• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst 6 In-game Pokemon?

Rakurai

Pretty sure it's still a better Pokemon then Delibird, thanks to having a large moveset and higher stats overall.

Delibird is pretty much useless until you can get TMs or move tutors to teach it moves other then Present, at which point it could be passable thanks to its okay speed and the Hustle ability to make its attack stat barely worth mentioning.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
6 worst pokemon? a team full of Dunsparce. Seriously, I tried doing that and lost to a machoke. A Machoke. He wanted all of the D (as in Dunsparce, Perverts).

Well, what did you expect? A full team of first-stage Normal-types against a decent second-stage Fighting-type? Unless you loaded those Dunsparce up with proper paraflinch sets, I don't know what other outcome you could have been anticipating.

Unredemption

Smogon's articles are always on the negatives.

The Unown analysis is filled with even more sarcasm.

Anything that resists its mighty Hidden Power or has equally as mighty Special Defense beats the mighty Unown. Blissey, with her fatness stretching on for eternity, walls Unown for perpetuity, even if its Hidden Power is Fighting kung fu. Grumpig is an equally good candidate.

I'm not sure what the developers intended Unown to be other than a mythological gimmick.

Masterofknees

@ Masterofknees: whoah, did you just dis victreebell? used him on my 1st ever play-thru, on silver, definitely NOT one of the worst. granted, not great, but i won't stand for someone knocking my original team! And for parasect, i used him recently on blue (maybe it was yellow), he was actually really good, think i had mega drain, spore, slash, and dig. granted it was blue, so anything is usable, but i had a lot of fun w/ him. I fail to see why people think he's one of the worst, especially w/ spore. 4x weakness =/= bad, i mean look at all those dragons. granted they have good stats and parasect doesn't, but i thnk he's pretty decent and make up ok for his bad stats

As I said, I probably didn't use Victreebel right. Parasect being weak could come from the fact that I played Heart Gold, Pokémon don't level much in between gyms as you already hit the Elite Four at lvl 40. It didn't learn anything worthwhile, which might come from just that, and there aren't any good TMs at that point either.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Smogon's articles are always on the negatives.

No, they only do that for Pokemon that suck rather badly and have no redeeming features so people who wouldn't know any better know better.

Like, say, Castform.

also lol @ people not reading or understanding the thread, like, at all

Last edited:

wauknay84

@ ParaChomp: i definitely considered castform at one point, but him and spinda are about the same, just spinda has 10 less in every stat and imo slighlty worse movepool, more or less can't boltbeam

@ Rakurai: ya, and i sort of just realized that a day ago, but he's not gonna have ANYTHING to do at all other than carpet bomb w/ presents, should be good for some lulz. kinda feel obligated to never delete present on him either, hahaha

@ Unredemption and carboncopy: those moveset articles are the best, i think ditto pre-5th gen goes about the same way.

@ Masterofknees: hahaha, ya, i pretty much agree, they can be tough to use in-game i'm sure, but i'm looking for the next level of suck, like the worst possible. but i like them both personally, especially victreebell like i said. but the TM recieving in-game can be a pain, am i right?

@ Excitable Boy: seriously, it'd be nice if people look at the list i've got, then comparing to those, rather than just spouting random pokemon. Some i can understand, they might have used them in-game and had a rough time of it. but some are seriously inexcusable.

Side note, toughest part of any new play-thru: nicknaming. still can't think of a good one for smeargle, ditto, or ledian (assuming i use it)

Last edited:

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
Delibird, unown, all the normal types that are clones of Raticate(except Watchog if you use him right. Looking at you Lenora), Beedrill, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and Ledian.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Delibird, unown, all the normal types that are clones of Raticate(except Watchog if you use him right. Looking at you Lenora), Beedrill, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and Ledian.

Raticate is decent. FEAR!!!
Sentret sucks, ain't gonna wrestle you on that.
Zigzagoon is a monster in RSE lol. It can learn Surf, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dig, Headbutt, Slash blah blah blah. It's the best regional rodent lol. Pickup is a sexy ability too.
Bibarel makes a great HM Slave.
Watchog... Other than Lenora's one, the rest all sucks (gasp, Top Percentage Lenora!?)

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Raticate is decent. FEAR!!!
Sentret sucks, ain't gonna wrestle you on that.
Zigzagoon is a monster in RSE lol. It can learn Surf, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dig, Headbutt, Slash blah blah blah. It's the best regional rodent lol. Pickup is a sexy ability too.
Bibarel makes a great HM Slave.
Watchog... Other than Lenora's one, the rest all sucks (gasp, Top Percentage Lenora!?)

I agree. Here is my view on the rodents.

Raticate : Fear, nice speed, nice attack, nice shiny, me like *w*
Furret : Nice shiny..looks like the chesire cat..hmm...yeah that's it really..
Linoone : EXTREME SPEEED STAB!!! *o* Awesome shiny, seed bomb, great move pool, great speed, but extreme speed? Need I say more?
Bibarel : Best HM slave ftw~! Semi-good shiny, but i'm not saying it's better than linoone.
Watchog : Nice shiny, nice illuminate slave for shiny hunters, nice thunder wave/hyponsis to help capture shinies, and great rodent as rodents go. Better than Furret, not shiny wise, but you know what I mean ;)

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
... Bibarel is a terrible shiny.

