• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst business decisions ever.

Sanron228

I'm thinking about investing in real estate. Because investing one's own money is very important. So that you feel that you can benefit from it. I found a realtor in Charlottesville VA that I've been working with for a long time. The guys on this site are helping me buy homes with the best terms. I think the worst business decision is the one that doesn't bring you income. So you better think 10 times before you invest in something.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
What are the worst business decisions you've ever seen?

Blockbuster passing on Netflix has to be up there.
True and dvd's and vhs were getting less and less popular at that time.

In my book Coca Cola trying to rewrite the recipe with "New Coke" only to end up going back the the original recipe now called "Coca Cola Classic"

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
MoviePass, just MoviePass.

$10 a month to see as many movies as you wanted (with a one movie per day rule). Seems like a deal almost too good to be true right? Well, while this is a great deal for the consumer, it baffles me that nobody in the company saw the issue with this. If you even saw 2 movies in a given month with the subscription, they had an already lost money. They put more limitations on the subscription over time, but it was just doomed to fail, and they went bankrupt in 2020. They are in the midst of a relaunch with more of a tiered subscription system, but time will tell if that’s any more successful.

I think any movie subscription like that would only really work if it’s done by the theater chain itself. Theaters make most of their money on concessions anyways, so the more butts they can get in seats, the more profit they can make on that front.

TwilightBlade

I remember reading something about Myspace during its peak passing on purchasing Facebook. In hindsight they really messed up since Facebook eventually rendered Myspace totally irrelevant lol although I preferred Myspace over Facebook so I'm sad that Myspace is dead. :[

dariohill

I remember reading something about Myspace during its peak passing on purchasing Facebook. In hindsight they really messed up since Facebook eventually rendered Myspace totally irrelevant lol although I preferred Myspace over Facebook so I'm sad that Myspace is dead. :[
I also like Myspace but at some point. when people change their mind, and have to change to look for offers that are more suitable for themselves.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Elon Musk, just in general lol but definitely with twitter.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
True and dvd's and vhs were getting less and less popular at that time.

In my book Coca Cola trying to rewrite the recipe with "New Coke" only to end up going back the the original recipe now called "Coca Cola Classic"
Actually “New” Coke wasn’t as disastrous as people like to claim it was. It was selling real well and there was a huge amount of people that liked the taste. It’s how New Coke was packaged and advertised that messed things up. In fact New Coke was still being sold on shelves until 2002. It was being sold for 12 years which is rather remarkable for a “failure.”

AstonMartin

Emotional decision-making is the worst business-related thing that ever happened to me yet. I just lack some sort of patience to better explore the business I want to deal with.

SummerHaze

My worst decision was not monitoring the prices on the market. Luckily I found usefl article with best monitoring tools at https://pricer24.com/blog/map-price-monitoring-tools/. These tools help brands and manufacturers monitor and enforce their minimum advertised pricing policies across various online channels. The best MAP monitoring tools can save significant time and effort as price analysis that previously took hours or days can now be automated within minutes.

Last edited: