• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worse Dub Changes

lunic

Banned
The NEW One-piece dub. They changed the voices and everything (Robin-Accent=BAD). The opening is good, but the voices scare me. (Thank god were on Skypeia)

Rave

Banned
The NEW One-piece dub. They changed the voices and everything (Robin-Accent=BAD). The opening is good, but the voices scare me. (Thank god were on Skypeia)

Are your ears busted?

Get used to the voices. Hopefully some of them will improve over time.

uber gon

Accept Change
Pokémon AG when 4kids dubbed it. What's wrong with having rice balls over subs?

Yeah, how could they take Robin's accent away? I mean, that was her character... I mean, she had a cowboy hat and everything!

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Which you've never given.
And I don't plan to.
Give them, or admit you're an idiot.
I'm an idiot. Not that you didn't already know that.
"LULZ".
You are trying to get American entertainment out of a Japanese show.
Because I prefer American entertainment. Fun Piece doesn't have very much American entertainment, which is one reason I don't really like it.
You think American/Europeans can only like American entertainment?
No, but logically Americans would prefer American entertainment. I'm not sure about Europeans.
So my question is do you have ADD?
I don't remember.
You make my brain stop working. Period.
You have no originality. Period.
What happen to it?
I don't understand what you're trying to ask here.
Translation: I actually don't have any reasons, but I'm going to act like I do.
You're not very good at translating. It's people like you who cause Engrish to occur.
My next move will almost assuredly be come up with a lame excuse to tell you that I don't feel the need to explain them to you.
Are you psychic?
If he gave some reasonable reasons then I'd stop bashing him.....
Actually, you'd probably "bash" my reasons even more than my opinion.
And no, I'm not giving examples. >_>
Where did that come from?
The NEW One-piece dub.
Thank you for not being a wannabe Japanese person.
They changed the voices and everything (Robin-Accent=BAD).
This is another reason I don't like Fun Piece. There, you got two reasons out of me. Is that good enough, or are you going to keep insulting me until I tell you what you want to know? I'm guessing the second one, but the part where I tell you my reasons won't happen.
Yeah, how could they take Robin's accent away? I mean, that was her character... I mean, she had a cowboy hat and everything!
I know! The fiends!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Because I prefer American entertainment. Fun Piece doesn't have very much American entertainment, which is one reason I don't really like it.

Uh...um...what does this mean?

The voices are still in English, but sound better. Where is the lack of American entertainment, or whatever the hell that means?

Erus Black Mage

Though just to defend Deoxys a little, if you gotten used to the 4Kids voices, then it may be hard to get used to the FUNi version.

And where does it say that Americans HAVE to enjoy American stuff. Pokemon is from Japan, Naruto is from Japan, many bedtime stories are based off of european literature.

Prio

And I don't plan to.

I'm an idiot. Not that you didn't already know that.

"LULZ".

No, but logically Americans would prefer American entertainment. I'm not sure about Europeans.

I don't remember.

You have no originality. Period.

I don't understand what you're trying to ask here.

You're not very good at translating. It's people like you who cause Engrish to occur.

Are you psychic?

Where did that come from?

This is another reason I don't like Fun Piece. There, you got two reasons out of me. Is that good enough, or are you going to keep insulting me until I tell you what you want to know? I'm guessing the second one, but the part where I tell you my reasons won't happen.

I know! The fiends!

You are a cause to the reprecusion of human society please cut of you penis so you don't reproduce and plunge us farther down the path of idocracy.

Chris

Old Coot
Beside the obvious 4Piece and Cardcaptors dubs, my vote goes to half of the changes made to DBZ/DBGT.

Artificial Humans becoming "Androids" even though the primary bunch were actually cyborgs. "Power Level" becoming an overused word to replace "Ki" despite its original intent was for Scouter use only. None of the original music being used until 11 years later for Z (and even then, the opening and major vocal insert songs are not present in the English audio for the remasters). Majin Boo's original form being claimed as the strongest form when he was simply referred to as the most dangerous. GT's original music also being done away with and replaced with an attempt at synthesized hip-hop. Jokes and puns being written into several scenes within each episode. Nonsensical name changes such as "Frieza" (Freeza), "Majuub" (Oob did NOT change his name upon merging with Boo), "Tien Shin Han" (Tenshinhan), the seven evil Dragons (originally named after the number of stars they represented along with sharing some of Shenlong's name), "Fasha" (Selypa), "Tora" (Toma), and so forth. Vegeta's final moments after Freeza delivered a final blow being about how "Frieza" took him away from his daddy instead of being about how Kakarrot should fight Freeza with the pride of a Saiyan and actually defeat Freeza and not take pity on him.

