• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Animé Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnidaria

YOU FOOLS!! D:<
I don't think that there will ever be a 'worst anime ever' since once one horrendous anime finishes, there's always something worse that will eventually take its place. I've never dared to watch anything with a gag worthy premise, so I can't really pass judgement shows like that, even though they're probably as reprehensible as their summaries suggest. ._. And I don't watch kiddie shows or anything over 60 episodes, so they are immune to my wrath as well.

But based on what I have watched, I'd have to say the worst thing I've seen, in recent memory is Fractale. I seriously want the 5 hours I spent watching this travesty back.

This was like what Cars 2 was to Pixar, except worse. Imagine a plot setup and setting reminiscent of a Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki movie, but as a 11 episode TV series-- Now add horrendous character design changes (seriously I thought the promo art had the most amazing color palette and art style, and the anime threw it out the window), extremely awkward attempts at fanservice, bodily humor, implied rape, an inconsistent plot, inconsistent/annoying characters, inconsistent moral values, inconsistent messages, and an ending out of left field that wasn't explained in the slightest, mix it all together and you have Fractale. And to add insult to injury this thing is getting an English dub and DVD release over two older Funimation-licensed Noitamina series that are actually decent.

Dishonorable Mentions;

Togainu No Chi- It's so hammy bad it makes death scenes lol worthy. I'll leave it at that.

Ginga Densetsu Weed- I rewatched this recently and all I can say is, WHY DO ALL THE DOGS RESEMBLE BODYBUILDERS? And oh god the animation is so inconsistent WTH. And don't get me started on the characters. Or the plot for that matter. GOOD LORD. I can't believe I practically worshiped this show when I was thirteen.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I agree with Fractale, I have no ideal who greenlited this garbage.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I have yet to seen Fractale, but the drama it has brought has made me quite curious to see how bad the anime actually is if the director wants the mangaka to stop making the manga.

ssjtidus

Dunno if anyone has said this already, and I'm not going to check through the 38 pages but...

Dragonball GT. Need I give any reason?

Rex Kamex

However that's not the reason why I chose to stop one piece.

What is? You've mentioned your dislike for One Piece before...

jb08045 said:
The One Piece has a good reason too though.

Doesn't it depend on which dub we're talking about? Many hate the 4Kids dub, but there are plenty who hate the Funimation dub. (I don't hate either- the 4Kids dub amuses me, by the way...)

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Hands down worst of all time. I truly believe it is responsible for the deaths of trillions of brain cells all over the world.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
For the above 2, insert reason here.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I didn't think people would still bash that thing considering it got a new dub and stuff. If anything, I assumed that the fans would be happy.

even though by this point Funimation has redubbed everything that 4kids screwed up, the damage has already been done. 4kids already turned a huge amount of people away and Naruto still remains THE shounen action series in the west. Doesn't help that Cartoon Network decided to cancel its airing, thus amplifying the problem further. Also, who can forget the time they delayed Bellamy's beat-down just so they could have ANOTHER airing of the first Naruto movie?

Tiger and Bunny...? Huh wha?

I didn't think hating that was possible.

I will admit, the CG-abuse is more than a little off-putting (I'm surprised Gonzo wasn't involved). But that aside, it is definitely one of the better shows these past two seasons.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Status
Not open for further replies.