I'd say...
1 is the best of the 6, 6 is the worst in-game Pokemon from the first 5 regions.

1)Whismur
2)Wormadam
3)Mawile
4)Pachirisu
5)Sunkern
6)Chimchar

Chimchar is just an orange monkey. Oh, but he has a flame on his tail. Cool, now he looks fantastic. NO,NO HE DOESN'T! LOL, IDK if Whismur belongs but it's all I could think of. Mawile @ #5? Maybe.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Unown (impossible to win in Generation II/Remakes if you get Hidden Power Psychic)
Caterpie (impossible to win in Generation III - all). Same with Metapod.
Weedle (impossible to win in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Same with Kakuna.
Magikarp (impossible to win in in Generation I / Remakes)

Those are the ones that are most immediately cited.

I solo'd Gold and Heart Gold with Farfetch'd and won. Heart Gold was much easier.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I would have to say Alomomola. It has very uneven stats.
Audino does not serve as a good Chansey clone.
The Burmy line. Mainly Mothim in general.
Basculin. Not the best stats.
Wobbuffet. Not so much about battle skills, but more about its limited movepool.
Sableye. Cool typing. Could use an evolution to back it up.

Cosmic_SlayerX

The New Champion
According to Bulbapedia, the 6 fully evolved pokemon with the lowest Base stats are:
Shedinja
Smeargle
Ditto
Delibird
Luvdisc
Unown

wauknay84

@ CarlosPMC: true they're all bad, but what makes the ones you listed that i haven't the worst? People have stated the rodents, but i fail to see where they pale in comparison. And beedrill, no one says any other bug but him for the most part. Why? what's so terrible about beerill compared to the other bugs?

@ OceanicLanturn: From what i can tell, the rodents are better than the ones i listed (and i think you're agreeing w/ me?) better stats pretty much across the board, varied movepools, and abilities (in some cases). I think these are all good reasons not to use them

@ lavaburst14: i take it you like shinies? and yet more good reasons not to use the rodents.

@ Chapter of Charizard: half of these aren't fully evolved and i don't really see a reason to use the ones that are over the ones i've listed....

@ An00bis: Unown is the only fully evolved you listed, and i said him in the very 1st post. Interesting about the farfetch'd tho, but soloing gives a pokemon way more exp than normal, and ur focusing all resources on the one, i won't be doing that, so its kind of a completely different mind-set for using it

@ ShinyBlackWhite: uneven stats =/= bad. all the ones you said have overall better stats than the ones i listed, and i've already decided against wobuffet, sableye's type is more a reason not to use it

@ Cosmic_SlayerX: not looking for BST, shedinja isn't being used for reasons stated already and i mentioned the others i belive in the 1st post.

Speaking of people not getting the idea of the thread.... editing my 1st post to make things more clear i think

DVB

Philosopher Knight
According to Bulbapedia, the 6 fully evolved pokemon with the lowest Base stats are:
Shedinja
Smeargle
Ditto
Delibird
Luvdisc
Unown

However, Shedinja has Wonder Guard and is a quirky pokemon to begin. Smeargle is admittingly gimimmicky but useful in his way and Ditto is Dietto.

wauknay84

Shedinja is bad in his own right, but has some huge merrits which i think weigh out the bad compared to others, still top 20 worst though, maybe. i would say he's bad, but situationaly he's invincible.

Smeargle is gimmicky, but his gimmick, in-game, is gonna be hard to work around, i won't be using other team-mates for moves other than the other 5 i decide to use, so it'l be hard to give him the right support moves he needs to be good, that's why i'm using him

Arlo

...and so on...
Some of the responses really are sort of amusing, if unsurprising.

So... Ditto, Ledian, Unown, Delibird, Spinda, Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, and Smeargle...

I'd say that Ditto, Unown, Delibird and Luvdisc are all gimmes, for pretty obvious reasons. Of the rest - Ledian is crippled offensively, but is really pretty good specially-defensively, so might be a bit too useful for your requirements. Spinda's only mediocre - it actually has a pretty decent movepool and mediocre, but not crippling, stats. Farfetch'd is much the same, with actually a pretty good movepool and only mediocre stats. Smeargle is the probably the worst of the remaining four, IMO, except that its move could skew that. It's going to depend in part on what sort of moves it ends up Sketching - with the right moves, it can be fairly useful, but without those moves, it's going to be appropriately terrible. I'm not sure if you'd want to just end up randomly sketching stuff and run the "risk" of sketching something useful, or deliberately sketch appropriately poor moves. Particularly if the latter, I'm sure you could easily put together a Smeargle who'd be terrible enough to easily outdistance the other three of the remaining choices.

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
Castform, I mean just read Smogon's article. Just reading it gives me a twisted feeling...

Heh. Did a random battle recently with a friend, ticked him off changing between Fire and Water type with a Castform. The ability to change type at will can actually make him usable sometimes.

Anyways, do they have to be fully evolved? Eviolite Nincada comes off a base 135 Defense and has nothing else going for it besides a unique (and rather convenient) Ground/Bug typing. Assuming you have an Eviolite. If they have to be fully evolved, I dunno, check out Lumineon.