• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

EDIT: oh yeah, this is the WORST stuff ever....
uhh....
Cryogonal. It was the first poke in gen5 i ever trained, and it still couldnt take a neutral-stab-physical hit worth anything. and then my second one from 5th gen....
]

Cryogonal is awful taking physical attacks... but so is blissey... just avoid physical attacks.

Wobbufet got encore which is essentially a way of scaring the setting up pokemons.

Unown (NOT unknown!) is awful... just awful... it's only + being it is THE BEST user of choice items ;P

Cryogonal is awful taking physical attacks... but so is blissey... just avoid physical attacks.

Wobbufet got encore which is essentially a way of scaring the setting up pokemons.

Unown (NOT unknown!) is awful... just awful... it's only + being it is THE BEST user of choice items ;P

I've had decent success with a Baton Pass chain that passed to a Specs Unown. Although, this is coming from the person who made a team with all three members of the Mudkip line.

Wigglytuff. You can have a giant HP all you want, but you're still screwed by your terrible other stats.

Blissey takes physical hits pretty well, as long as they aren't stabbed fighting ones, although that's primarily due to it having an outrageous amount of HP.

Zachmac

And physical hits aren't even Crygonal's problem, it is it's typing that really holds it back.

Weak to the common rock, fire, and fighting moves, and resist only one type to make up for that.

Yeah, physical hits will still be a problem, but it wouldn't be good enough if it had improved defense.

And physical hits aren't even Crygonal's problem, it is it's typing that really holds it back.

Weak to the common rock, fire, and fighting moves, and resist only one type to make up for that.

Yeah, physical hits will still be a problem, but it wouldn't be good enough if it had improved defense.

Ice is terrible as a defensive type. Even if Cryogonal had amazing Defense, if hazards were on the field it would be in a death trap. Powerful super effective moves like Darmanitan Flare Blitz and Terrakion Close Combat would still really sting. Hey, at least it's the best Spinner in NU.

Fortunately it's got Levitate, and a rather impressive Special Defense. At any rate, like I suggested in the proposed evo's thread, the best thing would be for it to gain a Steel typed evo.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
youre all right about cryogonal taking super-effectives, but im talking about taking something like gyarados' waterfall or something. rotten in that regard.
it can absorb a flamethrower, though.

i didnt even know torkoal got shell smash. you proved me wrong.
on paper, crustle is alright, but trust me, theres a reason you wont ever fight one competitively.
and, arent there better stealth rock+spikes users?

point is, majorly outclassed in a variety of situations. yes, you can make it useful. but you can make stunfisk useful
with static + endure too. point is, you have several different options as to hazard layers, shell smashers, bug types,
or rock types, or sturdy users, or.... okay, i imagine it has the best..... uhh.... rock wrecker? no. imagine that. THAT's outclassed.
better abusers of trick room, and so on and so forth. everyone's praising crustle right now but i havent ever battled one competitively,
or have been able to get one to pull its weight.
and i use an Amoonguss regularly. i dont use terrakion, deoxys, arceus, latios.... okay, i have a heatran i like to use.

show me a realistic niche crustle has that isnt outclassed in the battle subway and ill listen.

Zachmac

youre all right about cryogonal taking super-effectives, but im talking about taking something like gyarados' waterfall or something. rotten in that regard.
it can absorb a flamethrower, though.

i didnt even know torkoal got shell smash. you proved me wrong.
on paper, crustle is alright, but trust me, theres a reason you wont ever fight one competitively.
and, arent there better stealth rock+spikes users?

point is, majorly outclassed in a variety of situations. yes, you can make it useful. but you can make stunfisk useful
with static + endure too. point is, you have several different options as to hazard layers, shell smashers, bug types,
or rock types, or sturdy users, or.... okay, i imagine it has the best..... uhh.... rock wrecker? no. imagine that. THAT's outclassed.
better abusers of trick room, and so on and so forth. everyone's praising crustle right now but i havent ever battled one competitively,
or have been able to get one to pull its weight.
and i use an Amoonguss regularly. i dont use terrakion, deoxys, arceus, latios.... okay, i have a heatran i like to use.

show me a realistic niche crustle has that isnt outclassed in the battle subway and ill listen.
It's niche is that it's the only offensive spiker/stealth rocker. It's two STABs can also hit Espeon and Xatu.

No, it's not better, but it still has a niche. I've only seen it twice competitively, but both times it did it's job well enough. It's not something I'd usually suggest, it just isn't terrible.

I've never been able to get a choice band scizor too pull it's weight, so in a way, the fact that you can't use Crustle doesn't really mean anything.
Fortunately it's got Levitate, and a rather impressive Special Defense. At any rate, like I suggested in the proposed evo's thread, the best thing would be for it to gain a Steel typed evo.
Levitate doesn't help. If it know a ground move, it almost always knows a rock move, except Mamoswine and Gliscor, and it's terrible defense keeps it from stopping Mamoswine.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
okay, i like the fact you can scare espeon and xatu. but i dont even see them enough to matter, and i tend to destroy espeons without effort anyway.

okay, i like the fact you can scare espeon and xatu. but i dont even see them enough to matter, and i tend to destroy espeons without effort anyway.

Crustle is nearly guaranteed to get at least one hazard up, and all common Taunt leads are hit for heavy damage by one of its STABs. It's one of three remotely viable offensive Spikers, the others being Cloyster and Cacturne. Cacturne still sucks, and Cloyster has better things to be doing.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
hmm. then why dont i ever see someone else's? it just sits in my box staring at me, next to cryogonal and samurott. since i played doubles, ive been seeing some amoongus. but i dont see crustle in singles either.

hmm. then why dont i ever see someone else's? it just sits in my box staring at me, next to cryogonal and samurott. since i played doubles, ive been seeing some amoongus. but i dont see crustle in singles either.

