• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

World War III Imminent?

BigLutz

Banned
Now North Korea. Can the United States afford another war? especially after the latest financial crisis?

US wouldn't be involved in this war more than military aid, if anything it would be the UN, Japan, and South Korea.

Not to mention North Korea was pretty much a push over in the Korean war until China got involved. Something I doubt would happen this time.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
one thing for sure, china and the us will contribute to a new world war

ccangelopearl1362

Fox News Channel: Russia Fears Korea Conflict Could Go Nuclear

China, Japan, and the United States aren’t the only major powers alarmed about North Korea. Russia has already called this a case of “brinkmanship” on Kim Jong-Il’s part, and I imagine that Dmitry Medvedev and Vladmir Putin are increasingly impatient about this. I wonder how many banks and companies Kim and his generals have enlisted in order to cover their tracks and develop their nukes, among other sinister activities.:

Heritage Foundation: Bruce Klingner: North Korea’s Nuclear Defiance
American Enterprise Institute: Nicholas Eberstadt: Pyongyang Has a Strategy--Do We?

Kim Jong-Il “has fundamental objections to the predominance of an "imperialist" world economy, to the "puppet" state [elsewhere known as the Republic of Korea] occupying the southern half of its peninsula and to the American security architecture that permits such outrages to continue,” wrote Nicholas Eberstadt in analyzing North Korea’s overall agenda. If you ask me, that statement bears an eerie resemblance to the basic points advanced by Hamas against Israel and the Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba against India. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Kim or his generals decided to sell at least one nuclear weapon to any of those jihad organizations… in an attempt to coordinate a global attack against America and its allies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
ccangelopearl1362, are you just going to quote random news stories? Because those news stories aren't 100% true. Especially Fox.

Anyway, I suppose the best strategy for winning WWIII is to take over Nintendo and confiscate all remaining Nintendium.

BigLutz

Banned
ccangelopearl1362, are you just going to quote random news stories? Because those news stories aren't 100% true. Especially Fox.

Fox is a respected news source and thus used here. Also ccangelopearl1362 tends to go around posting news stories and articles for the debate to either spur debate, or to further it, or in many cases provide proof to what some one has said earlier in the debate. He is probably the most unique member we have in the Debate Forum.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I wouldn't say that it is imminent, but there is always a chance of a world war. And when that happens we're SCREWED!... On another note, don't you guys think its weird that future generations will learn about the iraq-america war-thing? I always find that kinda weird cuz I don't even understand how that happened.

MustGetPlatinum

America is too deep in bed with every alliance known to mankind to be able to start a World War. Until Pan-Islamism is realized, the States face no legitimate threat.

Even North Korea is irrelevant. China is too buddy-buddy with America to aid North Korea at all, and until they decide to, it won't happen. Also, America's ideology of "Let's kick some *** and liberate random people!" won't allow them to go batshit insane and take over the world.

Besides, I think there's some unwritten law that says Germany has to fly off the handle for a World War to start.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Fox is a respected news source and thus used here. Also ccangelopearl1362 tends to go around posting news stories and articles for the debate to either spur debate, or to further it, or in many cases provide proof to what some one has said earlier in the debate. He is probably the most unique member we have in the Debate Forum.

Really? Huh.

Well then I apologize. I've only posted on the Debate Board around 5 times, so forgive me for not knowing the details.

Anyway, on topic, World War III isn't likely to start due to America. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that such a step would be idiotic.

I'd be more worried about WWIII starting due to an Arab attack on Israel.

ccangelopearl1362

(raising eyebrow, then clearing throat) It would seem that BigLutz has grasped the essence of my debating style. More often than not, I would prefer the news stories, opinion articles, and other websites I choose in order to start or promote debates on any issue to reinforce the specific issue I have in mind, from Operation Iraqi Freedom to American exceptionalism to Israel’s defense of liberty. Now that I think about it, the issues I typically focus on may be notable as a sort of pattern, leading all the way up to our current round of discussion about World War III… which may be get to be that much more likely if General George Casey’s scenario holds up.:

Fox News Channel: Army Chief: U.S. Can Fight North Korea If Necessary

Anyone who heard another thunderous rumble over East Asia in the course of reading Casey’s words is most certainly not alone. The Institute for Science and International Security has done an excellent service in providing satellite images of the testing site for that nuke, so that we can get a better glimpse into the small earthquake generated by the explosion within that area -- and also ponder the coming, larger earthquake across the Korean Peninsula.:

Institute for Science and International Security: Commercial Satellite Imagery of 2009 Nuclear Test Site in North Korea

