• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Fanbases Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yup, you read the title of the thread correctly. "Why the entertainment section of all places though?" Well, we could talk about games and even other cartoons here. Now whine so we can hear each others' sweet delicious misery (and that you can choke when I say my number 1).

sweetie

lovely love
inb4bronies

kusari

Raptastic
Homestuck fans try my nerves a bit. Also not a fan of Gurren Lagann fans.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Pokemon fans by far. It really annoys me when they come and hate on something new just for the sole purpose of it being new.

In short they are stuck in the past.

sweetie

lovely love
I'm a bit slow about this but what's homestuck?

:'D

to be honest, i never saw the hype with Homestuck. i played/watched? it once, but i didn't get very far so that could be why lawl

but from testimonials from friends, and some of the guys in this thread i guess their fans aren't a very pleasant bunch.

Takeo

inb4bronies

Well, goddammit, I can't take anymore of this shït I'm seeing on YouTube.

As some of you may know, Howard Stern did an incredibly biased report on YouTube about bronies. This fücker thought it would be a good idea to make his listeners think that every brony is a "clopper", someone who jacks off to MLP.

And then on the YT video, a whole bunch of closed-minded ignorant douchebags keep on posting the same old shït, calling every single damn one of us "horsefückers" or "ponyfägs".

this is like those fückers at Fox who didn't do their research and never stopped to realize that there are, ya know, NORMAL bronies out there?

I seriously want to dump gasoline on them, throw in a Molotov cocktail, and pull out a submachine gun and shoot the bastards and watch them burn. Frankly I don't give a shït about "love and tolerance" anymore. These fückers are asking for it.

Lma o

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Sonic fans and bronies.

Well most of them. There are some intelligent people that come from both sides

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Pokemon fans by far. It really annoys me when they come and hate on something new just for the sole purpose of it being new.

In short they are stuck in the past.
Not all of them and that's the part of the fanbase I despise the most. What do I mean? Well, I know Castform or the like isn't apparently good but still, don't you find this a tad too harsh?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
OK not like I have ever actually talked to them but I must ask what is so bad about my fellow Homestuck fans?
There's a good bunch that don't really do the fandom a good service, really. You get the sort of people who will look at the pictures but not read the pesterlogs, or skip say the whole troll arc (no, really). And you also get those who act rather obsessively about specific characters (someone mentioned Vriska which is a pretty polarising character; some people like her no matter what she does in the story though which is pretty =/ given some of those things.). There's also the people who will go on and on and on about how amazing Homestuck is. I think it's amazing too in various parts, but sometimes things get taken too far with that.

Sonic fandom is one that I would call a bad fandom in various parts, what with the million Original the Characters flying about on DA and the likes, and those who complain about every single thing, down to how some jumps aren't exactly as they were 10 years ago game ruined forever. Each game has flaws, guys, just enjoy it for what it's worth. (Of course, what doesn't help it is the bad times such as, say, 06, a published game that was never finished and with long loading times, extremely glitchy gameplay, etc, too, which I imagine is a factor). Some parts are not bad mind, and the groups who hack the games to bit sure are a dedicated bunch, but sonic is the first thing I think of when I hear the phrase 'broken fanbase' or whatnot.

Minecraft has a heck of a lot of whiners as well, imo.

Ace of Shades

There's a good bunch that don't really do the fandom a good service, really. You get the sort of people who will look at the pictures but not read the pesterlogs, or skip say the whole troll arc (no, really). And you also get those who act rather obsessively about specific characters (someone mentioned Vriska which is a pretty polarising character; some people like her no matter what she does in the story though which is pretty =/ given some of those things.). There's also the people who will go on and on and on about how amazing Homestuck is. I think it's amazing too in various parts, but sometimes things get taken too far with that.

Ok thanks. I admit though that sometimes pesterlogs get a little to long for me but I don't skip them. and who would sip a whole arc of anything. I like Vriska's design but she is a horrible person. Homestuck is amazing(usually) but not the most amazing thing(that goes to One Piece).

Speaking of One Piece though some of the fans can be really stupid always complaining when each chapter doesn't have someone get punched across the face or when a chapter focuses in the story. They also complain alot about how mislead the author has become. They just irk me.

lidaboy

procrastina...
sonic fanbase. as a person who has been with sonic through the old days to the present, words cannot describe how much faith i have lost in them, although there are quite a few who are good hearted. its not sonic, its the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.