1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Dream Crusher!

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Genaller, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Who was the worst at crushing Ash’s dreams?

1. Ritchie

18.8%
  2. Harrison

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tyson

6.3%
  4. Tobias

3.1%
  5. Cameron

62.5%
  6. Alain

9.4%
  1. Genaller

Genaller BW and SM Ash = #NotMyAsh

Figured we should have 1 of these as well. I’m going with Ritchie because:

1. Actively tried to keep Ash’s chances alive by pleading with the ref to not disqualify him and wait longer while TRio were busy actually trying to crush Ash’s dreams.

2. Didn’t deliver the final blow in crushing Ash’s dreams, but instead just stood back and let Ash’s Charizard do that for him!

He’s a nice guy but clearly horrible at dream crushing ;).

2. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

How was Ritchie the 'Dream Crusher' LMAO? Ash lost the match because of 1) TR's intervention 2) His folly of not using Bulbasaur who got 2 KO's in the previous match 3) Not sorting out Charizard's disobedient issues despite having 2 freaking full months before the League. It was mostly his own fault. That battle was undoubtedly the worst battle ever in the anime by far, plus that League loss was also absolute ****, but that doesn't make Ritchie the worst dream crusher, cuz it was mostly Ash's fault.

Worst dream crusher was definitely Cameron. Couldn't have even entered the League has Ash not hurried him to it in time, was a legitimate IQ>50 idiot, came with 5 Pokemon, send 2 of his Pokemon in 4x disadvantages in the battle, but still beat Ash. Hardly anyone ever comes even close to being worse.

DuquÊ? likes this.
  3. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

The instant Ash mentioned the Kalos league... he doomed himself to losing that to Alain!

Diablous Ex Machina the character!

4. Genaller

So how is Alain simultaneously the best and worst dream crusher (according to your votes)?

5. Evanibble

Evanibble Well-Known Member

Well I'd say Alain and Tobias, but for different reasons.

I think in the case of Alain, it was a well-fought battle, and Ash was at his most deserving since we saw his skills as a trainer improve over the series and from his past adventures in other reasons.

Tobias because of his use of legendaries, simply put. Like Alain he was a dream crusher but it was clear from the start that he was going to be unbeatable. At least with Alain you could make a serious argument that Ash could--and deserved--to beat Alain.

So...I guess it just depends on how you frame "worst dream crusher." You can make a case that Ash deserved better than losing to Cameron or Tyson, which could make them the "worst" in a certain sense.

6. HoundoomFan

HoundoomFan shy shipper

Camoron, definitely. Not just because he knocked ash back in raking, which I don’t see why that really matters... I mean, image if ash’s first opponent in the sinnoh league was Tobias. He would of obviously lost, but that doesn’t automatically mean that he was one of the worst, just unlucky to matched up with someone who was the best right off...

Anyways, Cameron is the worst because his lost made ash look his worst. Ash lost to someone who was about to head to another region for the isshu leauge, didn’t even have a full team, went to way more leagues & just plain had more experience than him but still lost, & lost to Pokemon that he had x4 advantages on.

Ritchie: a good 2nd, but most of the loss blame can be put more on TRio & the stupid ref who thinks Pokemon sleeping = KO.

Harrison & Tyson: they where good matches & nothing was really wrong with them.

Tobias: he wasn’t bad at all, as he made ash look like a great trainer as not only was he the only one able to defeat his darkrai, but tied with his 2nd as well, & making it to the highest rank till kalos.

Alain: I think it was kinda obvious charizard would win. It’s alain’s starter (while greninja isn’t ash’s starter) & defeated a E4 Pokemon. The battle was pretty boring though imo.

7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple "I have feelings, unlike delicious animals"

Wouldn't making Ash look as bad as possible make Cameron really good at being a dream crusher?

Genaller likes this.
  8. Ignition

Ignition Couldn't care less even if I tried

I think Cameron is. The entire battle had me wondering "why?"

9. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Cameron, easily. It was thanks to Ash that he got to even participate in the League, and the entire battle was awful, from Cameron bringing only five Pokemon to a full battle to Ash not switching out Pignite against Samurott.

10. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

The loss to Ritchie was bad, but at least that kid had his sh-t together

Cameron was an utter abomination

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Charizard technically be the OS dreamcrusher over Ritchie since his disobedience cost Ash the match?

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  12. Genaller

Yup he technically is which is why Ritchie is the worst “dream crusher” since he didn’t even deliver the “crushing blow” ;).

DuquÊ? and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  13. blizzardblaze

blizzardblaze Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime

Team Rocket and Charizard are the true OS dream crushers

HoundoomFan and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  14. XY Rules

XY Rules Pokemon Master

Ash crushed his own dream in OS by not training that Charizard...Ash had absolutely no business being in that league to begin with lol.

I could see a lot of understandable arguments for the others though. But to me the worst dream crusher is the most insulting one. So Cameron, nothing hurt more than watching Ash lose to a guy so dumb he made Ash look like a genius and only brought five Pokemon to a full battle...Even BW Ash didn’t deserve to go out that way.

I could see people saying Tobias simply because he is the most blatant example of how the writers just want Ash to lose though. And because he is probably the worst written character (if you can even call him that, he’s more of a plot device). But I liked the fact he at least let Ash go out in an awesome way by taking out two legendaries subsequently making him the true runner-up of the Sinnoh League since the other guy didn’t even take out Darkrai.

15. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

Cameron. If you going to crush Ash's chance for victory, do it at your best not your worst. The final League battle for Ash should be his greatest challenge yet. One that can push him to the limit and give it his all. After all, it isn't a satisfying victory if your opponents are like wet noodles.

Cameron does not fit that bill. Ritchie is designed to be a smarter, more mature Ash. Harrison and Tyson are designed to be older and more mature mirrors of Ash. Tobias is designed as the unstoppable force. And Alain, well, I say he's more of a deconstruction of what a dream crusher is and a dark reflection of Ash's To Be A Master goal.

But Cameron? In many ways, a more immature and idiotic version of Ash. Possibly a representation of what Ash was back then. But these characters are the type that would lose to the more experienced and mature Ash. Not win by accident.

16. Mizz Nikki

Mizz Nikki Fluffy and Adorable

Hands dow, Cameron is the worst. The final battle he had with Ash was a literal joke. The kid was a total mess and he didn’t have a full team but he still won and the only reason why he won is because Riolu evolved into Lucario.

There was no worse way to lose than this. If I was Ash, I wouldn’t have been okay with this.

17. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

My measure of dream crusher quality is my level of entertainment I get from him.

No matter where he is or when he is, Cameron will always be the worst. His character of being a scatter brain idiot was one better in PokeSpe with Black and with more tact, his Ash-like demeanor was already filled with Ash and Richie, and his overall battling style bores me. I knew Ash was going to lose, but he was so bone-dry boring that I couldn’t like him.

18. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Tyson is the worst for me.

And for no other reason other than it's the guy who beat Ash with a Meowth with boots.

19. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Can we even call ritchie a dream crusher, because more than him i think charizard and TR were more responsible for ash's loss in kanto league not that he deserve to be place high in there after getting bunch of pity badges and not training one bit. I think instead of ritchie as an option we charizard/TR option should be more valid.

20. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Cameron is the worst Dream Crusher. Virgil should be Ash's Dream Crusher in BW and he was shown to be competent unlike Cameron in which he defeated without much trouble. Not too mention, there's alot of questionable actions from Ash on how he handled against Cameron, and this happened after his awesome skills shown in DP, unlike in OS where he was a noob.

ash&charizardfan likes this.