The second image displays a compound about 1.9 kilometers away from the test’s epicenter -- as recorded by the United States Geological Survey. Between the fence/wall surrounding the compound and the forestry around the larger are, it’s quite a compelling image to look, if you ask me. No less compelling is a third image indicating a series of tunnels for that nuclear test in 2006. Given how connected North Korea is to China, I can only wonder exactly how quickly the former would collapse should the latter declare that its patient has run out.:

Heritage Foundation: Derek Scissors: China Global Investment Tracker

Chinese non-bond investments have poured into both America and Australia, but also into Russia, Greece, Saudi Arabia, and Peru. Yet, certain setbacks have come and gone for the Chinese, so that that behemoth of a country might actually turn out to be more unstable than Hu Jintao and his advisors would like to admit. I can only remember that World War II began right in the middle of the Great Depression, but this time, it’s American President Barack Obama’s turn to kowtow to certain countries that don’t want liberty by, among other things, offering to dismantle America’s existing missile defense programs -- despite the observations of no less than Alaska Governor Sarah Palin -- and future warhead construction programs -- despite the mounting nuclear buildup of India in response to the Taliban’s proximity to Islamabad.:

American Enterprise Institute: John Bolton: A Fast Way to Lose the Arms Race
Washington Post: R. Jeffrey Smith and Joby Warwick: Nuclear Aims By Pakistan, India Prompt U.S. Concern

Admittedly, North Korean or Pakistani nukes are more violent than Chinese investments as possible geopolitical factors in a coming Third World War, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Kim Jong-Il or the Inter-Services Intelligence sold one to a certain branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards -- only to end up in the hands of, say, Hezbollah. Hezbollah can quite easily threaten Israel on Iran’s behalf, perhaps outdoing Hamas and Al-Qaeda. With diamond smuggling operations now increasingly being detected across Africa, the web of hatred constructed by the jihadists can only spread into areas rather difficult to track. I will wish United States intelligence and counterterrorism officials success and the best of luck in targeting these sources of dirty money for Hezbollah, just as they targeted that cigarette smuggling network in North Carolina, not to mention certain forms of propaganda for Al-Qaeda around the world, especially online.:

Counterterrorism Blog: Matthew Levitt: Hezbollah Supporters Targeted in Africa
NEFA Foundation: Al-Qaida’s Online Couriers

I would imagine that the Global Islamic Media Front generates an awful lot of speculation among budding jihadists around the world, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that debating companion BigLutz mentioned regarding Israel consulted this organization in order to get a confirmation call from Al-Qaeda’s headquarters… whatever cave that may be. Speaking of online capabilities, I am left to wonder about a cyberwarfare component to World War Three, disrupting communications and transport capabilities for the United States and its allies, thereby leaving liberty’s allies in electrical gridlock.

mangaeyes

In 2001, Muslim terrorists, hijacked and flew two American airlines into the WTC/Twin Towers, symbolised a national tragedy in America. Served as a basis for America to invade the Middle East.

Many people belive that the American goverment at the time knew or even planned the attack in order to invade the Middle East.

This is going very off topic but just watch this...it explains a lot...

Anyway no I think the world has learned a lot from the first 2 World Wars and I think the circumstances were very different and I doubt a World War will every happen again.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned

mangaeyes

Glad to know Family Guy continues to be unfunny while spouting pathetic political views.

For a second there I was worried.

Hhhmm...I usually don't believe in stereotpying but I think I've got you sussed out 100% BigLutz...

BigLutz

Banned
Yeah but its true....soooooo...

No not really, the joke was based on I guess the long held mistaken belief that Bush tied 9/11 to Iraq. The truth is Bush never said in a speech said that Saddam or Iraq was responsible for 9/11. But then again leave it to Family Guy to take what could be a sobering and upstanding moment of silence, or reflection of those that died. And turn it into a political joke based on a lie created out of whole cloth.

Hhhmm...I usually don't believe in stereotpying but I think I've got you sussed out 100% BigLutz...

And what type of stereotype am I?

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Wall Street Journal: Gates Says North Korea Nuclear Test Surprised China

I wonder what Hu Jintao and his advisors could be up to inside Beijing’s walls. If even those people are nervous about something Kim Jong-Il did, then you know it has to be really, really bad. Recruiting some of Kim’s generals may serve Hu’s advisors to a certain degree in attempting to control of what remains of North Korea once the Kim regime falls, but I have to guess that Lee Myung-Bak and histeam of advisors are no less eager to give the people of North Korea a chance at genuine freedom. Unfortunately for them, President Osama’s “empathy” could result in a literally nuclear option for that part of the world, and I don’t just mean North Korea and Iran, either.:

Human Events: Gary Bauer: Will Obama Trigger the ‘Nuclear Option’?

