron said:
Bush signed the Patriot Act II, giving him dictorial powers over America, to the extent of those of Stalin and Hitler himself.

To say the Patriot Act 2 gave Bush the same powers as Stalin or Hitler is not only false, but a pathetic lie. If Bush was granted the same powers as Stalin or Hitler, many things including the election of Barack Obama, would have never happened.

Aeron said:
Americas programme of nuclear rearmament, collecting and creating nuclear weapons (4075 Active Warheads, enough to cover the enitre globe... twice).

America has persued Nuclear Disarmament for many years now, not to mention the lowering of our defenses in the 90s.

Aeron said:
War - Barack Obama

I can't stand the guy, but no.

randomspot555

There are worrying simmilarities between the current global state and that of the global state in the early 20th Centuary. To throw some examples out there:

If you strech it enough, you can find similarities to anything.

As Lutz said, the Treaty is what caused Germany's economic collapse. It was a bankrupt nation that was forced to pay the bills for the war. They turned to a guy who said "Screw that, we're doing our own thing."

9/11 Truthers have not one iota of evidence for this. They are honest to Ganesh the worst conspiracy theory nuts around.

The USA PATRIOT ACT is quite a piece of legislation, and it did give government more power. But it gave the entire executive branch (and judicial, and legislative) powers, not one person. And much of it has been ruled unconsitutional, or re-written when it was renewed.

So,....fail?

China is an economic power house because they're moving away from communism, at least as far as their economic policy goes.

That happened during the Cold War. Most of those military programs have been heavily cut, if not completely disbanded.

There are also more religious predictions that seem to point to know or the very near future that War is imminent,

Oh noes, religion says something? We should all panic.

Honestly, did you eve write this, or just copy/paste it from the Prison Planet forums?

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Wow, okay, guess this is a slate what I wrote.
Better lock and foget this thread then, humberly apologise for spamming up the debate area.

British economy failing, paving the way for the stark rise in radicalist political groups. (UKIP, BNP)

I'd just like to point out that the rise in the BNP has nothing to do with the economy as much as it does the utter incompetance of the Labour party and the fact that the Conservatives aren't too appealing at the moment either. Then combine that with the newspapers screaming about children with knives and immigrants and you have a minor problem.

Don't be fooled though, it is a minor one. This is mainly due to the fact that virtually all of the UK have the intelligence to not vote for a bunch of racist scumbags. The credit crunch is no where near as bad as it was in Germany in the 20's (bearing in mind that the price of bread would go up dramatically whilst you were still in the cue back then) and has no hope of giving rise to the BNP as anything close to a major party.

ccangelopearl1362

Honestly, did you eve write this, or just copy/paste it from the Prison Planet forums?

I will admit to having no idea what Prison Planet is, but I wish to develop a different argument involving some of the major players cited by Aeron. I’m thinking of, among other key points, Samuel Huntington’s vision of a world split along civilizational lines, as well as these developments, whether they grabbed the media’s attention or stayed below the radar, but I’ve seen certain variations about that model, in the form of a certain unholy alliance extending from the Middle East upward to East Asia. While North Korea tests its ballistic missiles over Japan, Russia and China hone their separate cyberwarfare capabilities, and I haven’t even brought international jihadism into the picture yet. From Pakistan into Europe, the Islamists are on the march, imposing Sharia as an all-encompassing governmental system wherever they go, and through those Muslim Brotherhood front groups mentioned in that special strategy memo of theirs, they have successfully sought to do the exact same thing inside America. Meanwhile, the Organization of the Islamic Conference wants criticism of Islam criminalized, declaring war on the freedom to think. As of this moment, my World War III scenarios involve either a surprise attack by North Korea against South Korea and Japan, the downfall of Pakistan to the very international jihadists it sponsored, an escalation of that Middle Eastern cold war into an actual shooting war, most likely between Israel and Iran… or some combination of these three. The Soviet Union is gone, but Islam and China have risen to challenge the West in their own separate ways. I would most certainly favor a global alliance consisting of the United States, Britain, Colombia, Brazil, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Poland, Israel, India, South Korea, Japan, and Australia, among other key nations of the world. Their locations may be vital in one way, but their attributes stand out to me in a different way, so that they can make a stand against the nuclear nightmare creeping across the southwestern part of Eurasia leading up to its eastern part. I would not be surprised at all if World War III unfolded according to these events.

elite ralf

I would say, drop everything and stop looking back onto the past, celebrate and cherish everything peacefully and whole-heartedly in the present and start creating a more war-free and prosperous future.

no one and nobody would seem to have a WWIII, especially now that all people are working their backs off just to have something to eat on their tables and put money in their cobwebbed wallets and pockets..

would you like to have a war? with all the "signs" you propose?...

think. and pray even. peace! ^^

ccangelopearl1362

I would say, drop everything and stop looking back onto the past, celebrate and cherish everything peacefully and whole-heartedly in the present and start creating a more war-free and prosperous future.

no one and nobody would seem to have a WWIII, especially now that all people are working their backs off just to have something to eat on their tables and put money in their cobwebbed wallets and pockets..