Simply because it isn't standard. 90% of battlers stick with the carbon-copy Smogon sets because they are too lazy to be creative. Case in point.

Zachmac

Crustle is a niche pokemon. There are usually better things to use then it, but it still has it's role to play on some teams.

I always use Skarmory over it, mostly because it works better on my teams. Though there will be the occasion that Crustle will work better some time.

Simply because it isn't standard. 90% of battlers stick with the carbon-copy Smogon sets because they are too lazy to be creative. Case in point.

Creativity has nothing to do with Crustle being total crap.

If you want a slow defensive Spiker, you have Skarmory, Forretress, Deoxys D, Ferrothorn and.. lol even Cloyster. Want a suicide Spikes lead? Accelgor, Scoliopede, Froslass and Roserade.

What does Crustle do besides Spike and die. At least the rest of them have other utility uses besides Spikes.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Creativity has nothing to do with Crustle being total crap.

If you want a slow defensive Spiker, you have Skarmory, Forretress, Deoxys D, Ferrothorn and.. lol even Cloyster. Want a suicide Spikes lead? Accelgor, Scoliopede, Froslass and Roserade.

What does Crustle do besides Spike and die. At least the rest of them have other utility uses besides Spikes.

it seems that scolipede has scoliosis. kinda makes sense. see? it's spine is pretty darn curved....

anyways....
hah! see? even serious people like BH agree. it's funny that when people talk about a pokemon that isnt the typical 'derpy' (magikarp, sunkern, stunfisk, what - luvdisc?) designated poke, everyone defends it. "OOOH! GIVE IT A CHANCE LOLOLOLOL" but nobody does. i did. thats my point. hey, want a lv. 100, EV-trained crustle? PM me with negotiations.

wait.... am I a case in point??

Zachmac

Well, nothing really. But weren't suicide lead extremely possible last gen? Under most situations, I would not suggest it, but Crustle might fit on some team out there.

I've used a team with Rotom normal form before.
Smogon said:
However, in the fifth generation, it alone retains one of the defining attractions of the appliance family when it was first introduced: the Ghost typing. Possessing the treasured ability to block Rapid Spin and simultaneously keep offensive momentum through Volt Switch, Rotom’s great typing and speed enables it to become both an offensive spinblocker and a revenge killer.
...And that's the only reason I used it. Nothing else. Usually it would suck in OU, and I mean suck, but it served my team well. Well, not offensive momentum, but it actually hit the few pokemon that gave the team the most problems as well as spin blocked.

Ilan

Crustle @white herb
Jolly
212 attack, 252 speed,40 HP
Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissors
-Shell Smash

This is a set I've used to some success always setting up strealth rock and it can sweep with shell smash and it's defenses!

worthless huh?

it isn't as weak to special attacks like cloyster (or to priority) although it is a lot slower...

Well, nothing really. But weren't suicide lead extremely possible last gen? Under most situations, I would not suggest it, but Crustle might fit on some team out there.

My point isn't that suicide leads are bad, its that Crustle is a shitty one. Why use Crustle when Skarmory (who is faster, has better defenses, typing, access to Taunt etc) and Forretress exist? Maybe if you have a team that instantly loses to a Gyarados / Dragonite / Reuniclus that finds a turn of setup it might find some use but that's more a statement about your team not being able to check common threats than Crustle actually being good.

If my team is super weak to Scizor / Gyarados / Dragonite and needs a Steel type I'm not going to run Tpunch / Ice Punch / Fire Blast / Sucker Punch Mawile, I'm going to just revamp my team to better handle what I'm weak to.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Crustle @white herb
Jolly
212 attack, 252 speed,40 HP
Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissors
-Shell Smash

This is a set I've used to some success always setting up strealth rock and it can sweep with shell smash and it's defenses!

worthless huh?

it isn't as weak to special attacks like cloyster (or to priority) although it is a lot slower...

sure. mine was pretty much the same set but i gave it pursuit instead of x-scissor, and i tried rock wrecker instead of stone edge because i hate missing stone edges. then rock slide (for doubles). turns out rock wrecker misses more often than stone edge, in my experience. dont tell me accuracy numbers. im telling you battle results. plus i didnt have a white herb so i think i gave it quick claw or rocky helmet then. i still heart my bronzong for being my stealth rocker more. (tell me heatproof is a useless ability, guys. come on. i dare you.) ever go imprison, earthquake, stealth rock, toxic/confuse ray? imprison is better than magnet rise.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
i tried rock wrecker instead of stone edge because i hate missing stone edges. then rock slide (for doubles). turns out rock wrecker misses more often than stone edge, in my experience. dont tell me accuracy numbers. im telling you battle results.

I saw a very astute comment on PO once that this just reminded me of. If something with a 90% chance of hitting misses, "meh, I'll get over it." If something with a 10% of hitting hits, "OMFG WTF YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

plus i didnt have a white herb so i think i gave it quick claw or rocky helmet then.
Why on earth would you give it a Quick Claw? In what way is that more useful than White Herb or Leftovers?

i still heart my bronzong for being my stealth rocker more. (tell me heatproof is a useless ability, guys. come on. i dare you.)
Compared to Levitate, yes, it is. An immunity to a weakness is better than a resistance to a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.