While Sudan’s genocidal tyrant attempts to verbally smooth Obama’s diplomatic feathers, thereby making the American left feel good -- as if they’ve nothing sincerely serious to do regarding Darfur -- Omar Al-Bashir’s minions are targeting Western aid agencies and preparing to renew their strikes against Christians in Sudan’s southern regions. Political prisoners in Cuba are no less afflicted under Fidel Castro’s regime, doomed to stay jailed under Castro’s directives. If that isn’t enough, I see the Taliban gathering new resources from outside Afghanistan, no doubt to reinforce their arsenals against, of all people, the very individuals who sponsored them these many years.:

The Hindu: Pakistani Taliban claims Lahore attack
Wall Street Journal: Taliban’s Foreign Support Vexes U.S.

Something smells rotten near Islamabad, and it smells like… Sharia finance. I’m not surprised at all to see the Taliban use money to promote their jihad against India and any Pakistan freedom-lovers, silencing anyone who refuses total submission to Allah. I won’t be surprised if Obama authorizes the Treasury Department to label these charities as terrorists, disabling their financial supply lines, a most suitable precedent for making World War III more difficult for them.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
Something smells rotten near Islamabad, and it smells like… Sharia finance. I’m not surprised at all to see the Taliban use money to promote their jihad against India and any Pakistan freedom-lovers, silencing anyone who refuses total submission to Allah. I won’t be surprised if Obama authorizes the Treasury Department to label these charities as terrorists, disabling their financial supply lines, a most suitable precedent for making World War III more difficult for them.

Freedom lovers??!! Listen, taliban kill people indiscriminately. Political views don't matter, its not about sharia, its plain terrorism. The dead and injured are mostly regular people, not some super-liberals. And when did India started to matter more? It is clear that Pakistan is taking the worst damage from terrorism, India's doesn't even compare.

ccangelopearl1362

Fox News Channel: Officials: New Signs of North Korea Missile Preparations

Oh, great, and days before the 20th anniversary of the Tiananmen Massacre, no less? Kim Jong-Il’s sense of timing may be sinisterly uncanny, perhaps even more so this week. It might only be a matter of time before one of his intercontinental ballistic missiles ends up aimed directly at Seoul, taking up any lessons from this latest launch, if it really should come at any time next week. If even William Perry and Brent Scowcroft can leave open the possibility of actual American military strikes against North Korea’s missiles bases, then we may see a new week of turmoil ahead of us. President Barack Obama and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates may want some genuine courses of action to take down Kim’s regime once and for all -- now.:

Hot Air: Ed Morrissey: Administration: Now North Korea is a threat again
Cybercast News Service: Perry, Scowcroft Say U.S. May Need to Use ‘Coercion’ to Stop North Korean Nuclear Aspirations

At this point, I have no idea which is making me dizzier: Kim’s yells of defiance, or Obama’s position switches. From counterfeit dollars to bank recruitment, North Korea has assembled an array of tools to prepare for a new showdown with America and its East Asian allies, and China and Iran have only been too happy to assist it. Not surprisingly, China’s leaders themselves have oppressed their own people, including implementing forced labor camps inside that giant country and imposing abortions on Chinese women.:

Family Security Matters: Jeffrey Imm: Chinese People Are Human Beings Too
Family Security Matters: Peter Huessy: Baking Pyongyang’s Multilayered Nuclear Cake

If genuine human rights for the people of China wind up undoing Hu Jintao and his advisors, then I am left to wonder about efforts by certain prominent Christians to highlight any changes occurring beneath our attention spans. Maoism may be gone, but the insertion of Judeo-Christianity into China can only disrupt key civilizational currents there, alarming any People’s Liberation Army generals who still prefer a confrontation with the United States to replace it as the global superpower. A new alliance with Pakistan may end up enhancing China’s position within the Islamic world, despite the instability still in that country in the wake of the Taliban’s latest attack against the Inter-Services Intelligence. One can guess that those PLA generals wouldn’t be too happy that India has grown ever closer to America, giving us a strategic advantage in South Asia.:

New York Post: Ralph Peters: Just Walk Away
Fox News Channel: Pakistani Troops Retake Largest Town in Swat Valley

