• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Cosplay Idea

In your opinion, what's the worst cosplay idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
For the cosplayer in all of us. Explain why in your post.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Worst cosplay idea? I think this takes the cake.

Seriously though, I really dislike the whole crossplaying thing. I have nothing against crossdressers under normal circumstances, but I cannot imagine a guy dressed as a female anime character like Riza Hawkeye; that just gives me the willies. I think it works a lot better when it's a girl dressed as a guy than for it to be the other way around :x

Crossplay is essentially looked down upon because the first thing some people will think of is Man-Faye and the like, and I don't think that's really fair. I mean, yeah there's horrible crossplays, but there are damn good ones as well. As for "DERP I LOST THE GAME" there's no good or bad, it's just completely stupid; though I'm not sure if I'd count it as a cosplay at all-- it's just something that's associated with the con-going culture.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Oh great, now I have to burn my retinas out because of those pictures.

But cosplay only works if you look good. Not to say that I am bashing on uggos, but a lot of cosplays I have seen are from people who have no business doing so.

But that's my opinion.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

That... actually doesn't look all that bad. It's looks okay even close to pretty good. At least it isn't skimpy clothes that shows off his fat...

I have to agree with microgamer; crossplaying can be good, it just depends on the person. It isn't all that worse than any other "bad" cosplayer. I've seen a male cosplaying as Miku who didn't bother to shave and it was pretty funny. I think cosplayers just need to find those characters that fit them if they aren't normally pretty looking.

Anyways, I have to say "I lost the game!" option since I don't see how that is cosplay. And wearing really skimpy clothing on cold days.

1: I lost the game because of that poll.

2: I would have to say "furries" considering that if you go to an anime con as a furry, you gon get raped.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
Crossplay. Its ok if its a girl dressing as a think, lanky, handsome guy. But a guy dressing as a girl is just wrong.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Crossplay. Its ok if its a girl dressing as a think, lanky, handsome guy. But a guy dressing as a girl is just wrong.

Orihime anyone? I've seen a ton of guys (pervs) crossplay as her. Let me tell you it's...(puking noises).

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Thanks, you just made me lose the game.

On the whole crossplaying thing, there have been a few Asian girls I know that can pull off the bishounen look when they cosplay. Just the same, I've seen a few successful traps out there. What's with the double standard? Convincing traps and bearded men in drag make you sad?

Although, in the case of Man-Faye, it turns out to be more funny than disgusting. If you have an open sense of humor and if you're not a hardass about every single thing imaginable, it's all in good fun. Pretty ballsy to dress as a female character even when they know they can't pull it off. And I highly doubt they do it to fulfill some kind of bizarre sexual fix. Most of them, anyway.

Rex Kamex

For me... anyone who cosplays as someone who looks far from what the character looks like... and is absolutely serious about it.

If they're joking and all that... I'm fine with that, but if they're not...

That... actually doesn't look all that bad. It's looks okay even close to pretty good. At least it isn't skimpy clothes that shows off his fat...

.............................................................................. "His"?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
.............................................................................. "His"?

....Holy..... That's a female?!

Looking again, I see it but...... Um, wow.

I totally thought it was an fat Asian boy..... And what does that say about me to first think it was male....

Enpeithree

As many e's as Eevee
For me... anyone who cosplays as someone who looks far from what the character looks like... and is absolutely serious about it.

If they're joking and all that... I'm fine with that, but if they're not...

I agree. I'm more impressed if someone really connects to the character they dressed as. It's more interesting and entertaining that way... But if they just dress up as them for kicks of course that's fine as well!

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
....Holy..... That's a female?!

Looking again, I see it but...... Um, wow.

I totally thought it was an fat Asian boy..... And what does that say about me to first think it was male....

though, I do think this illustrates another problem: fat people trying to play as skinny characters. Maybe now would be a good time for me to finally show off some pictures I took while I was at Comiket. I gotta say, the cosplayers there had a tendency to look pretty damn sweet. Aside from the fact that the majority of Japanese nerds actually aren't as bloated as their western counterparts, those with less common body structures managed to find a pretty suitable match. For example, this big guy played a pretty awesome Gyuumaou. Konata was being fittingly done by a girl that seemed a bit shorter than everyone else there (and almost everyone in Japan was already barely reaching my shoulders). And as someone mentioned before, even their traps are pretty decent, as I saw with this Touhou duo.

By the way, I'm surprised those giant character facemasks aren't an option on the poll. And on another note, Hatsune Miku was easily THE most cosplayed character I saw while I was over there (speaking of which, this one was pretty weird.... front, back).

Zazie

So 1991
Status
Not open for further replies.