• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Animé Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
So the big 3 are the Japanese equivalent of Seth McFarlane's 'toons?

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Chris

Old Coot
So the big 3 are the Japanese equivalent of Seth McFarlane's 'toons?
Except One Piece is the odd one out of the three since it's actually good. While Naruto and Bleach are bad, I can't say they're Seth MacFarlane bad. That's an insult to Kishimoto and Kubo right there.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Worst Animae for me till now is some of the japanese characters kids with huge open mouth and shouting during the whole time of the serial without any sincere reason to do that.

Someone break this down for me.

im not sure if thats good or bad :p i dont know if you agree or not but since i think Fooly Cooly was just horrible and b/c i like to stroke my ego im going to assume you agree with me lol :D

Nah, FLCL was truly great. The dub and the sub versions.

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
Someone break this down for me.

Nah, FLCL was truly great. The dub and the sub versions.

I wish I could break it down for you.

Anyways, I don't get all the have for FLCL. Sure, it was a bit odd, but it was still great.

Vernikova

Champion
Fake Karakura Town arc = ****
New Captain arc = complete ********

Not much room to say that the filler can't be better than the source material right there.

Except One Piece is the odd one out of the three since it's actually good. While Naruto and Bleach are bad, I can't say they're Seth MacFarlane bad. That's an insult to Kishimoto and Kubo right there.

Seth can definitely do better than Kubo. Most people probably could.

Being inferior to the original =/= worst anime ever

The source material included fan service.

No, what makes it rank amongst the worst is that it is an insult to the original. A spin-off OVA is designed to appeal to existing fans, so if it serves to offend them then it is failing horribly at its purpose. And no, looking at it objectively, it is far from the worst, but looking at an OVA which is meant for existing fans objectively is somewhat missing the point.

And to the second point, emphasis on 'included'.

Cabezon

Crescendo Cuty
I would have to say the worst anime I've seen are Madoka, Shugo Chara and Nanoha, which I think are bad written mockeries of a genre I absolutely adore, and that don't deserve all the praise they get for simply derailing a genre. (not deconstructing, specially madoka)

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I think we can all concede that Higurashi Kira is an absolute insult to the series - but it isn't the worst, period. At least it looked nice.

Zazie

So 1991
I would have to say the worst anime I've seen are Madoka, Shugo Chara and Nanoha, which I think are bad written mockeries of a genre I absolutely adore, and that don't deserve all the praise they get for simply derailing a genre. (not deconstructing, specially madoka)

How does Shugo Chara differ from that greatly from the standard magical girl fomrula? When I saw it it seemed pretty straightforward.

Cabezon

Crescendo Cuty
How does Shugo Chara differ from that greatly from the standard magical girl fomrula? When I saw it it seemed pretty straightforward.

Mmm...Yeah I was a bit vague about that particular anime, Sorry.

what I don't like about shugo chara is how instead of being all about girl power and friendship, it's all about fangirling over a guy who non-symbolically-symbolically holds they key to your heart. Plus the protagonist is dangerously close to being the_magical girl Mary Sue.

and the design is just rubbish, awful fangirl pandering of a series.

I think the magical girl genre is the best anime has to offer, but those three series remain as a black stain all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.