I could go on and on. ;\

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So I'm American but also Hispanic. I enjoy other culture's entertainment. Besides what is this American entertainment that you need badly in every show you watch? But you are trying to pull "American Entertainment" out of a Japanese Show. It's like trying to find an orange in an apple tree. Go watch something else then.
No? Stop Generalizing.
I don't remember.
Could be a sign.
Are you psychic?
You're just too easy to read
Well then we'd have a sensible argument then LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING.

What do you mean? Just because we wanted better Voice acting and edits doesn't make us Weaboos.
You won't tell us because you know your reasons aren't good. We aren't insulting you at all. We want to find a logic behind your logic. If there is any.
I know! The fiends!
You like Stereotypes? and you're not too good at sarcasm either.

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
I personally HATE the dubs to Ayashi no Ceres (or Ceres Celestial Legend here in the US, I believe). I only had the dubbed versions, so didn't bother finishing the Anime; I gave it away to a friend. I just finished the manga and that was that.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
@Deoxys911: You're complaining about a more authentic, better translated and acted and directed English dub done by folks who ACTUALLY WANT TO BE FAITHFUL TO THE SPIRIT OF THE ORIGINAL SHOW. Yet you say you prefer a *******ized version to it. And you are angry that people are asking you to state your reasons for it? Yeesh.

As for English dub changes... Uh, generally I tend to avoid them if they aren't worthwhile, but I did make myself go through types like Evangelion. I think it's a pretty accurate reflection of the state of anime in the U.S. for its time: good English dub in those ages, but it ages very badly when you have actual competent directors and scripwriters appearing nowadays. Matt Greenfield just should not cast, direct, or write English dubs unless they're comedy. (And yes, HE SOMEHOW GOT IT RIGHT with RahXephon. But that was a miracle.)

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
You are a cause to the reprecusion of human society please cut of you penis so you don't reproduce and plunge us farther down the path of idocracy.
This is really hard to understand, but to respond to the part I do understand, no. I will not do that, as that would deprive me of many important things.
Artificial Humans becoming "Androids" even though the primary bunch were actually cyborgs. "Power Level" becoming an overused word to replace "Ki" despite its original intent was for Scouter use only. None of the original music being used until 11 years later for Z (and even then, the opening and major vocal insert songs are not present in the English audio for the remasters). Majin Boo's original form being claimed as the strongest form when he was simply referred to as the most dangerous. GT's original music also being done away with and replaced with an attempt at synthesized hip-hop. Jokes and puns being written into several scenes within each episode. Nonsensical name changes such as "Frieza" (Freeza), "Majuub" (Oob did NOT change his name upon merging with Boo), "Tien Shin Han" (Tenshinhan), the seven evil Dragons (originally named after the number of stars they represented along with sharing some of Shenlong's name), "Fasha" (Selypa), "Tora" (Toma), and so forth. Vegeta's final moments after Freeza delivered a final blow being about how "Frieza" took him away from his daddy instead of being about how Kakarrot should fight Freeza with the pride of a Saiyan and actually defeat Freeza and not take pity on him.

I could go on and on. ;\
Apparently. Wow, I never knew it was that edited.
You won't tell us because you know your reasons aren't good.
No, it's because I know you people won't think my reasons are good. Not because I "know" they're not good. See, I like edited anime, such as the old One Piece. You like anime in its original form, except possibly with dubs or subs. That is why I don't like the new One Piece dub as much. Well, a third reason.
and you're not too good at sarcasm either.
That wasn't sarcasm.
Besides what is this American entertainment that you need badly in every show you watch?
What I actually meant is non-Asian based entertainment.
It's missing the classic American pun.
That's another problem I have with it.
The voices are still in English, but sound better.
To me, they sound absolutely horrible. I liked the non-fitting yet likable(To me.) voices they had before.
And you are angry that people are asking you to state your reasons for it?
No, I'm just annoyed at them because I have twenty people a day saying "You're just a stupid ****** who doesn't know what good entertainment is. What do you mean, "(Insert quote of me here.)"? Explain your stupid reasons." and things like that in response to me. I understand that most people like Fun Piece better, but I'm just different. I honestly liked Dub Piece better, that's all there is to it.

P.S. As I'm sure you've noticed(Or not.) I didn't reply to every post like I usually do. This is because I'm not going to reply to all of you anymore. If you don't like that, too bad. If you don't care, don't quote or pay attention to this paragraph.

Last edited:

Prio

This is really hard to understand, but to respond to the part I do understand, no. I will not do that, as that would deprive me of many important things.

You will have three children one will be emo one will be a furry and one will be a pedophile all genetically inferior human beings like you.