It looks like President Asif Ali Zardari and any elements of Pakistan’s military still loyal to the United States decided to take on the Taliban themselves, so that a new phase in their current power struggle with the Islamists inside their country is evidently under way. They may need all the luck they can get and all the skill they can muster to counter these incursions, but even so, the Taliban and other international jihadists may still end up receiving financial and verbal solidarity not only right out of the Middle East, but also inside the United States.:

Middle East Media Research Institute Blog: Liquefied Natural Gas Catapults Qatari Sheikhs to Great Diplomatic Heights
Washington Post: Jackson Diehl: Abbas’ Waiting Game

The United States will be better off producing its own oil and natural gas, draining the flow of money to and from those petrodollar sheikhdoms, which would result in woes for the Wahhabis and other forms of political Islam. Sharia supremacism will be that much closer to fading away, I think, and the timing couldn’t be any better. Mahmoud Abbas has rejected Ehud Olmert’s offer for a “Palestinian state”, spewing the usual response that the offer is “insufficient”, leaving only the destruction of Israel as the only possible option. With that as the case, though, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu really doesn’t have any options left, at least not with the Palestinian Arabs themselves. I would take Judeo-Christianity’s movements into China and defenses inside the United States over political Islam’s movements inside both China and the United States.:

Family Security Matters: Clare Lopez: GITMO Uyghurs Are Jihadis

Given China’s attempts to contain the Islamists lurking among those Uighurs, its assistance to Pakistan might be strategic, at best. I would be pleasantly surprised to see China declare further cooperation with America against the Islamists, but a quadrilateral alliance of India, Japan, Australia, and the United States may end up… nudging certain supporters of freedom within China’s government toward that objective, slowly but steadily. I see a Judeo-Christian pincer approaching the Middle East, right under Barack Obama and Hu Jintao’s respective noses. Both men could use some hints about liberty’s real power in order to transform China into a genuine ally of America -- especially if the former really intends to commemorate Tiananmen’s 20th anniversary by kowtowing to a different dictatorial regime -- making a Third World War that much worse for the jihadists, Latin America and East Asia's Marxists, and other enemies of freedom around the world.

Last edited:

pokemaster001

ccangelopearl1362

Fox News Channel: S. Korea Criticizes N. Korea Over Nuclear, Missile Tests

I suppose that it was only a matter of time before Southeast Asia’s other countries started declaring solidarity with South Korea and Japan against North Korea, sensing that an East Asian showdown could end up turning their neighborhoods into war zones, as well. That surface-to-air missile launcher positioned near this Southeast Asia-South Korea summit is going to come in handy should yet another North Korean missile launch show up on our radar screens this week. With Barack Obama focusing his political energy on Sonia Sotomayor’s “racial empathy” this week, however -- as if that coming apology tour through Egypt wasn’t enough -- the rest of the world may be even less patient with the United States now than we would like in defending its freedom to act.:

Orange County Register: Mark Steyn: North Korea provokes with impunity
American Enterprise Institute: Dan Blumenthal and Robert Kagan: What to Do about North Korea

“If you’re starving to death in Pyongyang, North Korea is about North Korea. For everyone else, North Korea and Iraq, and Afghanistan and Iran, are about America: American will, American purpose, American credibility,” wrote Mark Steyn. He went on to explain that even though the rest of the world doesn’t necessarily commemorate a day to honor American soldiers who’ve given their lives in battle, it does understand how crude Obama’s half-hearted diplomatic stalemates greeting a nuclear test on that specific day will be to this country’s global leadership. Ironically, direct American engagement with North Korea -- while consulting with Japan and South Korea -- can and should expose ordinary North Koreans to greater exposure to America’s best attributes, thereby beginning to undo the brainwashing implemented by Kim Jong-Il and his generals. I would think that a healthy dose of confidence from academics in America and its allies will counter Kim’s ballistic outbursts -- very much unlike what certain apologists for certain other tyrannical individuals and even Obama himself have been up to recently.:

New York Daily News: Michael Goodwin: On Obama’s travels to Mideast and Europe, he should leave the apologies behind
American Thinker: Jonathan Schanzer: Islamic Speakers Bureau Backed By Radical Profs

The people of Bosnia, Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan were Muslims, but they -- or at least, certain elements of those people -- wanted a simple taste of freedom for themselves within the 21st century, without threats of mass destruction from Sharia supremacists. Then again, I suppose that John Esposito, Hamza Yusuf Hanson, and Ingrid Mattson would just continue claiming American imperialism against Islamic countries, equivocating between Saudi Arabian Wahhabism and European Protestantism, and all that good stuff, all to create diversions from the jihad ideology. I’m guessing that Heinrich Himmler’s approval of Islam as a belief system for soldiers won’t do much to alter their agenda.:

