• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Animé Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Motto To Love-ru? It's by the same animation studio, so I'm assuming.
/QUOTE]

Not that, i think there another one, i gotta check.

Chris

Old Coot
That would imply that there was any level of fanservice in it. I'm sure there are many pedophaelic anime. Lucky Star ain't one of them.
17 year old girls
They all look like they're in elementary school.

Yeah, totally not pedobait.

Mankanshoku Mako

Parachomp said:
I'll leave it to someone else to tear you up.
I'm up to the challenge.

Heres my list:
Lucky Star-Pedophile's show.
That BynineB said, that would imply that it's a fanservice-fest actively trying to get lolicons to masturbate to it with it's art style (which it doesn't, despite how the lolicons do anyway.)

any Yaoi/Yuri show,
That's an non-descript entry, so I have to assume you mean any show featuring homosexuality as a major element of the story. In which case, there are tons of anime in many different genres, made by many different people, of largely varying quality that fit that description. They shouldn't be bundled together as you just did, much less to appear as an entry on a "worst anime ever" list.
some of the boys on Yaoi animes sound Like Cartman. It's scary o_o
I'd imagine that'd raise their quality in your eyes. Guess not.
Emo shows-i hate emo people, so i hate emo shows.
I dislike emos as much as the next guy, but just as with the homosexuality entry, "emo show" is a very non-descript entry where a very large and diverse amount of shows could qualify to fit that description, and they shouldn't be bundled together.
Pokemon Diamond and pearl-the first 20 episodes i couldn't stand.
I assume you mean you watched the first 20 episodes and were displeased? Fair enough, although "worst anime ever" is being a little to harsh on this show, which I could only describe as average.
Beyblade- Turn it off! >.<
See: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Elfen Lied-Some boys on that show killed a puppy, but the girl got revenge and blew them all up. later she killed a boy and a girl i think, IDK it's been a while.
You're granting this show the honor of worst ever based on the contents of two scenes? Even when this show's story and writing are bad enough to justify an inclusion on this list on their own?

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
The worst anime I've ever seen is Ikki Tousen.

They're probably way worse though.

I generally hate anything with needless, over the top fan service.

You know, I gotta agree with that one. I saw a couple episodes of that the other day, and all I could do was facepalm. The story had potential, but like you said, the fan service was just too much.

Vernikova

Champion
Durarara!!, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Cowboy Bebop air on Adult Swim. Your statment is false.

thunderblade12

Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobo.

I know "to each his own" and all that, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could find this funny.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I have thought of something new for the Worst Anime thread... wait for itttt

CATEGORIES!!!!

Worst Anime filler episodes: Naruto
Worst Anime attempts at being funny: Bobobo
Worst Horror Anime: ?
Worst Anime out of One Piece, Bleach and Naruto: Naruto
Worst Anime Overall: Eiken

Make your own categories and let the hate continue.

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Worst Anime filler episodes: Naruto

At least Naruto (to the extent that I've seen) made the attempt to make their filler episodes flow into the overal series. Bleach made the attempt with the Bounts and (somewhat) with the new filler, but completely dropped the ball on both the New Captain arc and the Zanpakuto Tales arc.

ForeverFlame

Let's do one for every genre. Genre list from ANN.

Worst Action:
Worst Adventure:
Worst Comedy:
Worst Drama:
Worst Slice of Life:
Worst Erotica:
Worst Fantasy:
Worst Horror:
Worst Mystery:
Worst Psychological:
Worst Romance:
Worst Science Fiction:
Worst Thriller:
Worst Tournament:

Worst Action: Manyu Hiken-cho
Worst Adventure: Dragonball GT
Worst Comedy: B Gata H Kei
Worst Drama: Yosuga no Sora
Worst Slice of Life: Idolm@ster
Worst Erotica: Boku no Pico
Worst Fantasy: Astarotte's Toy
Worst Horror: Bible Black
Worst Mystery: something
Worst Psychological: Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
Worst Romance: Dragon Crisis!
Worst Science Fiction: Fractale
Worst Thriller: Seikon no Qwaser
Worst Tournament: Queen's Blade

I'm biased because most of these are from recent memory, but oh well.

Strawberry Mint

Dancer in the Dark
My picks would have to be-

Ghost Stories-This anime began as a serious "spooky ghost story" anime. It did mediocre in Japan, but somehow it ended up being dubbed. The anime was handed over to a different company, which took out most of the original script, and replaced it with a comedic one. I don't exactly want to beat up on this one, since it does have some pretty funny jokes now and then, but the jokes aren't enough to make up for the complete and total blandness the other 75% of the time. It was bland in Japanese, and it's bland in English.

Naruto and Bleach- These two I don't hate so much for the animes themselves, it was always more the fanbase that ruined them for me. Most of the fans were immature and incredibly annoying. These animes are the reason I thought AMVs were stupid for 5 years until i saw one that was actually good.

Dragon Drive- The first couple episodes, this looked like it had potential to be something really good. But after a couple episodes, I lost interest.
Also, the english dub makes me want to hurt people. The manga is ok.

I can't really not mention Boku No Piko.
I watched this anime by total accident. A yaoi-obessed classmate was watching it on her Ipod. I cried in a corner.
After watching this, you will leave with different views about yourself, the world, and Japan. You will feel violated.

I'm not going to even get into BoBoBo and Eiken.
Oh god, and Bakugan (I don't think that crap should even count as anime)

Last edited:
Worst Action: Manyu Hiken-cho
Worst Adventure: Dragonball GT
Worst Comedy: B Gata H Kei
Worst Drama: Yosuga no Sora
Worst Slice of Life: Idolm@ster
Worst Erotica: Boku no Pico
Worst Fantasy: Astarotte's Toy
Worst Horror: Bible Black
Worst Mystery: something
Worst Psychological: Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
Worst Romance: Dragon Crisis!
Worst Science Fiction: Fractale
Worst Thriller: Seikon no Qwaser
Worst Tournament: Queen's Blade

Sure is fanservice series in here.

Not that I'm going to argue and say over-the-top (ZING!?) amounts of fanservice are good or anything, but that by itself is not much of a reason. Can you back those series up with anything else besides an excessive T&A level?

RLinksoul

Worst Action: Bleach
Worst Adventure: Dragonball GT (Coming from someone who liked DB and Z)
Worst Comedy: Haruhi Suzumiya
Worst Drama: School Days
Worst Slice of Life: K-on
Worst Erotica: Eiken
Worst Fantasy: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Worst Horror: Blood+
Worst Mystery: .Hack//Sign
Worst Psychological: Paranoia Agent
Worst Romance: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Worst Science Fiction: Agent Aika

Could not think of any thriller or tournament ones. Just tournament arcs in various action animes.

Wat? Even Paranoia Agent? Wat?!

Judging by the rest of his list, I'd say that most of his choices were based on "What? It's popular? THAT SERIES IS #1 ON MY SHITLIST NOW!" I mean, I'm not exactly a big fan of Madoka, but worst series ever in the category? Doubtful that anyone would vote that except for anime hipsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.