• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Animé Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardek

U & I
Did I just see:
Repeating of the same scene.
Samurais that instead of using swords, they use guns.
A DBZ-Style Fight
Stopped watching at 4:10.
?

Vernikova

Champion
even though by this point Funimation has redubbed everything that 4kids screwed up, the damage has already been done. 4kids already turned a huge amount of people away and Naruto still remains THE shounen action series in the west. Doesn't help that Cartoon Network decided to cancel its airing, thus amplifying the problem further. Also, who can forget the time they delayed Bellamy's beat-down just so they could have ANOTHER airing of the first Naruto movie?

Oh okay. I thought people would have given it a second chance by now.

Okay, I have the truly worst anime here. The one that will shut you all up and make you all realize you were wrong. I present to you, Musashi Gundoh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1BCZKFoKVg

This makes the car chase scene from Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica bearable.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I think we need a 'Best Anime Ever' thread. Several, actually. I'm sure one won't be enough to contain the amount of people who wish to sing this masterpiece's praises.
Top 10 anime thread.

Chris

Old Coot
Well that is not the animators fault but the mixers/editors just being lazy. I have seen better editing in fandubs
The whole thing is a mixture of the animation company's fault. Terrible animation, poor audio mixing, poor EVERYTHING.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Have a full clip to see for yourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7urUYFjLUk

Also note how out of sync the SFX are. And that's not cause of the video.

Thank you, Chris! I've been looking for this anime forever once I saw this thread, but I could never remember the name of it. Only the scene where the lady was missing an arm. Have you, perhaps, seen Mars of Destruction? I heard that it was just as horrible as this, so this show could have a challenger.

....And for some reason, that was... entertaining. The bearded guy was hilarious, especially when he danced in front of the lady and she was like "WTF?". I cannot take this show seriously, it's almost so bad, its good. I might have to watch this show to the end if most of it is like those scenes.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Don't be so bitter just because you can't appreciate True Art. This anime is clearly a cutting political statement on... the destruction of the coral reef or something.

It's all about the kids! Obviously the huge demon was a metaphor for the nasty nasty ecchi/hentai with their lolis and incest and how that bearded guy killed him so easily was metaphor for how only adults can save the kids. Same for the purple-haired lady, she's too sexy for kids; notice how they both lost to the same guy...

Clearly this anime was made by geniuses.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
....And for some reason, that was... entertaining. The bearded guy was hilarious, especially when he danced in front of the lady and she was like "WTF?". I cannot take this show seriously, it's almost so bad, its good. I might have to watch this show to the end if most of it is like those scenes.

it is indeed so bad, it's good. Its quality is near-legendary, and if you look around the Japanese-speaking parts of the internet, you may spot a few memes based off of it. I've been meaning to find a moment to check this series out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.