Indeed, and for seeking to turn millions in Israel and millions more in the United States into radioactive dust, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would deserve every curse and denouncement the American people can pour out. I could say the same thing about the Taliban regarding Pakistan and India, but my point should be clear enough. After pondering Ahmadinejad's world-ending agenda alongside Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom and the Muhammad cartoon riots, then taking my observations about American and world history into account, I have learned to never underestimate the capacity and willingness of despots to inflict any amount of damage they want in order to set themselves up for absolute, total control. It will be up to American President Barack Hussein Obama and British Prime Minister Gordon Brown to take a much firmer stance in defense of freedom during such a war, but I'm not optimistic at all.

elite ralf

lol, I don't even know how people get the names...there's news and stuff, but still...it's a little weird. ^^

anyways, WWIII still won't happening unless people with teh guns and weapons got any logic left.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
With all the free media and internet and stuff, i'm sure nothing like world war 2 will even happen again.

ccangelopearl1362, how come every post you make points to an Islamic plan to take over the world?

ccangelopearl1362

ccangelopearl1362, how come every post you make points to an Islamic plan to take over the world?

Actually, that has been one of the key points in my overall argument these past several days, weeks, and/or even months. From the Islamic Revolutionary Guards to Hizb Ut-Tahrir, international jihadists want submission to Allah without any questions at all, and they’ve either targeted or marginalized other Muslims who seek freedom for themselves.:

YouTube: Zuhdi Jasser: The Third Jihad: Part 1 of 4
Family Security Matters: Zuhdi Jasser: Obama Administration Stacking the Deck with Islamists

“I am also a Muslim, and I have dedicated my life to fighting the threat of radical Islam,” said Zuhdi Jasser of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy in narrating that special documentary. In going on to describe that Muslim Brotherhood strategy memo, Dr. Jasser said that “this is the war you don’t know about”. The jihadists are willing to use any means to achieve their agenda, including deception. They challenged America and its allies during the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, and they see their current mission as an extension of the all-encompassing project that began in the Arabian Peninsula fourteen centuries ago… about four centuries before the Crusades were even conceived of. They’ve even made movements against China, most recently leading up to the 2008 Beijing Olympics.:

American Thinker: Janet Levy: Xinjiang Province - The Islamic Jihad Battlefront in China
YouTube: Stuck Mojo: Open Season (Special CAIR Remix)

Samuel Huntington wasn’t joking in writing of Islam’s bloody borders and innards in The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order. Yet, the Islamists have managed to develop methods of countering both free speech and the current global economy… despite certain growing debates within Islamic civilization itself. Even as recently as yesterday, Benjamin Netanyahu explained that international jihadism’s ambitions reach nuclear – and doubtlessly nightmarish – proportions, but World War III might – and should most likely – involve much more than just simple military attacks and strategies.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
There's no need for WWIII. Who would we fight against? Who would fight with us? Why would we be fighting? The only way WWIII would actually be beneficial to us right now is to get us out of this recession, but there are actually quite a few peaceful ways we could do that, but our government(s) are too stupid to realize them.

Xiphos

Fire trainer of kaos
oh it's close...

and oh BOY is it gonna be fun to watch it all go down!

ThePokéman09

Nope, no one's stupid enough to initiate a war that will spell the end of civilization as we know it. As Einstein said, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones because civilization would totally cave in such an event. Why? Nukes, and perhaps maybe a century later, antimatter.

krawky95

Oprahs gonna eat ya
Nope, no one's stupid enough to initiate a war that will spell the end of civilization as we know it. As Einstein said, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones because civilization would totally cave in such an event. Why? Nukes, and perhaps maybe a century later, antimatter.

Not to offend anybody but No One? Yeah but in all seriousness I agree. There is also another quote I like. "They will be no Veterans of World War III" referring to nuclear weapons ending civilization, Its kinda sad when you think about it. =(

Rys

Postcount melting!
Please, the will be no nuclear hollocaust, nobody is stupid enough to fire one. Humanity will most likely be ended by natural causes like planetary destruction, disease or the wrath of toushirou fan girls if he is ever killed off.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Please, the will be no nuclear hollocaust, nobody is stupid enough to fire one. Humanity will most likely be ended by natural causes like planetary destruction, disease or the wrath of toushirou fan girls if he is ever killed off.

Robster

Cascade Trainer
Collapse of the British economy failing, paving the way for the stark rise in radicalist political groups. (UKIP, BNP)

Very slightly off topic here, but how is UKIP 'radicalist'. Of course the BNP are, but please don't group them and UKIP together - I don't see that it's radical to want to free Britain from European control.

oh it's close...

and oh BOY is it gonna be fun to watch it all go down!

Not when you're dead.

It was actually: "If the next war is fought with nuclear weapons, the one after that will be fought with bows and arrows."

Wise bloke.

ThePokéman09

It was actually: "If the next war is fought with nuclear weapons, the one after that will be fought with bows and arrows."

Yeah, that was pretty much a paraphrase. From what I know, though, it was "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I guess it's a bunch of different variations on the same thing...