• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst 6 In-game Pokemon?

wauknay84

@ Arlo: on ledian, ya, i've strongly considered it leaving, it has great sp.def and decent speed, and its sp.atk isn't much worse than the others offensively. I mainly considered it for its terrible offence, but I think I'll have to officially boot it out of the runnings.

As for spinda and farfetch'd, they definitely have some pretty great moves, nothing spectacular, but there are a few gems there. There just doesn't seem to be anything worse than them (other than the ones i listed of course).

And finally smeargle. Sketch is obviously.... a sketchy thing to be considered bad (excuse the pun). But i won't be using it other than against enemies and maybe the occasional team-mate. So no outside moves there. I'm just gonna take what comes my way and deal w/ it I think. I'm going to try to get good moves though, because w/o them, smeargle is probably second worst, only to ditto, depending on how bad the moves are. But look at it this way, his offences are base 20. Nothing can hit hard w/ base 20 atk backing it. He more or less needs a support moveset, leech seed and spore being the most effective ones i can think of. Honestly, i think it will be really hard, if not impossible to get a very effective move-set the way i'm playing it. The reason i'm doing this though, is so i can use these pokemon to their most advantageous, basically proving "the worst" can still b used effectively. I don't wanna cripple my team to some ridiculous extreme to where i'm struggling to beat each trainer, if that's what i was going for there would be some other completely different crazy ideas i'd be throwing around

@ Rebel562: YES they have to be fully evolved hahaha. My goal, eventually is to use every pokemon line in one way or another, and this is a nice way i thought up to use some i might not use otherwise and for a good tough challenge. Also, i'm planning on sing Platinum, because it looks like no 5th gen pokemon are in the runnings, and that's the hardest game from my experience, which will add to the challenge.

Zachmac

@ Arlo: on ledian, ya, i've strongly considered it leaving, it has great sp.def and decent speed, and its sp.atk isn't much worse than the others offensively. I mainly considered it for its terrible offence, but I think I'll have to officially boot it out of the runnings.
What good is it's special defense if it's HP is garbage?

And besides that, even if it can take a hit, you've got to be able to do something in return, and Ledian doesn't do nearly enough to justify it's lousy tanking ability.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Ditto , Unown , Wobbufett , Smeargle , Delibird or farfetch and Luvdisc :)

3est

The first time i played a pokemon game, it was Leafgreen and I used the farfetch'd you get in the ingame trade all the way through because I didn't realize it sucked so much.
If you give it the Stick item it can get pretty good if you level grind...
I also recommend beedrill, who I used in the same game and dies to everything.

Also Farfetch'd can help with Cut and Fly

Castform, I mean just read Smogon's article. Just reading it gives me a twisted feeling...

I... Used Castform against the Hoenn e4 too...

Everyone's hating on Beedrill, but in the Kanto games, it can be a monster, even w/o TMs.

@RazorLeaf: o__0 in Blue, I solo'd most of it with Onix, Magnemite, and 2 Magneton.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
@ ShinyBlackWhite: uneven stats =/= bad. all the ones you said have overall better stats than the ones i listed, and i've already decided against wobuffet, sableye's type is more a reason not to use it
True, but to back up Alomomola being bad, it is meant to take hits and heal allies, but the defense and HP stats do not help each other. To add on base stats don't mean jack. Some pokemon like Breloom have the lowest totals of their tiers, and yet they make up for it with sets that compliment them.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I would take ditto off the list regardless of whether or not it has imposter because it's definitely not THAT bad.
Unown, Ledian, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and Delibird

Arlo

...and so on...
Just for a bit of context - just because it made me think of this thread - I got demolished by a Ditto in White last night.

I was hunting for one for the Rotom trade and had my Mienshao in the lead, since it could pretty much either one-shot or run from anything that wasn't a Ditto. When the Ditto came up, I threw a Quick Ball at it and it escaped. Then it transformed into my Mienshao and... yeah. Granted, it didn't help any that I was still trying to keep it from fainting so I could catch it, but it fainted four pokemon before it was over.

For whatever that's worth. :D

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny

wauknay84

@zahcmac: you have a good point, but its hp is tied for 2nd among them, so it's still going to be taking special hits better than the rest, not to mention screens and an actually decent speed stat. as for doing damage, eh, you kinda got me there. it has worse sp.atk than most of them, but it isn't really that much of a difference, about 10 points less. obviously its atk is worthless and i'd use special moves as much as possible. based mostly on stats, since it is about even w/ the others on most stats(in general), aside from having monstrous sp.def and a usable support moveset, don't you think that makes it a tiny amount better? (sorry if i rambled a bit there)

@k6666: everyone says wobbuffet, but can it really be all that bad? i mean its got huge hp, and almost guaranteed to kill SOMETHING. it might be a pain to train, but i think at equal lv, it could hold its own well

@3est: i was thinking farfetch'd might be one of the better ones that i listed. i'm sure it does suck something awful, but i don't think i'll have access to a stick in platinum w/o really searching hard. but i'm not sure about beedrill, since it's offence and sp.def (other than ledian) is way better than the ones i listed. offence seems to have more relevance in-game than defense, so while i'm sure its bad, i think these may be worse

@Jdrawner: interesting, how did castform fare? i used linoone the 1st time in emerald and he did alright, it's been a while so i can't really remember. and i agree w/ u on beedrill, i think he's better than the ones i listed, but i'll be using platinum, not gen 1, so he wouldn't do quite so well there i think, but i would imagine better than the others.

