• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Animé Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Probably Bobobobobobo, it's the definition of strange. Too much for me :/

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Beyblade to be honest isn't good at all, lackbuster VA, over the top animation, the storyline isn't good at all, and the character designs are horrible, not the worst anime ever but probally the worst anime to be marketing a toy/game line.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Jb, you're kind of over thinking it. What is beyblade? A cartoon/game about battle tops. What's its demographic? 10-12 year old boys (mostly), give or take a few years. Do you think children of that age know of better animes? Probably not, you and I know because, well we're older. Its adequate enough to keep their target demographic coming back.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Jb, you're kind of over thinking it. What is beyblade? A cartoon/game about battle tops. What's its demographic? 10-12 year old boys (mostly), give or take a few years. Do you think children of that age know of better animes? Probably not, you and I know because, well we're older. Its adequate enough to keep their target demographic coming back.

Well considering most 12-13 yr olds I know watch Higurashi and other mature stuff I have to disagree. However they are anime fan kids so that may matter. But yes if there just normal kids then your right.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
If you haven't watched it, how can you pass judgement on it?

...Dude.

This entire thread is 99.999999999% people judging anime series they have never even seen and therefore know nothing about, outside of maybe having read a summary or a Wikipedia entry.

The variety of titles here is a good indication of this. And I am not surprised by a single one of them, each for its own reasons.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Maybe, Naruto has a huge fanbase, most within the demographic, but most of us agree it's complete sh/t.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Well considering most 12-13 yr olds I know watch Higurashi and other mature stuff I have to disagree. However they are anime fan kids so that may matter. But yes if there just normal kids then your right.

There are exceptions to every rule. Most of the 12 year olds I know, barely know anime. But I was talking about the kids who just watch whatever is on tv regardless of where its from.

Asuka said:
...Dude.

This entire thread is 99.999999999% people judging anime series they have never even seen and therefore know nothing about, outside of maybe having read a summary or a Wikipedia entry.

The variety of titles here is a good indication of this. And I am not surprised by a single one of them, each for its own reasons.

I realized that. I am at fault for not thinking things fully (I do it a lot), it justs annoyed me that he dismissed a show without a giving proper reason and using the wrong word to dismiss it.

Edit:
Maybe, Naruto has a huge fanbase, most within the demographic, but most of us agree it's complete sh/t.

To Naruto or Beyblade? But whatever, to each his own. I don't have high standards for anything, and take them as they are.

Last edited:

What. Where are these children and why are they cooler than most of the children I know?

...Dude.

Yeah, but actually going out and learning series (by watching them) would involve actual effort, and that would be hard!

There's part of me that wants to nominate Kannazuki no Miko, but that would mostly be for its complete lack of understanding of how relationships between two humans working and uh, all the extraneous lesbian fanservice. It's funny because I thought it was decent in my "yuri phase" but now it just reminds me of how... questionable the series is. And the creator's other adventures with the characters? Not much better.

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
Naruto really isn't that bad I personally like it. Most people never gave it a chance but after the time jump is when things get really amazing

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
I wouldn't call Elfen Lied the worst anime ever, but I didn't really enjoy it. I disliked how it went between cute and extremely Gorey. IMO the show was too gorey for no reason, there is no reason to have an finite' amount of limb popping and blood explosions.

I felt that the show's "SUBTLE" message of prejudice was in your face so much I couldn't watch the show itself. That scene with the puppy? Yeah there are mean kids but I don't know ANY that would do that nonetheless get ENJOYMENT from getting blood splattered all over them what are they masochists?, incredibly unrealistic for children, wouldn't they find it cute or something?

Chris

Old Coot
Naruto really isn't that bad I personally like it. Most people never gave it a chance but after the time jump is when things get really amazingly slow
Proper fix. How's it lookin' in the rescuing Sasuke department?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
People who hate the engish dubs probably have only watched anime from 4kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.