• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerofield

i miss miror
Klingklang is actually a terrifyingly strong sweeper in RU with shift gear/gear grind/return/filler. It doesn't have the best of coverage, nor the best stats, but it's a great cleaner with that amazing boosting move, especially late-game when stuff that stops it has been removed.

Looks bad on paper, breaks teams in practice.

TerraWolf

Banned
All Cacturne needs is sand to be successful lol. Cacturne is a pretty cool mon and I've seen plenty of people use it extremely well. Anyways as far bad competitive stuff the list is endless, but most pokes have their own niches in certain areas and tiers.

Cacturne was good in 4th Gen. The team I beat Chad with over a year ago had it in it. But since SubSeed is left to something with Priority, Cacturne's faded to lower tiers

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Cacturne with Sand Veil is still somewhat decent in UU actually.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Modest Choice Specs Luvdisc with a little rain dance support beats...
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Alakazam (Neutral): 109% - 128% (276 - 325 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Dugtrio (Neutral): 303% - 359% (644 - 762 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/0SpDef Sturdy Donphan (Neutral): 99% - 99% (383 - 383 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. OHKO with stealth rock.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Levitate Gengar (Neutral): 116% - 137% (306 - 360 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/100SpDef Flash Fire Heatran (Neutral): 107% - 127% (416 - 492 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Infernape (Neutral): 217% - 255% (638 - 752 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/100SpDef Landorus (Neutral): 135% - 159% (516 - 608 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Lucario (Neutral): 114% - 135% (322 - 381 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Thick Fat Mamoswine (Neutral): 201% - 237% (728 - 858 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Mienshao (Neutral): 133% - 157% (364 - 429 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Tornadus (Neutral): 96% - 114% (289 - 342 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 79% chance to OHKO. OHKO with stealth rock.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Luvdisc (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 240HP/0SpDef Volcarona (Neutral): 124% - 147% (462 - 546 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

I still don't suggest using it though.

Okay that is weird but cool. Still wish they would give it an evolved form or at least something other then heartscale that makes it worth catching.

Utopian

faults & feats
This thread I find is irrevelent since user BH wins with the crappiest mons...ie corsula...

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Fan rotom with levitate, and no Hurricane? Seriously?
Why would they give it a special move? That means they'd have to give all of the others special moves relating to their new types. Plus, fans don't create Hurricanes.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
YouTube.

And if we're taking about in-game stuff only, I've never seen much point in Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb. If it at least activated on Pokemon who have immunity for Electric / Water... but no.

Binding Band and Ring Target are even worse. Absolutely, utterly useless.
They're good for Surf/Discharge teams. I saw a Drizzle team that used one to power up a Ludicolo's Surf. It got STAB and the +Sp.Atk boost. It was horrible for my team with a ton of water weaknesses, lesson learned. Bring a Thunder Dragonite.

Binding Band+Toxic can be useful. I believe normally moves like Wrap and Sand Tomb do about 1/16 damage. With it, I believe it goes up to 1/8. That means in 8 turns the Pokemon faints. That menas approximately two uses of the move, but with Toxic that's 2/16, 5/16, 9/16, 14/16, dead. That's from Toxic and Damage from the move alone. With added damage from extra moves that kills and they can't switch out either to prevent Toxic damage. You could also set this up and then switch out to something more bulky. It's incredibly gimicky but my mind works in gimicks. And I'm not so sure my calculations for Binding Band moves is correct.

Ring Target, yeah, useless. I guess it could be usefull for Psychic Pokemon that have Trick. A neutral STAB Psychic move would hit a dark type,, however, with other type there's hardly any use and/or leaves you vulnerable.

Aegon

Why would they give it a special move? That means they'd have to give all of the others special moves relating to their new types. Plus, fans don't create Hurricanes.
Umm... They already did.

Frost Rotom - Blizzard
Wash Rotom - Hydro Pump
Heat Rotom - Overheat
Mow Rotom - Leaf Storm
Fan Rotom - Air Slash

They all have base powers of over 120, except for Air Slash, which pales in comparison at 75. Last time I checked, freezers don't cause blizzards, washing machines don't expel great volumes of water in a concentrated beam, ovens don't release massive amounts of heat and mowers don't usually rapidly blast leaves.

Also, don't double-post.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Hurricane would make more sense to me, as well. I get the whole "it's a fan, it has blades of pain" thing, but they already slammed the thing with a useless ability on top of generally bad typing.

The abilities minus and plus. Even if you are have two Pokemon with these abilities in doubles or triples, its almost useless, since all of them shouldn't really be paired due to common weaknesses.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Umm... They already did.

Frost Rotom - Blizzard
Wash Rotom - Hydro Pump
Heat Rotom - Overheat
Mow Rotom - Leaf Storm
Fan Rotom - Air Slash

They all have base powers of over 120, except for Air Slash, which pales in comparison at 75. Last time I checked, freezers don't cause blizzards, washing machines don't expel great volumes of water in a concentrated beam, ovens don't release massive amounts of heat and mowers don't usually rapidly blast leaves.

Also, don't double-post.
Well they already made Fan Rotoms with Air Slash. I'm sure if they made Hurricane one generation earlier it would've been on Fan Rotom.
What I meant is that they'd have to make another special move on top of the one they already had.
Fans are incredibly small. It makes more sense for larger appliances to have stronger attacks. At least to me it does.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
just cause you inhabit a fan doesnt mean you should get a different ability than to float.

sure - its ability.. its useless.

so is.... abomasnow's DW ability. unless youre that scared of bug buzz.

Zachmac

Gamefreak doesn't really care if their ability is useless. Check out DW Delibird.

Anyway, I don't find it likely that the rotom forms will get other special moves.

ashsinnoh

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
You say that like that's all Whimsiscott is capable of. It wrecks HO teams like crazy with priority encore. Like the little prick or not, the thing is good. There's a reason Smogon has a tab for it for every tier.

No, actually, the reason Smogon has a tab for it in every tier is a testament to the fact that it isn't good, not that it is. The reason it has an article under ever tier is because it started in OU, so an OU analysis was written, but then it fell to UU, so a UU analysis had to be written, then into RU, so an RU analysis had to be written. Smogon doesn't scrap their write-ups if something goes down a tier; just if it goes up. Going down a tier doesn't invalidate something from the tier it previously existed in, so the analysis would still be useful to some people. Going up a tier does invalidate it from play in the old tier though, meaning an analysis on how it works in that tier would no longer be useful to anyone.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
No, actually, the reason Smogon has a tab for it in every tier is a testament to the fact that it isn't good, not that it is. The reason it has an article under ever tier is because it started in OU, so an OU analysis was written, but then it fell to UU, so a UU analysis had to be written, then into RU, so an RU analysis had to be written. Smogon doesn't scrap their write-ups if something goes down a tier; just if it goes up. Going down a tier doesn't invalidate something from the tier it previously existed in, so the analysis would still be useful to some people. Going up a tier does invalidate it from play in the old tier though, meaning an analysis on how it works in that tier would no longer be useful to anyone.
Even still, Whimsicott is pretty annoying to see on team preview. priority Tailwind, Taunt, and Encore wrecks a lot of pokemon. actually, any pokemon with Prankster screws people over.

Status
Not open for further replies.