@ ShinyBlackWhite: i'm not sure what you mean when you say the def and hp stats don't help each other, the higher the def the less dmg you take, so i would disagree. if you're talking alomomola specifically, its def is higher than anything i listed and its hp is ridiculous. And true, bast stats aren't everything, but they mean more than "jack." breloom's moves and ability make up for its lower stats, but unless a pokemon has those, it falls back on its stats. The ones i listed, however, have REALLY low stats, near the point of nonredeemable, and their moves-sets in some cases are almost non-existent, while the others have mediocre moves at their disposal. And none of them have stellar abilities to help either. And Breloom might be good competitively, but he's not the best in-game, which
is what i'm interested in here

@thatjeremykid: now HERE's something i wasn't expecting. i figured ditto was more or less (w/o impostor) generally regarded as one of the worst pokemon. i'm basically running off the assumption he's always a turn behind due to transform, and then best he can do is "tie" w/ the opponent. i guess if you somehow beat the opponent after the lost turn who you basically become w/ (usually) lower hp, and it was really good, you could potentially sweep the rest of the team. but i don't see that as very likely. and so many people say dunsparce! WHY? i'm using him right now in a normal type only run of soulsilver, and w/ sarene grace, glare and headbutt, i lol at evreyone! well, sort of, but he's pretty ok, not to mention he has a nice ability and better overall stats than the ones i listed. plus he's awesome! how can you not love that little guy?

@ your boss: mightyena? his stats are better overall than the other ones you listed (which, obviously are in my considerations) and he has a decent ability in intimidate. granted his movepool, form what i can tell, isn't so hot. idk why you'd pick him over so many others, i feel like he is far from the worst 6. also, your name is like, top tier

@ Arlo: haha, well as i said earlier in this post, it can do something if it gets lucky, or in this case when someone tries to NOT to kill it. I don't think i'll have that luxury in my play-thru lol

@ meganuimfan1: w/o a doubt? i doubt. lol. i'll give it to you, the bugs are bad. linoone too. but they have nice movepools and (albeit slightly) better stats than the ones i listed (in general anyway, i know there are a few here and there that are worse, but that's pretty nitpicky.) and wobbafett again..... seriously is it that bad? am i missing something, or are people underestimating it? or they just hate using it in game cuz you have to stop at a center after every fight? cuz that's annoying, not bad

@ShinyBlackWhite (again): i don't know why unown isn't on everyon'e list. 1 move, bad stats aside from offence (which only one matters at a time anyway, and atk never matter from 4th gen onward).

lollygag

Banned
Ditto, Wobbuffet, Shedinja, Shuckle, Castform, and Smeargle are all the worst.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I revised my list: Unown, Delibird, Smeargle, Plusle, Pachirisu, and Minun
(In my opinion Plusle and Minun can be very helpful, but they are also very frail)

@ lollygag: How can you say that about Shuckle, it plays a mean Power Trick set.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I revised my list: Unown, Delibird, Smeargle, Plusle, Pachirisu, and Minun
(In my opinion Plusle and Minun can be very helpful, but they are also very frail)

@ lollygag: How can you say that about Shuckle, it plays a mean Power Trick set.

Except that Power Trick Shuckle is a complete gimmick and requires a ton of Team support to function, Terrakion with Adamant Nature and +2 in attack already has more power than Power Trick Shuckle without any boosts.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Personally, I believe that Executor (can't spell that :p) Is hard to manage: It has a whopping seven weaknessess, so it may be hard to level up.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Except that Power Trick Shuckle is a complete gimmick and requires a ton of Team support to function, Terrakion with Adamant Nature and +2 in attack already has more power than Power Trick Shuckle without any boosts.

I know its a gimmick but even without Power Trick it's defense is ridiculous.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Yes but not EVERY Unown has hidden power rock. Afterall, beautifly has much more uses. Practically ANY pokemon can learn hidden power.

wauknay84

@lolygag: here's a new one, shuckel eh? his defences re sky high, and worthless everything else.... i can see it. being bad that is. but i don't think he's in the worst 6 w/ those defences, just toxic/rest stall and he can get stuff done that way. obviously he has no offence, but that can be played around

@ShinyBlackWhite: i had plusle, minun and pachirisu on my original list back a while ago, but plusle and minun actually have some petty good offence and a boosting move in nasty plot, kinda like farfetch'd w/ better stats. someone made a point of pachi having super fang, which will help, not to mention its improved bulk compared to the others i listed. i'd imagine they're in bottom 10 for sure, but i did consider them at one point, but i think the ones i have now are worse.

@your boss: gimmicky but lulzy if you pull it off succesfully. but i don't think i'd use shuckel that way if i use it, which i highly doubt i will

@MidnightFennekin: huh interesting idea. i've used him tho, and turned out excellent i thought. he's really tanky, good offence, only lacking in speed plus a decent natural learn-set. i like the thought tho, 7 weaknesses, i suppose, could hinder it, but i dindn't really notice it to make too big a deal

@meganuimfan1: you didn't say anything about having already evolved, and this topic is about fully evolved, meaning anything that cannot evolve further, AKA unown, which, has decent offences, sure, but, that's the only thing it has going for it, and can only use 1 of them at a time. beautifly has much better mixed offences, movepool, etc etc, beautifly>unown. its not a competition over who would win anyway, although that would be beutifly since its faster and has stab super effective bug buzz

@ShinyBlackWhite: any smart unown has HP psychic, for stab imo. rock ice and a few other are usable, but your right, most anything is better than unown, there is literally NOTHING anyone can say to make me not use it for this