1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Mr. Marowak, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Marowak

Mr. Marowak was wrong about Gen6

And by stuff, I mean Pokémon, moves, Abilities, Items, and/or a lack thereof. This isn't a "What makes it better?" thread, it's a "why it's so bad" one.

Please avoid the obvious Luvdisc, Smog, Miracle Seed, Defeatist stuff. Luvdisc has awful stats, Smog is a lesser Poison-Type move, Defeatist doesn't help at all. We know this stuff.

Discuss away!

2. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Whimsicott. It sucks so much. We already learned from Jumpluff that Subseeding alone isn't enough to be usable.

Confagrigus also is crap. Its like Dusknoir but.. without the movepool.

3. abrar14

abrar14 Statter Master

Yeah Whimscott sucks, though sub seeder is quite annoying.

Scrafty kinda sucked in OU but now it's moving down to UU it's gonna seriously wreck with DD and moxie

4. Meganium. Sure it has an excellent support movepool and decent defenses, but its defenses are just that. Decent. It has very little offensive presence outside of Giga Drain, which hampers its performance more. 80 Speed isn't very impressive, and as such its Taunt bait. It isn't horrid, but it could use a lot of improvement.

5. NeohopeSTF

NeohopeSTF Sol Badguy

I say Regigigas unless it can manage to survive until its ability wears out.

6. DragonXmicro

DragonXmicro 何これ?かえったね。

Slaking, with its damned truant. Get it without the ability then it can eq like no tomorrow

7. This one has been itching at me. Worst priority move = Feint. Seriously, this move had the potential to be so much better in 5th Gen once they adjusted it so that it can hit non-Protect users. At 50 power, it would have been a good step up from Quick Attack for Scizor, and it would just have decent uses amongst other things. Then...they dropped its power to 30. Bravo, Game Freak. Bravo.

Also, Watchog is darn terrible. It's the only "rodent" Pokemon of all the generations to get a "joke" analysis on Smogon, and can you really blame them?

8. Shedinja - yes it has a niche in ubers, but really, 1 HP? At least make it so Wonder Guard prevents it from being affected hazards, and weather.

9. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

Delibird although reaching max 510 attack with choice band.. and adamant base 45/45/45 defenses... is really bad.. but he have the best DW ability EVER

Flareon.. his stats are weird... and no normal fire move...

Where's watchog's joke analysis?

10. SmogonFreak

SmogonFreak Make that 1 HP last!

Regigigas. It doesn't even get Rest or Protect.

11. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

I've been able to do so on numerous occasions solely with Ingrain support and Substitute.

Here's your answer to that problem but it's a bit tricky to pull off.
    Finally, good examples of bad Pokemon (it's better to be awful than getting the boot to Ubers).

12. irock245

irock245 She wants it

I'm surprised nobody has said electrivire yet. I mean, lackluster stats and low base power moves for the most part leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say he would be in the running for biggest competitive failure.

13. Electivire is actually really good. It's easy to catch a Volt Switch or Thunder Wave from some Pokemon, and sweep. Wild Charge/Ice Punch/Cross Chop or Fire Punch/Earthquake is amazing.

14. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Electivire isn't too bad, it has amazing coverage, and solid stats, plus it does great in lower tiers.

That's what makes it so fun to use. Ever try using one with Zoroark? It's even more fun.

15. No one has offered to write it yet, but it's listed as a "joke" analysis here.

16. Soperman

Soperman The One and Only

Quick Guard.
    I get the idea, but it's completely pointless when protect does the exact same thing.

17. Quick Guard extends to allies in Doubles/Triples. Same with Wide Guard.

18. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

Damp Jellicent.

I mean, WTF

19. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Fan rotom with levitate, and no Hurricane? Seriously?

20. Jackalacking

Jackalacking Greed the Avaricious

Contrary shuckle... Uh hello? Not to mention, shuckle has amazing defence and special defence yet pretty lacklustre hp and not to mention a shallow move pool...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.