Militant Islam Monitor: Emerson Vermaat: Heinrich Himmler’s Remarkable Admiration For Islam: “It Promises Beautiful Women In Heaven”

Himmler’s alliance with Amin Al-Husseini would produce the Handschar Division, which went ahead in massacring Serb civilians in the Second World War, and Himmler himself declared an Ottoman victory at Vienna in 1683 to have been good for Europe. Himmler and Al-Husseini’s joint anti-Semitism will stand as villainously as it has during my argument in defense of Israel, and even now, the Middle East may once again be ready to explode with Islamic rage against that tiny beacon of liberty and peace.:

Israel National News: Israel Prepares for War: 5-Day ‘Turning Point 3’ Exercise Begins
Jerusalem Post: Caroline Glick: Israel and the Axis of Evil

It’ll be a good thing that Benjamin Netanyahu is retaining his commitment to Israel’s defense against Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ali Khamenei’s exterminatory ambitions, and it may be even better that observers from the United States and Japan, among other countries, will get front-row seats to this exercise, taking up reference points of their own. Hezbollah’s entrenchment in Lebanon may very well lead all the way to a Middle Eastern component for a Third World War, especially if it accuses Israel of preparing an actual attack often enough that it decides to attack first. As President Barack Obama jets off to Egypt this Thursday, he could use some pointers about stopping Iran’s diplomatic dodges -- which are copying North Korea’s provocations even now. Indeed, if Obama’s timeline for talking with Iran’s ayatollahs proves accurate, then America will be prepared to target that Shiite theocracy -- after Iran gets the nuclear bomb. With Ecuador getting ready to enlist Iran in developing its defense industry, Iran’s Latin American expansionism may only create bigger headaches for Obama and his advisors… despite Lula da Silva’s refusal to cooperate with Tehran’s “investments”. Iranian ballistic missiles in Latin America will probably target American military bases in and around that region of the world, encircling our allies in the process.:

Cybercast News Service: Iran, Ecuador Eye Military Ties As U.S. Prepares to Withdraw from Airbase
Heritage Foundation: Ray Walser: Secretary of State Clinton in El Salvador and Honduras: Defining Obama’s Latin America Policy

Open markets for El Salvador and the rest of Latin America can generate genuine prosperity in that region, giving the people there a chance to develop their creativity as productively as they wish. Even in Cuba, a movement for freedom grows underneath our ability to detect it, and I wouldn’t doubt any alarm on the part of the Castro brothers that their brand of tyranny is beginning to crumble. Private enterprise initiatives can benefit both Latin America and the United States, so that Barack Obama will be far better off rejecting the misery that his advisors and associates have been promoting in the name of governmental expansion into public life in this great country. Ironically, Sonia Sotomayor may be more helpful toward both this end and strengthened American solidarity with Israel than we expect. At any rate, anything Sotomayor says about Israel now can only warrant our attention if we really intend to extend our alliances for freedom to Latin America alongside Israel.:

JTA: Life story, Israel trips tie Sotomayor to Jews

This unintended consequence of Sotomayor’s nomination has left me rather curious, and I can only opine that she should be even better off defending American constitutionalism and legal equality rather than, say, rely on something like racial empathy to make her judicial arguments. I would think that if she can do that, then certain segments of Latin America may be inspired to pursue their own opportunities to develop their destinies by themselves… without coercion from either the Caudillo of Caracas or his Islam(ist)ic allies. Venezuela’s assistance of Iran’s nuclear programs can only give that country of jihadists a weapon of nightmarish proportions to use against the United States and its friends and allies, trapping anyone standing in its path in a web of hatred and deception, when in fact, Latin America itself may be even more diverse than the American left gives it credit for.:

American Thinker: J.C. Arenas: Homogenizing ‘Hispanics’

From Puerto Rico to Brazil, Latin America encompasses different backgrounds, so it will be appropriate to extend a hand of friendship to them, countering anyone wishing to set up any tyrannical regimes in America’s backyard. If Lula da Silva and Alvaro Uribe maintain their respective positions against Venezuela and Iran, then I will welcome Brazil and Colombia’s assistance should World War III break out, even within the next few weeks.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
No not really, the joke was based on I guess the long held mistaken belief that Bush tied 9/11 to Iraq. The truth is Bush never said in a speech said that Saddam or Iraq was responsible for 9/11. But then again leave it to Family Guy to take what could be a sobering and upstanding moment of silence, or reflection of those that died. And turn it into a political joke based on a lie created out of whole cloth.

And what type of stereotype am I?

Badass Republican?